Fallen Chapter Twenty-Five

Fallen Chapter Twenty-Five

A Story by Chistie

 

                Chapter Twenty-Five
 
    “No, I’m fine.” I did not want to go anywhere with him, unless it was to see Cooper.
 “You can’t starve to death. You haven’t eaten in two days, you have to be hungry.” He was, unfortunately, making sense. I was hungry but I really did not want to leave my little living room area, I felt semi safe here.
 “You won’t get hurt, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He grabbed my hand and dragged me to my feet.
 “Fine, if you insist.” He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. The gesture was to intimate, I may have made out with him yesterday, a temporary loss in judgment but that did not mean he could touch me like this today.
 I wiggled out of his grasp, putting a good distance between us. He looked hurt but I did not care.
 “Don’t, I told you I needed space. Yesterday was a mistake as far as I am concerned; you can’t just expect me to love you or even like you.”
 “You’ll get used to me.” He was completely unfazed by the insult he just continued to smile.
  He allowed the distance for now but I knew that it would not last for long.
 We walked in silence for a while, the room was still dark and it made me wonder what time it was.
 “What time is it?” I asked in a whisper, afraid to talk any louder, not knowing what hid in the dark.
 “About noon.” He looked towards the ceiling as if he was looking at the sky but all I saw was black.
 “Why is it so dark in here?” The silence was killing me, not that I wanted to talk to Nicolai but he was my only option.
   “That is my little secret, don’t be nosey now.” He smiled over at me, letting me know he was joking but he still did not tell me the reason.
 I suddenly realized that I had not used my powers this whole time. I stopped walking, almost slapping my forehead. How could I have forgotten?
 Nicolai turned around after a few steps, noticing I was not beside him anymore.
 “Is something wrong?” He seemed genuinely concerned. 
 A hysterical laugh escaped my lips before I could stop it. I looked horrified over at Nicolai and he looked unconcerned.
 “Everything is fine considering the circumstances.” I recovered my moment of hysteria and continued walking.
 “What happened to all the passion you had for me yesterday. I thought we were making progress?” He looked at me in mock horror, smiling at the end.
 “Like I said yesterday, I don’t know what that was.”
 “Yes you do. You just don’t want to admit it to yourself.” He grabbed my hand, dragging me forward.
 We walked for what seemed like an eternity. The darkness in the room never changed. Which was weird because even though it was pitch black in the room, I could still see Nicolai clear as day?
 “How come I can see you so clearly?” I could not contain my curiosity.
 “Why do you care?” Nicolai had stopped walking and I almost pumped in to him.
 “I was just wondering.” Why was he being such an a*s?
 “I know you really don’t care. You just want to figure a way to get away from me. I am not telling you my secrets. They keep you here, that’s all you should care about.” He turned around and walked more swiftly in to the dark.
 I had not even thought about escaping, being free held nothing for me without Cooper, but according to Nicolai, I was trapped and I could not get any information from him. Maybe I could clap a light in or something like that. Maybe I could clap myself out. Now that was an idea. I absentmindedly wondered how to do that. Marcus had never said nothing about being able to do that and the other Stars had not clapped themselves to our rescue. Was it even possible?   
 I was snapped out of my revere when Nicolai announced that we had arrived. Where we arrived at I had no idea, it all looked the same to me. Darkness and more darkness, no grey area.
 Nicolai raised his hands up in the area and said something in a language I did not know and right before my eyes a whole restaurant appeared. I had to close my eyes and do a double take. Not just a restaurant but also a whole landscape. The sun was high in the sky as Nicolai said it would be the ground I stood on was hot and rust red. I could feel the heat of a noon sun on my skin and I was starting to sweat, I could feel the heat waves rolling off my skin. The restaurant sat on a high cliff over looking a valley full of the same rust colored rocks and boulders. The valley dipped and curved, folding in on it’s self, creating something out of a movie. The whole scene was beautiful, nothing I had ever seen before.    
 “Wh-What the hell? What is all of this?” My mouth gaped open as he led me towards the door.
 “I though you would like some good Mexican food. I know you don’t like fast food, so I brought you authentic Mexican food.” He smiled broadly, thinking he had done something special for me.
 “Where did it come from? How is it fitting inside your warehouse?” I clamped my mouth shut, knowing I had said too much. Why was I such an idiot?
 “Mmm.” Was all Nicolai said.
 He continued to lead me in to the restaurant, yelling in Spanish for some service. I had not noticed that there were other people in the restaurant; all of them looked to be of Hispanic origin.   
 “Are we in Mexico?” I could not believe what my senses were telling me.
 “Yes, where else do you get authentic Mexican food silly?” He seemed to be enjoying himself.
