Beloved Andromache

Beloved Andromache

A Story by clairvoyantmars
"

This was actually my homework in my English class. I loved it so much I had to put it in here. I hope you like it. It's about Hector and Andromache in the story the Iliad written by Homer.

"

I feel your eyes on my retreating back as I head toward my battle. My armor is heavy and the glare of the sun hurts my eyes. I do not look back to take in what you feel is my last sight of you. I do not glance back to the child you hold in your arms. Your image in engraved in my mind, and my heart clutches as I remember your tresses that ripple over your shoulders, the thick lashes that frame your eyes, your tear-stained cheeks as you beg me to stay. I disappear from your sight and only then do I turn back to breathe in the scent of our farewell.


Goodbye, beloved Andromache. Soon you will be back in my arms and I will be there to wipe your tears away. For now I must face the fiend who comes between us.


I lift the sword in my hand. This battle I dedicate to my king and country. But my fiend's last breath I give to my dear Andromache.

© 2011 clairvoyantmars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful imagery. Well done. Can feel his emotion he is trying to suppress to prepare himself for the task ahead.

Posted 12 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

clairvoyantmars
clairvoyantmars

Philippines



About
I've been seriously starting to write my own novels since 2008. So far, I've finished three novels and have a lot of unfinished ones piled up. I also write short stories and poems and the occasional s.. more..

Writing
The Past The Past

A Chapter by clairvoyantmars



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cavalry Cavalry

A Poem by TJ