The Prince's Promise

The Prince's Promise

A Story by Cipher
"

Two gay princes run away together so one doesn't have to marry a widowed queen over double his age

"

Alastor looked over at the door where his parents had locked him in his room. He had “disrespected” them by saying he didn't want to marry a woman over double his age, and this was his punishment. Despite it being improper, he cursed. Now how was he supposed to see his beloved Arkin? 

As if on cue, a hooded figure threw a pebble at the familiar window. Alastor heard the tap on the window and turned around to check it. He opened the window and his face lit up. “Teddy!”

Arkin looked up at him, a light twinkle in his eyes, he raised a finger to his lips. "Star, are you alright?” he asked. 

Alastor nodded and spoke quieter, just loud enough for Arkin to hear. “I’m ok, just locked in. My parents found out how I felt about the marriage and don’t want to “risk anything””
Arkin looked left to right, closing his eyes slightly "Do...you want to get out?" Alastor’s answer was instant. “More than anything, I can’t marry her. I can’t lose you” his voice was soft, but nearly cracked.

“You won't" he promised quickly, he then held his arms out. "You brave enough to get down through the window?" he asked, trying to make it seem a bit light hearted, but it was difficult given the situation. Alastor thought about it for a moment. The window was on the second story, and he was far from athletic. While he trusted Arkin fully, he was hesitant. “When we come back my parents will kill me......” he didn't fully understand what Arkin was suggesting, he thought he meant out for a little while.

“We can talk about that later." Arkin promised, his voice serious "I'll catch you." The promise was more then just reassuring him he'd catch him tonight. Alastor trusted him, so he nodded. “Alright.” 

He climbed out of the window, carefully making his way down through bricks poking out. Until one brick wasn't as far out as he thought it was. He slipped.Arkin’s heart jumped into his chest but he made sure that he caught Alastor. "Okay?" he whispered lightly. He tried his best to repress his shaking.

Alastor clung tight to Arkin, breathing heavily. That scared him “I-I’m ok” he promised. Arkin nodded."Would you like me to carry you?" he asked, he smiled lightly. Though he thought they should get out of there quickly, before they were found by any guards. Alastor grinned, wrapping his arms around his beloved “Are you really asking, like it’s a question?” Arkin chuckled and returned the grin.  "Very well then" he bowed slightly. Alastor pecked his cheek. “I love you Teddy”

"I love you too, Star." he said quietly near Alastor's ear as they slowly started to walk away from the castle.



© 2022 Cipher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

don't worry, this is only chapter one

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2022
Last Updated on January 23, 2022
Tags: lgbtq, fantasy, romance, royalty

Author

Cipher
Cipher

Lockport, IL



About
Cipher They/Them I'm here for one story and one story only, more..