Love

Love

A Story by Clare Ashbury
"

A rant about love.

"

Please No CSS

When one can be so profound on the idea of a beyond love, they think of their fantasies and desires, why do we have those that we want and those that we can’t stand, to the objects of our worlds we are tortured by the sight of others that are thought to be in love. Yet think of all we are afraid of, of the red and blue lights of the police as they pull us over. Yet we dance to the songs that are of sadness, and happiness, finding quotes to live by, well shall we dance to the song “life is a highway” for love is a one night stand. There for a moment full of bursting pleasure and then left and gone the next moment, love is misunderstood as happiness, when all it brings is tears and a sense of betrayal, poor young innocent souls of unbroken hearts, shall they break in peace. Let unwilling hearts run to the wintery winds, and let the naïve die like the Fall leaves. In the end we shall all wait for when our days are left lonely. So many other decisions lay ahead of us before there is love, yet we all wonder when love will come to the mist of our tear stricken lonely eyes. One glance makes our stomach fill with butterflies, and then once we see the spouse, that is what hurts the most when you put your hopes up for a moment, when your heart opens again, and then you say you are fine, but really you aren’t okay. All you think then is “what could have been”…no more does it seem it will happen. Oh and when you finally go into the allusion of actually falling in love, that first real “in love” kiss makes time stops, makes you feel as if you and the other is the only people in the world, or so its said. Yet in the end when it does truly end, when it shatters like everyone says it will, like you know it might, but hope it doesn’t, that is when you want to tear everything away from your self, that is when you don’t want to live any longer, that is when you give up and everyone around you is in love, and you have to see every kiss and every held hand, that is when you become bitter, so utterly bitter, that you can’t stand the emotional strain to get out of bed, or say a nice thing, that is when life stops, and time goes on, without you. The echoes of our misguiding do truly plummet into the depths of our mischievous ideas of love. Echo of our love lost, we overly pronounce we are done with love, and we cringe at the name of your lost love, you stop listening to things that bring back memories, and we hallow ourselves from others around us, and we are truly lost in a broken moment. And we truly knew in our hearts it was bound to happen. Love is a mystery or maybe even a myth, heaved with the pride of how much power it has under our naive mines…..love is a wide awake dream, difficult for everyone, yet in the end, there is no hope, we are all lost. We are always in the wide awake sleep walking dream.

© 2008 Clare Ashbury


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on August 26, 2008

Author

Clare Ashbury
Clare Ashbury

Binghamton, NY



About
A great woman once wrote- �This soul, or life within us, by no means agrees with the life outside us. If one has the courage to ask her what she thinks, she is always saying the very oppos.. more..

Writing