Fallen Chapter Five

Fallen Chapter Five

A Story by Chistie

 

Chapter Five
 
 I was panicking; I had no idea what to do. Cooper was still outside trying to get inside, and I was inside trying to get outside. My chest hurt with every heart beat; I needed to be in Cooper’s arms, to be safe. The people around me were beginning to panic, just now realizing that there was a problem. More and more people were slamming their fists on the glass doors to no avail. I didn’t know what to do without Cooper, I was too scared to move from my spot but I was being pushed farther away from where Cooper stood.
 “Stop, please. Stop!” I tried to push my way back to where Cooper still stood. He was trying to force open the doors with a crow bar someone gave him. I was getting pushed father away and it didn’t look like he noticed.
 Pounding on the glass I screamed, “Cooper! Cooper! Help please help!” The sounds of my fists pounding on the glass were getting mixed in with all of the other poundings and I doubted if Cooper could even hear mine.
 “Kennley, stay where you are! Kennley, where are you?” I could barley hear Coopers muffled yells through the glass, trying to reach me.
 “Cooper, I can’t! Cooper!!”
   A very refined female voice came on over the intercoms, drowning out all other noise, telling everyone to please remain calm and to proceed to the waiting areas for further information. I didn’t want to move and I tried really hard not to but I was swept up in the crowd and carried off. I had no idea where we were going and I could see Cooper’s head just over the tops of everyone else. Breathing became impossible as bodies of every size pressed on mine, I could smell the people around me and it was making me a little dizzy.
 The female voice came back on and told us that someone would be around to explain what was happening shortly and that we should remain calm. I didn’t feel like remaining calm, I needed Cooper’s strong arms to wrap around me and tell me everything was okay. I didn’t know why I was so worried or panicky but I felt like something was wrong, out of place. My fears were quickly proven correct when a couple of airport security guards came up to me.
   “Will you please come with us ma’am?” The guards held out their arms to gesture the way to go. I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to loose site of Cooper, who looked like he was about to blow the doors open, but what choice did I have, I had to go with them.
 “Not without my husband.” I quickly said, trying to keep my voice even with the lie.
 “Sorry ma’am, we can’t let anyone who has already been outside to come inside. Please come with us, this won’t take long.” I studied the guards face’s for anything that I had seen in the man on the train. Both men were muscular, stretching their shirts, the guard on the right was slightly taller; maybe an inch or so. He had short blonde hair and light green eyes and the one on the left was his opposite with longer dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Both faces held and embarrassed expression, I still didn’t believe them but their face’s held expression and that made me feel a little better. I sneaked a peek over at Cooper and almost vomited on the guards; Cooper was gone! I heard a rasping all around me and when the guards started to reassure me, telling me to take deep breaths, did I realize that it was me making the rasping sound. My breaths coming and going in short spurts, making my head spin. Where was Cooper? Why would he just leave, did something happen to him? I shied away from that train of frantic thoughts and tried to follow the guards.
   “Don’t worry ma’am, we will take good care of you.” The taller blonde guard said as he led me down a dark hallway.
   “Where. Are. You. Taking. Me?” I said each word in between gasps.
   “Just hold tight and we will be there in a moment.” That was the dark haired guard; his had curled around my upper arm guiding me. I looked at his face, he wasn’t that much taller than me not like Cooper, who was almost a head taller than me, and the dark eyed guard winked at me. What an odd thing to do?
   “Who are you?” I asked, coming to a realization that these men must work for the Falling Stars and that’s why Cooper had gone from the automatic doors.
 We were rounding a corner when the building shuttered violently, knocking me to my knees. The guards still had their hands wrapped around my arms and they to fell to the ground with me. As I was trying to disentangle myself from them, another violent shake shattered the sudden silence. I was still tangled with the blonde haired guard when parts of the roof fell on top of us. The guard shielded me from most of the debris, taking a big chunk of ceiling to his back. He grunted as he tried to stand up with the heavy piece of plaster, I could feel the dark eyed guard but he wasn’t moving.
 Shaking his muscular arms I tried to rouse him, he stirred a little so I shook harder.
   “Please wake up, are you okay?” My voice was nothing more than a quivering whisper.
   “Don’t worry about him, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” The blonde guard had removed the debris from around us and was standing above me with his hand extended.
   “I’m fine but what about him, I think he’s hurt?”
   “He’ll be fine, I promise. Please hurry, we have to get out of here before the real police show up. You can’t be here.” I had grabbed his hand and now he was pulling me along the now pitch black corridor. I had a sudden vision of the dark forest the night that Oscar had tried to kill me and shuttered. I pushed the thought aside and tried to peer in to the dark.
 The blonde guard was really strong and I found myself stumbling over the ruble than running through it.
 “We are almost there, please try to keep up,” he wasn’t even puffing with the effort of running and half dragging me; I on the other hand could hardly drag in a breath. With the only sound in the corridor being our feet and breathing it was easy to hear the sudden sound of pursuit. Hearing the sounds of someone or someone’s chasing us; I picked up the pace and tried not to trip over the littered floor, not knowing if it was the dark eyed guard or someone more sinister. As we got closer to the end I started to hear the normal sounds of a disaster: sirens blaring, people screaming and moaning in pain.
   “How are we going to get past all of the police?” I huffed out the question, still not breathing right.
   “We have a police cruiser waiting at the exit. Cooper is waiting there for you. I don’t know what happened, but I’m sure the Light had something to do with it and we can’t take the chance of Him getting to you.”
The sound of pursuit was still loud, too loud but by the time I looked behind me a man, not the dark eyed guard, was stretching out his hand; grabbing for a piece of my shirt.
I don’t know how it happened but as the strange man went to yank me backwards with the handful of shirt he had grabbed, when a very bright light filled the corridor. When the light died the stranger was now on the floor and I was standing over him. My palms burned like I had just held a hot cup of coffee for too long, and as I looked at them I could see a faint glow emanating from them. This must be what Cooper had meant about my powers coming when they were needed.
 

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great chapter. So far, much mystery, much attraction, much evil and more trouble, no doubt, to come.
Bravo.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Now this one really adds to the mystery literally "forcing" the reader to move to the next one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Christie, this is a great story! It becomes more a more spooky and fascinating. You keep adding incidents, now the heat of the palms too... you've a wonderful imagination. Do you see the characters in your mind's eye.

Will return to read more... sending you a message re this and that...

Thank you for sharing this wonderfully exciting, intriguing story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Big part in the story line!!! Don't miss out!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


aghh!!! i missed it last time i read it!!! she used her powers! awesome

Posted 15 Years Ago


its a really good story so far...im really confused but i guess im gonna have to wait for the rest to find out. i like it so far though

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..