EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

A Chapter by clairvoyantmars

Kate and Jason flipped through their album and came to the last page. Fourteen years had passed, and their marriage was still intact. There were the last two pictures, both of them in it, both pictures of them kissing. Memories of what had happened fourteen and twenty-eight years ago.

They both heard the running of the pitter patter of feet and then a small pudgy figure appeared at the door. There he was; their life, their muse. Kate and Jason looked at their little two-year-old boy. He tripped and fell backwards, his butt and diaper cushioning his fall.

Jason chuckled.

“Jasper,” Kate whispered, smiling. “Come here.”

They watched as he slowly stood up and walked towards them. They heard the front door open and slam and another pair of running feet.

“Mom! Dad!” a voice called. “I’m home!”

“In here!” Jason called.

They heard running feet again and an eleven-year-old brunette appeared at the door. His hair was long and thick and he walked towards them, carrying a paper in his hand and running his other one through his hair.

“I got an A in math.” He said proudly.

“I’m so proud of you, Jackson.” Jason said.

Kate smiled, and her eyes drifted across the room and landed on her first husband’s picture. Thank you for everything, Jack. He was staring back at her with a smile on his face. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see Jason smiling at her. He glanced at the picture and smiled then looked at Kate again. There they were, a complete family. And they both felt another presence; an angel maybe, embracing them.

 



© 2011 clairvoyantmars


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011


Author

clairvoyantmars
clairvoyantmars

Philippines



About
I've been seriously starting to write my own novels since 2008. So far, I've finished three novels and have a lot of unfinished ones piled up. I also write short stories and poems and the occasional s.. more..

Writing
The Past The Past

A Chapter by clairvoyantmars