  I stopped walking, pulling my hand from his grasp.
 “Take me back!” I screamed at Nicolai.
 “No, you said you were hungry. What is wrong?” He seemed utterly confused to my dilemma.
 “What’s wrong? Are you kidding me! Take me back, NOW!” I was so frustrated I grabbed a hand full of my hair and yanked. Not realizing exactly how hard I pulled, I yanked more than a few strands from my head.
 Nicolai was not moving and I did not know what else to do. I thought of home, of Cooper. Wanting nothing more than to be in his strong arms, safe from the entire world. 
 “Take me BACK!” I clapped my hands, having nothing else to do.
 I was surprised to find the restaurant gone along with the valley and the rust red boulders, and finding Nicolai, and I back in the warehouse. I had never done anything like that before. Nicolai looked over at me with happy surprise evident on his face but it swiftly changed to horror. I realized a beat late that I was fainting, again.
 Being this super strong Star was making me weak. Sounds ridiculous I know but even when Oscar was beating the hell out of me, I never fainted. Not once. Now being a Star I have fainted more times than I could count.
 “Kenn…” Nicolai was screaming something but I did not hear the rest of his sentence, the beautiful swirls I related to fainting, was taking over my vision.
 I thought I caught a glimpse of Cooper but I shrugged it off as being a figment of my imagination. Cooper was lost in the unusually big warehouse, hid in never changing darkness. I lost all hope, thinking about all the odds against me, of ever finding Cooper alive. Of ever getting away from Nicolai and this fake destiny, he seems to think is real.
   I did not wake up from this faint for three days and when I did; I was not on my couch in my semi safe light spot. I could hear someone talking but I could not make out what was being said, it all sounded mashed together.
 “Stay on them, if they get any closer alert me right away.” Nicolai was furiously whispering to someone in the dark recesses of the room I laid in.
 “Yes sir.” The disembodied man seemed to salute Nicolai and run from the room.
 I rolled over cautiously, thinking I was on a couch but to my surprise, I was on a bed. I moaned in happy surprise but instantly regretted it. I had given away that I was awake. Nicolai spun around and slowly walked towards me.
 “You are truly amazing.” He whispered as he lay down on the bed next to me.
 I squirmed away from him but he took hold of my waist and pulled me close to him.
 “Let me go.” I was more than a little agitated with him.
 “I cannot believe you transported us. You truly are a product of the Light. You have to be; only those of the Light can transport.” His smile was blinding, he seemed to be in good spirits even with the news of some trouble.
 “You’re lying! I am a Star, a product of the Night, sent to earth to destroy you. Now let me go!” I was quickly loosing patience with his mind games. I could not be from the Light, I just couldn’t.
 He seemed unfazed by my tugging so I tried a different tack.
 “Who are you so worried about?” I sneered at him, hoping to dash his good mood.
 It did not work, Nicolai’s smile widened and he leaned closer to my ear.
 “Your little Star friends seem to think they can rescue you. My men have spotted them prowling around the Warf but no worries I will deal with them.” He seemed to be enjoying my growing nightmare. What if they really did try to save me and they all died? I would not be able to live through that.
 He leaned back just far enough to look in to my eyes. He seemed to grow more somber, probably finding something he did not like in their depths.
 I stared back, determined not to look away first. I searched his eyes as he searched mine and for the first time I saw something deeper than the hate and anger he seemed to carry with him. Deep with in his soul I saw who he is. I could see all his past deeds, what he had done in his life, his very long life. He truly thinks that taking over the world is for the best of the people. He thinks he is doing something good for the weak minded those who do not deserve the power that they wield. I also saw something else, something that he is keeping deep down in his soul. This little piece of his soul was rather dark and murky; I instantly shied away from it, not really wanting to see what that little part was really about whether it was just bad or truly evil.    
 He has killed many people but for some reason his soul was still in tact, still whole. I was prodding his mind, paying no attention to what Nicolai was doing. I came out of my revere to late and found him leaning down to kiss me again. We were still lying in the bed, so when I rolled away from him I rolled off and on to the floor. I landed with a thud, pain sizzling up my right leg. I stood on shaky legs, glaring with all my might at the too innocent look on Nicolai’s face.      

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOVE IT!!! oh! i know. shes awsome. shes a product of the night and the light sent here to keep the delicate balnce lol


love love love it. it was awesome!!!!!


waiting......for....the next, on the edge of my seat


Posted 15 Years Ago


A very good chapter and the fun saga continues.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..