Fallen Chapter Sixteen

Fallen Chapter Sixteen

A Story by Chistie

 

Chapter Sixteen
 
 “Oh yes you will, it’s your destiny. You and I are supposed to be together, it is written in the ‘Stars’.” His voice purred still tracing the line of my jaw.
 “I am destined to be with Cooper! I love him and he loves me, what we have is more than any destiny can trump. I am a Falling Star and I will destroy you!” I wanted my hands to burn, to destroy the Light.
 “You my dear can call me Nicolai; strangely enough my name means victory of the people. Perfect don’t you think, just a little ironic? That I, the one destined to rule over these pathetic people, am named to be their savor. ” He chuckled at his joke and held me tighter, breathing in my body. I shivered and he moved even closer, which was hard to do considering I could already feel his heart beat in time with mine.
 “Please, let me go,” I did not have very many options open to me, I couldn’t produce the burn, and I could not muscle out of his strong grasp, so I begged.
 “Please, please let me go.”
 “You will want me, and soon.” He sounded a little hurt but he kissed my cheek burning my skin and released me disappearing. There was a flash of light in front of my eyes and all of a sudden, I could not remember what we had talked about, as if it had never happened. I could hear Dixon gasping for breath and Cooper wheezing in ragged ones clutching at my ankles.
 I tried to move, to help them but my body was frozen. I could barley breath after what had just happened; what I had no idea. I could not remember all the details; all I could remember was that I was supposed to be somewhere, or with someone.
 “Kennley,” Cooper had staggered to a sitting position and was yanking me down, snapping me out of my revere, “what happened? Where did the Light go?”
 “Nicolai.” I said automatically, not sure where the name had come from.
 “What? Whose Nicolai, is that someone you know? Is he in danger?” Cooper was throwing the questions at me so fast I could barley understand them.
 “No, that’s His name, the Lights. It’s Nicolai.” I said his name in a whisper, not willing to meet Cooper’s hard gaze.
 He looked confused but looked over at our friend who was still gasping for breath.
    “Dixon, are you okay?” Even Dixon noticed my unwillingness to look at either of them.
 “Yes.” Dixon rasped his throat was rough from the near strangulation.
 “What happened?”
 Before any of us could answer, we all looked up at the sound of footsteps fast approaching. Cassidy had come back with the whole house.  Marcus was the first to reach us, scooping me up in to his arms. To surprised to move I let him squeeze me.
   “What are you doing Marcus?” Cooper’s voice was much stronger and he sat glaring at us.
 I shook Marcus off and stepped away; Colby had just caught up and was staring at the four of us with her strong hard gaze.
 “Where is the Light? What happened?” Her cool, smooth voice was clear and calm. She seemed almost unfazed at the fact that two of her people had almost died.
 “I’m so sorry Colby, we were at the movies and I saw a man with white teeth, he was there the night Oscar tried to rape me.” I knew I had made a mistake by the look in everyone’s eyes. I had forgotten that I had not told them about the white teeth man.
   “Okay, what then?” Albert’s wheezing voice asked he was the last to show up narrowing his grey eyes at me and my explanation.
 “We ran through the crowd, trying to get away, when Nicolai,”
 “Who is Nicolai?” Toshia with her small frame was hard to see behind Cassidy’s body.
 “Oh, um, well the Light, his name is Nicolai.” Everyone in the group looked around at each other, as if they were silently communicating.
 “Anyways,” I snapped at them, “he shot Cooper with a lightning bolt and since he had a hold of my hand and I had hold of Dixon’s we all went down,” Silent tears were coming from my eyes as I realized at how close I had come to losing Cooper and Dixon, “ and then Nicolai was choking Dixon. I couldn’t help, I could not remember how to make my hands burn.” My silent tears were turning in to sobs now Cooper reached up and took a hold of my hand, pulling me down towards him.
 “I can’t remember any more, the next thing I knew Cooper and Dixon were gasping and coming too.” As the words came out of my mouth the world around us woke up. People started walking again as if nothing had happened. The group pushed itself closer to avoid being split up.
 “Maybe we should save the rest of this interesting conversation until we are back at the manor.” Alorha said as she moved her hand over Cooper’s leg and Dixon’s throat, subtle light emanating from her hands. She smile mockingly towards me and I instantly hated her for it.  

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Everything is still a sweet mystery.

Posted 15 Years Ago


All I can say is....when is the next one going to be finished?

Posted 15 Years Ago


oh my god!!!! i hate nicolli so much. i hate alohora. but i love the story. U do rock. lol....keep writing! im trying too. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..