No Idea

No Idea

A Story by Clara
"

A girl wonders how someone so intelligent could be so blind to her feelings...

"

There you are, practicing the songs for our next production. You hit every note perfectly and successfully master the dance steps. You may not be a dance soloist, but the way your body moves while we dance is enough to draw me closer to you. You may be a self-proclaimed celibate but that badass smirk of yours can seduce anybody. Your voice sends chills down my spine; not chills of fear, but chills of desire. You know I’ve never believed in fan-service during performances, but if it’s with you, I suddenly don’t mind. When you kiss me on the cheek or touch me, it feels as though my skin is on fire.

 

“Jessica” you call out, “are you alright?” You put your hand on my forehead to see if I’m sick.

 

While that action may have been nothing to you, my heart suddenly started pounding at incredible speed. You bend over a little bit so that we’re eye to eye and stare intently into my eyes. I feel self-conscious as I see myself reflected in those dark brown orbs. I know that I could drown myself in those pools of dark chocolate if I let myself.

 

“You’ve been staring blankly into space,” he said as though explaining why he was doing this, “again.” he added.

 

“It " it’s nothing Brian…” I say dismissively as I wave my hand to dismiss you.

 

“If you insist, Sica,” you say as you walk over to your laptop to play StarCraft, “just let us know if you need any help, okay?”

 

I nod as I lean over the mirror. Damn it… You don’t know, do you?

 

You’re too damn oblivious for your own good. You claim to be a smart person, yet you have no idea how I feel. You make me want you so badly that it terrifies me. I’ve never wanted anything this badly. You are the embodiment of all that I want. You say that you know me so well, but you don’t know what I really want.

 

You may look at me… But do you really see me? 

© 2010 Clara


Author's Note

Clara
This is part of a challenge I took. Write what I could for as long as a certain song was playing. The song for this one was "3 Libras" by A Perfect Circle. This is the one I was happiest with...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh s**t... I thought I removed the pink bunny... Fail me...

Thanks Lex! Saranghae!

Posted 13 Years Ago


To me, this is complete in its brevity. I love how the character in point-of-view narrated--finely structured inner thoughts into sentences. One comment though, I find it better if you disregard the pink bunny reference. It takes away the reader's mind.

My favorite lines:
I feel self-conscious as I see myself reflected in those dark brown orbs. I know that I could drown myself in those pools of dark chocolate if I let myself.

I like this write. It could be an introduction to a novel, you know.
Good job Clara. Keep writing!

Lex :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010

Author

Clara
Clara

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Clara. Anyway, this site is run by a crazy nineteen year old girl. She is a junior majoring in Communication Arts, Journalism track. She enjoys dancing, acting all diva, writing, r.. more..

Writing
Can We Stay Can We Stay

A Story by Clara