Fallen Chapter Twenty-Six

Fallen Chapter Twenty-Six

A Story by Chistie

 

          Chapter Twenty-Six
 
 “What are you doing?” I was shaking with fury.
   “I thought we were having a moment.” He was almost laughing as he said this, infuriating me more.
 I could not believe him, how could his soul still look so whole and pure? He was far from whole and pure he was holey and dirty.
 “Take me to Cooper. Show me that he is still alive and then let him go.” I was tired of his games; I will set Cooper free, even if I had to stay with Nicolai.
 “I don’t think you want to see him right now, he is how do you say indisposed.” His smile was blinding and just plain evil.
 Horror filled my body and despair filled my heart. How could Cooper be indisposed, he is a prisoner, how busy could he be. I glared at Nicolai trying to pierce holes in to his chest.
 “What do you mean ‘indisposed’?” I forced the words out between clenched teeth; I did not want to scream.
 “He is taking care of some things for me. Like the man on the train? Which reminds me; sorry about the trying to kill you but if you were not going to be with me I could not let you be with them.” He casual said, as if this was something normal people say to one another.  
 Appalled I stared at Nicolai. If Cooper was like the man on the train then he was dead. Nicolai has taken his soul and taken over his body. Tears silently spilled down my cheeks, burning small trails as they fell.
 “Do not cry for him, he is serving the greater good.” Nicolai slid off the bed and came towards me.
 I stood where I was; too shocked to move away as he wrapped his arms around me. My mind was not working; it felt like mush, my thoughts dragging through the goop that used to be my brain.      Cooper...Dead...My mind would not translate the words; those words did not belong together in one sentence. Cooper and I were supposed to be together forever. He was my true soul mate, my one true love. He was sent to me; he was supposed to be mine but now that was all gone, destroyed, never to be the same again. Nicolai has destroyed my life, my existence, my reason for living. There he stands holding me, touching me as if nothing is wrong, as if he has done nothing wrong.
 “You…killed Cooper?” My voice was barley louder then a whisper.
 “Well technically he is not dead; he just does not live in his body anymore.” He looked down at me as if I was a simpleton, as if I should know this.
 My mind and body were still not responding. I felt like my nerves were on fire, as if I would burst in to flames any second. Nicolai still had no clue to my fury but I could feel it building inside of my soul. My terror and despair replaced by a hatred I did not know I could feel for any one.
 I shoved Nicolai away from me, stepping back at the same time. He looked at me with confusion and hurt deep on his face. As he stared, at me that hurt and confusion being replaced by understanding, the fury on my face must be visible, plain as day.
 “You promised me he was safe!” I screamed at him, the volume of my voice surprised me. I thought I would not be able to produce any volume with my heart in my throat.
 “I never promised you anything. I said he was safe, for the time. That all changed when you decided to stay with me.” He talked in a calm and reassuring voice, as if he was talking to a two year old throwing a tantrum.
  “I never decided to stay with you.” He threw me with that one. I did not know what to say to that. When did I ever say I would stay with him aloud? I started to wonder if he had the same talent as Cooper, if he could hear my thoughts.
 “Yes you did, you may not have said it but you did decide,” He took a step towards me, I threw my hands up in front of me and clapped sending a bolt towards him. Filling the small space with a brilliant light as Nicolai flew backwards when the bolt hit him in the chest.
 Stunned I took a small step towards him. The bolt did not faze him for long; Nicolai stood up and smiled at me.
 “There is no need for him, not if you stay with me.” He finished his sentence, determined to forget about the bolt.
 “No, I will not be staying with you! I do not love you Nicolai I never loved you! I love Cooper, he is my life!” I raised my hands again but instead of issuing a bolt, I took one to the chest. This bolt was not as strong as mine was but it was still painful.
 I crashed to the floor, pain and intense heat radiated through my body. I was more surprised about the heat then with the pain. I had expected the pain but the heat was unexpected. It was not painful or even hot I just felt heat, as if I was standing close to a dieing fire. I could feel my body growing stronger as I lay on the floor. I could feel my muscles tightening, my stomach tensing. The bolt was still charging through my body, fueling my desire for revenge.  
 I stood on shaky legs, glaring at Nicolai. He smiled at me, holding his hands up in mock surrender.
 “You deserved it, you should really control that temper.”
 “That temper? You killed my one true love; you kidnapped me and are trying to kill my family. I should not be controlling it I should be killing you.”
 “Your one true love? I am your true love; you and I are designed to be together! He was nothing but a speed bump in the road to me!” He was screaming at me, stomping around the small bedroom. Now who was the two year old?
 “No Nicolai, you are the speed bump, you are nothing to me! I love Cooper and there is nothing you can do about that. Nothing you can say about some fake destiny is going to change my real destiny!” I was growing more confident seeing how angry Nicolai was growing at my words.
 Nicolai screamed in fury, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration. He pounded his hands on the wall, punching a hole with his fists.
 “Why are you so stubborn? Why can’t you believe your destiny?” He seemed to be pleading with me, trying to push this warped truth upon my shoulders.
 “Stop Nicolai, you can’t convince me to join you! I will never be apart of what you think is right! Just because you think these ordinary people need guidance does not mean you have to be the one!” As I said the words, I was overwhelmed by the truth of them and knowing the truth gave me strength.
 “You think you can do a better job? You think you could lead over the people with out me?” He smiled a mocking smile and crossed his arms over his chest.
 “No, I don’t think they need leading. The people have been doing a fine job on their own, why now? Why would they need a leader now after all this time?”
 I could see that my reasoning was useless against Nicolai, he truly believed in his mission. He really thought that the people of the world needed him to guide them. I could not see what his true intentions are but I knew that they were wrong. What could he offer the people of the world that someone else could not?
 “What are you trying to achieve? What made you think that they needed you?” I looked with obvious curiosity.
 “Because! He told me to, he sent me here, and he said this was my destiny! That you would, come and we would rule the world!” He fell to his knees, putting his head in his hands, “and now I’ve failed. I cannot do this with out you. He said that we had to be together to rule.”  
 The scene was so heart breaking I almost went to him but contained myself; remembering that he destroyed my one thing for living.
 “Who are you talking about? Who is ‘he’?” I thought Nicolai was the mastermind behind all of this, whom he could be talking about I had no idea.
   “The true Light, I am only a small fraction of the Light. He who I serve is the one, the one who will ultimately come and serve as the master.” He was speaking in rhymes; I could not really understand what he was saying.

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay....im so lost....need chapter 27!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


A good chapter with a surprising twist or is that I have missed something?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..