Fallen Chapter Twenty-Nine

Fallen Chapter Twenty-Nine

A Story by Chistie

 

              Chapter Twenty-Nine
 
   “You cannot hide for long Stars! This is my ground, my playing field!” Nicolai’s voice rose in pitch as his anger did.
 “What can we do?” Cooper’s lips pressed against my ear, making me shiver.
 “I don’t know.” I felt defeated already.
 I could still see Marcus’s body outline, still inching closer to Nicolai. I was so afraid for him; afraid he could be discovered and be killed as Colby had. I wanted to do something, to help but Cooper was still too weak to be left alone.
 Marcus raised his hands, and began to clap but Nicolai was to fast for him, he sent a bolt towards Marcus. Luckily, Marcus was able to dive out of the way. Suddenly I saw another bolt heading towards Nicolai, this time connecting with his arm. I looked over to see Cassidy standing up, his hands glowing a bit.
 “Nice one kid but not quite enough for me.” Nicolai recovered from his hit; blood was trickling down his arm.
 “Cassidy get down!” I screamed, knowing what was coming next.
 “Oh, Kennley, finally you come to the party. I cannot wait to get rid of you once and for all.” Nicolai turned in my direction, raising his hands.
 I felt my body rolling to the side and realized a second to late that Cooper was moving us out of the way. I held on tight and helped with the motion. Cooper’s breaths were coming in short gasps; I knew the short spurt had used all of his energy.
 When we had successfully moved out of the way I felt Cooper’s body go slack, he must have passed out. Taking the opportunity to help defeat Nicolai for the last time.
 I stood up and made my way over to Marcus. He had been nicked by the bolt Nicolai and sent towards him. I helped him stand to his feet.
 “That is enough Nicolai!” I stood my ground, taking my place between Marcus and Nicolai.
 “Oh, look at this. Miss Kennley, she’s a big girl now.” Nicolai laughed mockingly.
 “Yes Nicolai and it’s time to end this. You do not need to lead the common people they do not need it.” I took a step forward, closer to Nicolai. 
 “Yes they do!” Nicolai screamed at me.
 He raised his hands and clapped violently, sending a very large bolt towards Marcus and me. Marcus grabbed me around the waste, throwing us to the side. We landed in a heap on the ground, pain shooting up my elbow. Marcus grunted in pain, I landed on top of him my leg catching the inside of his thigh.
 “Oh, I’m so sorry.” I was so mortified but we did not have time to be to upset.
 “Haha, guess you weren’t ready for that one were you?” Nicolai was bent forward in hysterical laughter.
 I took my chance and sent a bolt for his head. It narrowly missed his head but it did hit his shoulder. He bellowed in pain and took a step backwards. I could see the spot on his arm smoldering.
 “Mistake.” Nicolai laughed off the pain and stood as tall as he could.
 I had expected him to clap but instead he snapped. The room around us began to change, to take on another shape, a different color. Nicolai had transported us to a new location.
 I looked around and realized that it was near the restaurant Nicolai had tried to take me too. I could smell the hot desert, see the canyons beautiful red boulders. I could feel the intense heat soaking my shirt in sweat. I looked for the other Stars but the only other one here was Marcus. I hoped the others had gotten out okay.
 “Where are the others?” I had to ask, even if I did not want to hear the answer.
 “Do not worry about them. I will take care of them later.” Nicolai did not laugh at his joke, he just stared at me and Marcus his face flushed from the heat.
 “Why have you brought us here?” Marcus was bent over breathing heavily I knew the feeling. Which surprised me because I felt fine, no dizziness. In fact, I did not feel dizzy the last time either.
 “I just wanted some privacy. The others are so intrusive.” This time Nicolai did smile but it was pure evil. Then suddenly he sent a bolt towards us.
 I grabbed Marcus and ran to the side, ducking out of the way of the bolt just in time.
 I could hear Nicolai laughing hysterically again. I kept thinking that he had lost his marbles but even if he had, that just makes him more dangerous.
 Marcus grabbed me around the waist and pulled me behind him, again.
