The Empty Locket

The Empty Locket

A Poem by ClaireBear
"

I need hope

"
I received it in a time of
Need.
"I'll glue in the pictures."
She says.
Me and my family
Together.
Such a rare moment.
"They're small, but so is the locket."
She says.
It remains empty.
I open it
The locket is empty.
"In a little bit."
She says.
But that 'little bit'
Never comes.
"Hang on! God you've asked me 10 times!"
She says.
I want her to know.
All I seek is hope.
Freedom.
The motherly love I never
Got.
"If you keep asking it won't happen."
She says.
Forced
To grow up faster
Than I should.
I know too much.
Have felt too much.
With no help.
The locket remains empty.
I fear it always will.

© 2011 ClaireBear


Author's Note

ClaireBear
I need a vacation from them. From everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's always hard to know how to comment when you know someone has laid their heart open. When you know there is pain. Claire, you've taken this way beyond just being good writing. You've put yourself out there. That is such a tangible thing. A reader takes a heart in hand and feels a little embarrassed for intruding.

Like everyone else, I hope what inspired this comes to a better ending. Thank you for sharing. And, by the way; for me the beginning was fine. The whole thing was so cohesive. For a relatively short poem to tell such an emotional story, so clearly. It was amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i got chills. the rawness of this and the emptiness of this are just so powerful. the metaphor is just so strong. i hope your fears have been diminished by now.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is absolutely... there's such heart in this. Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You're layout is excellent, and the words melt together. I love how you've poured yourself into this. We've all felt pain, and you've shared your part on how you've felt in this writing. It's wonderful to know.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a small promise is not trivial because of its simplicity. When it comes to loved ones, nothing-is-trivial! It seems that the tiniest promises of hope can become unbearable weights of disappointment when they are broken... You've expressed this in a most exquisite fashion. Excellent piece, like an icepick through the heart...

Posted 12 Years Ago


you wrote this piece coming right from the heart..its amazing :]
everyone seeks hope in their lives' and thats what makes us human. Just never lose it once you've found it and remember that there are friends who are closer than family.

You know what they say, (dont know who particularly :p) the worst comes before the better.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem was so amazing, it deserves two reviews ;) Claire, you truely captured this. Throughout everything, we have talked about this, but this is a new side. I once thought I understood, and I think I still do, but this is a new level. You vent to me already, so keep it up. I love you to death and consider you family

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's always hard to know how to comment when you know someone has laid their heart open. When you know there is pain. Claire, you've taken this way beyond just being good writing. You've put yourself out there. That is such a tangible thing. A reader takes a heart in hand and feels a little embarrassed for intruding.

Like everyone else, I hope what inspired this comes to a better ending. Thank you for sharing. And, by the way; for me the beginning was fine. The whole thing was so cohesive. For a relatively short poem to tell such an emotional story, so clearly. It was amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I never knew you could write so emotionally, you really expressed your feelings, take a break from it all! Then come back strong
Best of luck,
~Niki x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, and claire, just know if you need to talk to anyone about what your feeling I'm always here. You can talk to me whenever you need too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow claire, that was really deep and personal and amazing! I've known you forever, and I never really thought of you as an emotional person, but that poem showed so much hurt and pain your going through you seemed like a whole different person. I loved this poem so much, in the beginning I wasn't sure where the poem was going, but even if it was put together a little roughly it didn't change the emotional pull, or beauty of the poem. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

841 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011
Tags: the empty locket, clairebear6, poem

Author

ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Portland, OR



About
Hey my name's Claire and I'm 13. I love music, I love writing, I love reading, and I love eating. Music inspires me to keep moving on. I like bands and singers like Avril Lavigne, Justin Bieber, Angel.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Join Me Join Me

A Poem by ClaireBear


Who Knew? Who Knew?

A Story by ClaireBear


Angel Face Angel Face

A Poem by Ememn