Three

Three

A Chapter by nostal
"

Third chapter of TENTACLE

"
Tory found himself holding a knife. The serrated curve of the blade twinkled from the incoming rays of sunrise. The analog clock on the desk next to his mattress, visible from the threshold of the bathroom, blinked a digital 6:40. Jeff had proved to be useless and he regretted having roused him. 
The b*****d had probably returned to slumber. 
Above his tentacle remained the knife and below the tentacle, the marbled cavity labeled a sink, drain elevated from its hole. He blurted to himself, "This is going to hurt so bad."

Before he had seized the cutting utensil from his kitchen drawer, he had thought about one word. Amputation. Vague memories lingered of him as a boy watching popcorn- horror flicks at the cinema, purchasing the tickets with the spare money his father had given him for lunch at school. Many a day he had starved himself just to hold a seat in a darkened amphitheater, a screen projecting the latest release. The majority of the flicks contained at least one scene of amputation, eery castanets in the background.  

Amputation. The word held much ramifications and little benefit. But the only ramification that bolded itself in his eyes, in his belated feelings: pain. 

Plus, he wasn't sure if it would aid him in anything at all. What if he died of blood loss? 

He let the knife clatter into the sink. No way was he going to risk his life. Not to mention that he was fearful of blood, of seeing blood trickle out of a cut or wound; which may have been the reason he refrained from many activities growing up. Skateboarding? No. Roller blading? No. 

It hit him: just a slit. Just a brief flick of the blade on the tentacle, akin to a paper cut. He took the knife again and grazed its edge over the pink tentacle. Much to his astonishment, it felt just like a paper cut. 

A pinch of pressure: now there, now gone. Cyan blood sapped out of the incision and he dabbed at it with a sheet of toilet paper. Next came a band-aid that he extended and wrapped onto the tentacle. It lasted little less than a minute, then came undone, the material not adhering to the slick, moist skin of the tentacle. 

The blood had ceased though and the incision had become barely distinguishable. 

The analog clock blinked four new digits: 7: 00. Work was only three hours away.   



© 2011 nostal


Author's Note

nostal
1. What'd you think?
2. Criticisms?
3. Thoughts?
4. Are you becoming more intrigued?
5. Wondering wat will happen next?
6. What do you think of the story so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

1. It's just so f*****g random and holy crap. Like, really? I'm starting to freak a little.
2. As previously mentioned Crazysox got it. WE NEED MORE TENTACLE.
3. Freaky, bro.
4. Yes. WHAT'S WILL THE TENTACLE GODDAMMIT?
5. I'm just wondering what his boss is going to say...
6. It's...seriously unserious.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. WTF? This is so weird and random yet well written, I can't stop reading.
2. Crazysox nailed it, below.
3. I must find out what happens to the tentacle.
4. I am hooked.
5. Is this going to get all hentai?
6. You are a great humorous writer with a style all your own.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. I still really like it
2. I have no room to criticize anyone, so I don't
3. One thought is: why does he have this tentacle growing out of him? However, I do not wanna know.
4. Yes, I def am
5. I wonder if his arm is any relation to where he works. You said a fish shop right? Idk just kinda makes me wonder.
6. It really is great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. I think it's great
2. Details! How big is the tentacle, exactly? Is it on his right or his left? Is his hair brown or blonde? Is he short or tall? Thin or fat?
3. I think the other answers sum up my thoughts :)
4. Absolutely
5. Yes
6. I think it's a good idea, but there isn't much of a plot yet. There's the conflict with work, but it's easily solvable: just call in sick. Give the characters more problems, more reactions, and watch the story grow.
Great job so far! Keep up the creativity!

Posted 12 Years Ago


If you ever decide to explain WHY this damn tentacle is there, I will have to hurt you. I don't want to know.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 20, 2011
Tags: chapter, tentacle, fiction, novellete


Author

nostal
nostal

orem



About
Been here since 2007. 16. I dig ambient soundscape music and often write while listening to Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin. Don't be afraid to offer serious constructive criticism, for I take .. more..

Writing
Autumn's Grove Autumn's Grove

A Story by nostal


Achife Achife

A Story by nostal


Wrecked kid Wrecked kid

A Story by nostal