 “Well, well, well looks like Kennley has another admirer. Sorry bud but she already has two soul mates apparently.” Nicolai was pacing back and forth, tapping his forefinger to his chin.
 I had had enough of this. Nicolai was going to kill us if I did not do something.
 “Nicolai enough!” I raised my hands, preparing to strike but Nicolai was faster than I. He had clapped his hands together before I could raise enough strength to produce even a minor bolt.
 The bolt hit me directly in the chest, sending me flying through the air. I landed with a small thud just behind Marcus. My chest burned and I could hardly breathe. The pain to the bolt radiated through my body. I was going to die. I thought of Cooper, Marcus, Cassidy, and all of the others, about the short time we had spent together. I thought about Cooper and the love I felt for him, the time we spent together falling in love.
 I tried to roll over, to lie on my back but the pain of the movement caused me to moan and curl in to the fetal position. My breaths started to come in short gasps, making me dizzy. I started to lose focus, my thoughts swirling around Cooper’s face.
 “Get up Kennley! I need you!” I was startled to hear Cooper’s voice but I should not have been surprised, to hear his voice at the end.
 I could feel warm hands wrap around me, holding me close. I was confused; I thought I would be past this, being dead and all or at least dieing.
 “Kennley please! Please wake up!” Marcus’s voice was stressed, strained.
 Marcus? I thought I was dreaming of Cooper, he is whom I really wanted to be with in the end. Marcus was the last person, well maybe not the last person but not the person I thought I would be thinking about when I died.
 I felt the ground shutter under me, my head going back and forth. How weird to be dieing, not at all, what I thought it would be like.
 All of a sudden, everything became clear, my head no longer throbbed with pain, and my body was not burning from the heat of the bolt. I could feel Marcus’s arms wrapped around me, holding me to his body. He was talking to me, whispering words of encouragement, of love. He wanted me to live.
 I moaned as I came too. I tried to open my eyes to look into Marcus’s face. Everything was blurry at first and the light of the Mexican sun burned my eyes. I started to blink, trying to blink away the blurriness.
 When I could finally see clearly, I pushed Marcus away.
 “Do you need help?” He was still holding on to me, making sure I would not fall.
 “I’m fine, close your eyes and think of the others.” I turned in a circle, searching the area for Nicolai. I found his standing behind us, his arms wrapped around his chest. His face looked as if he had just won some grand prize.
 “What? What are you talking about?” Marcus was fully confused.
 “Just do it Marcus.” I had not meant to yell at him but I was in a hurry.
 “Okay.” He looked hurt but closed his eyes, a look of deep concentration on his face.
 I held his hands in mine, bringing them up in front of me.
 “Clap with me.” I was sure this would work he should not be here. I knew I had to face Nicolai alone.  
   Together we clapped. At the last second, I pulled my hands away. I watched as his eyes flew open just as he disappeared, he tried to reach out to me but I took a step away from him, traitor tears spilling down my cheeks.
 “Well you are a tough cookie to kill. No matter I will succeed.” Nicolai raised his hands but this time I had the upper hand. I was already ready to strike.
 I clapped my hands and sent my bolt straight for his face. He flew backwards just as I had landing in a heap. He moaned in pain and stood up slower than he had before.
 “Nice one baby but you are going to have to do better than that.” He staggered forward a few steps but stopped short. His eyes nearly popped out of his head as he stared at me.
  “This is not possible! How are you doing this?” He was backing off now, still a little shaky.
 I looked down at myself and gasped. I was glowing, just like a Star. The light did not hurt my eyes but it was the brightest light I had ever seen. I looked up at Nicolai amazed to see that he was still backing away, his hands over his eyes.
 “What is the matter Nicolai, scared of a little light?” I gathered strength from his fear.
 “N-not a ch-chance.” He stuttered, showing his fear.
 “It is over Nicolai, you’ve lost. This is the end of you and your campaign.” I raised my hands.
