Who Knew?

Who Knew?

A Story by ClaireBear
"

Just a little story I whipped up!

"
I'm doing this. God damn it, I'm doing this. When I felt a cold hand rest on my shoulder I knew there was no going back. But it is for the sake of my whole personal life. If I didn't do this...the things he would say, he would do, he could do! It was scary just to think about. Slowly I turned around.
           "Thomas. Let's get this over with.", I announced stiffly.
           He chuckled. "You may be surprised. I'm actually quite a nice guy, you might even enjoy yourself.", he retorted with a raise of his eyebrows. "Most people don't like me because of my reputation, but if you could just look past that -"
            "That I have to live with you?! That you can find out anything about me, or tell everyone that I'm stuck in the same room as you?! Oh yeah, it's so easy to get past that. Thomas I don't want to be here, but I am because I'm afraid of you! So let's just get this over with! I don't even want to see this movie!" It felt good to let that all out, but the hurt look on his face didn't let my relief last for long.
            "If you feel that way then you don't know me. At all. You've never even tried to look me in the eyes. I am not like that. Now can you just give me a chance?"
           I sighed and closed my eyes. "Fine. But let's not see a movie. We can walk in the park or something."
           He didn't say anything. He just smiled and took my hand. It was so cold. "I really like you.", he whispered. "I want to find out more about you. But first I need to do this."
           And he kissed me! At first I went into shock and just kinda sat there, but then it occurred to me how good it felt. So I kissed back. It felt even better. All I knew right then was that Thomas was different. He was bold, he was smart, and he was really sweet. And he was himself. A chance? He had gotten more than a chance. He had gotten me. Who knew, a few days ago if someone told me I'd be kissing Thomas Jackson I would have laughed at them. But now...well who knew what would happen?

© 2011 ClaireBear


Author's Note

ClaireBear
:D I had fun writing this, and I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, then message me giving me suggestions. There is always room for improvement!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's fun browsing and finding young (and older) writers who really are talented. Once in a while I get to say, "Wow... natural ability."
You write the way people really talk. You phrase scenes in a way that allows the reader to forget they are reading. That's a gift.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sweet and nice. I love it. And i love how the end is, made me laugh ^^. And Thomas seems to be like the average boy who seems to be nervous the first day the two meet and then boom, he's kissin her like he's been practicing to haha.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's fun browsing and finding young (and older) writers who really are talented. Once in a while I get to say, "Wow... natural ability."
You write the way people really talk. You phrase scenes in a way that allows the reader to forget they are reading. That's a gift.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a lovely story about young love. You made me remember the thrill of that first kiss!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You should make it longer! Write more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love it! Keep up the good work Claire-Bear ;)
-i think you know who this is

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job , Claire! On the line where Thomas says, "I really like you," it should be a comma before the end quotes, instead of both. Otherwise, I'm craving for the rest!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011
Tags: Who Knew clairebear6
Previous Versions

Author

ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Portland, OR



About
Hey my name's Claire and I'm 13. I love music, I love writing, I love reading, and I love eating. Music inspires me to keep moving on. I like bands and singers like Avril Lavigne, Justin Bieber, Angel.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Join Me Join Me

A Poem by ClaireBear