The Sociopath

The Sociopath

A Story by SimpleMind
"

Let's have the same nightmare...big brother.

"

                Don’t sleep brother.

 

                No, not yet. Don’t sleep please. It’s not time for you to go to bed big brother.

 

                Let’s have a cup of tea first. No? You don’t like? If you’re really sleepy, then let me tell you a story before you go to bed and say goodnight to the moon.

 

                Here, wrap yourself with the blanket first or else you’ll get cold.

 

                Are you steady now? Okay, that’s good.

 

                Now listen, I’m going to tell you a story, a true story about my childhood, our childhood.

 

               One summer day, our parents went to visit our relatives, and our other siblings were off to our neighbor’s backyard. But you were always kind, whenever our parents would say “Don’t leave the house and look after your sister,” you would simply whine but in the end you’d always do what our parents said.

 

                And so, on that bright summer day, we’re left alone in the house. Remember? You always send me to sleep every noon so that I will grow taller and taller every day. But on that day you didn’t send me to sleep. Instead, you took the red pillow mom always gave to me every night and you placed it in front of my face. “Don’t peek!” that’s what you said.

 

                But I did, and I saw you doing something my mind wouldn’t know that time. But now I know what you did. And that’s what I’m going to tell you tonight.

 

                Oh, no! Don’t cover your ears! Just listen, it won’t hurt you. Here, here’s the water. Drink this and calm yourself. Now, I’ll continue.

 

                And so, you’re there. Masturbating as if it’s the only happiness you’ve known in your entire life. And when you felt you’re hard enough, you turned to me wearing your smiling face.

 

                I hid behind the pillow, I was scared. But you said it’ll be alright. You said I should be steady so that you’d finish before mom comes back. And so, with my body shivering for a reason that I didn’t know that time, I lay still.

 

                And that was the day, the day I lost both my innocence and my dignity. The very day I got the license of being a sinner. The day that will always remind me I’m a piece of s**t. The day I got dirt that will remain stained in my entire being for the rest of my life. It’s the very day that I lost the right to hold my head high and face the world. That was the day, brother.

 

                Hey, don’t lower your head. Look at me, I’m not done storytelling yet.

               

                I’m still about to tell you how you told me never to tell our parents. You even told me that they’re going to kill me if they will find out about what you did, right? And so, I didn’t tell them.

 

                Hey, why are closing your eyes? Are you very sleepy? Okay, that’ll be enough for tonight.

 

                Now, close your eyes and go to sleep. Dream of me, dream of that summer day we shared. Hear my cries in your dream, see my horrified face. Do dream of my nightmares that haunted me in my every sleep.

 

                I know, you never said ‘Sorry’. We both know you’ll never say it. But brother, don’t worry if you ever fail to wake-up tomorrow. I’ve already forgiven you.

 

                I know, you never felt sorry for what you did, but I forgive you.

 

                Now, now, stop staring at me like that. Go to sleep now, and remember my face. Remember that child’s face. Dream of that child. Dream of me.

 

                Now, sleep tight, my dear brother. There’ll be another story for tomorrow.

 

                Goodnight…and don’t let the big bug bites.

 

 



© 2013 SimpleMind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really...I am speechless for the braveness of your work, great work, I can see you as a successful writer someday, maybe 2 years from now you will. Just follow your heart and everything would be creative and genius.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Yeah I believe, your style is different. tap that potentials and convert it to cash :) heheeh you co.. read more
SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

Oh no~ that's too much think.

I can't imagine myself writing a whole novel...only great.. read more
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

We can never tell next... :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013

Author

SimpleMind
SimpleMind

Philippines



About
I trip over nothing :) more..

Writing
Woman Woman

A Poem by SimpleMind


Not Me Not Me

A Poem by SimpleMind



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Toxic~ ~Toxic~

A Poem by Frieda P