 “You think this is the end, you have no idea. There will be more, just like me. I am just the beginning.” He fell to his knee’s spreading his arms wide as if to embrace a small child.
 I shook off the ominous feeling his declaration had just given me and clapped. I could feel the heat, the power flow down my arms and race through my entire body. My clap had created a light dome, encasing Nicolai and me in its glow. The heat was almost unbearable and the shine of the dome hurt my eyes even though they were closed.
 The sounds of Nicolai’s dieing scream filled my head, making me shutter in horror. The light only lasted a few seconds but it felt like a lifetime inside of the dome. When the power and heat died away, I chanced a peek and opened my eyes.
 The area was washed of all color; all that was left was the boulders and rock forms. The beautiful red of the canyon no longer showed in my little circle of space. I blinked rapidly, trying to clear the whiteness. When the natural color of the boulders came back, I stopped blinking. I walked over to where Nicolai once kneeled and looked around. There was no trace of the once formidable Nicolai. He was gone, erased from being a threat to me or anyone else.
 I let out a small laugh, which shortly turned in to a sob. Tears flowed fast and hot down my face, stinging the back of my eyes. I fell to the ground holding my head in my hands trying to find the strength to stand and transport back to the others.
 After what felt like forever, I stood and wiped away the tears. I sucked in a deep breath and clapped, hoping beyond hope that I had the strength to transport.
 I felt the familiar vertigo in my stomach before I landed on the floor. I looked around and found that I was at the manor. I stood on shaky legs, hearing sounds from the living room I made my way there. The scene was heart breaking.
 Cassidy was bent over the couch, holding Colby’s head in his arms sobbing. I did not know what to do, if there was anything I could do. I looked around the room for Cooper who was standing just behind Cassidy, his hand on his shoulder. He looked fine but was hunched just a little at his waste. I felt a pang of guilt, he was probably still sore from my bolt.
 I spotted Marcus at the back holding Alorha and Toshia at the same time. They seemed far beyond consoling but he seemed to be trying his best, silent tears flowing down his own cheeks. Albert and Sylvia were in the corner of the room talking in whispers, holding on to each other.
 “No please Alorha you have to try again, please.” Cassidy begged from his spot next to the couch.
 “No Cassidy do not ask me to try again, I just can’t do it.” She pulled away from Marcus and ran for the stairs Toshia on her heals.
 “NO! She cannot be dead, she just cannot be. I need her!” He sobbed in to his sister’s hair.
 “Cassidy.” I was sobbing again, my body loosing all feeling.
 “You, this is your fault! If you had not been there in need of rescuing we would not have had to save you!” Cassidy rose from his spot on the floor coming towards me.
 “Cassidy I’m so sorry! Please forgive me?” I would not be able to stand it if he hated me.
 “Cass, it is not her fault.” Dixon spoke from the shadows startling me. I had not seen him at first.
 “Yes it is!” Cassidy roared, he was in front of me now, towering over me.
 “Please Cassidy, forgive me?” I begged him to forgive me, bowing my head and sobbing harder.
  Cassidy did not say anything for a long minute. He seemed to be at a lost for words. I feared he was going to do something rash, or hate me forever. I would not be able to bear that, to have him hate me. When he finally did speak it was even and low, meant for my ears only.
 “Ah Kenn, it’s not your fault. I’m so sorry for blaming you.” Cassidy wrapped his humongous arms around me and squeezed.
 I hugged him back but sobbed harder.
 “Wait, if you are back then Nicolai must be,” Cassidy began but stopped.
 “Yes, Nicolai is dead.” I hung my head lower feeling horrible for killing another person but I did not cry as I had last time. Nicolai was not really a person; he was the Light, a threat to my family. Now one person short thanks to him.  

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

HOLY FRICK! I LOVE IT!!! MAKE IT A MOVIE HOLLY WOOD LOL

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice! But now I wonder is he truly gone?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie