The Symptoms of Diabetes

The Symptoms of Diabetes

A Story by Clarwin Schwinn
"

Millions of people die worldwide every year due to complications set by diabetes.

"
                 There are even new cases which find out that strong virus which forms like a spiral swimming pool ladder  when you look into the microscope penetrates unhealing wounds caused by diabetes. This is one disease that does not catch too much attention like those with chronic diseases. Thus, proper education on how to determine, avoid and cure this alarming illness should seriously be taken into consideration.

               Diabetes is basically a metabolic disease. It is the malfunction of the body’s organs that produces too much or less blood sugar. The instability of blood sugar creates different illnesses and softens our immune system. If our immune system weakens, we become more prone to viruses (like the recent finding on the spiral swimming pool ladder-like virus), bacteria and other harmful organisms.   

               There are three main types of diabetes and the symptoms vary according to each classification. Read each one carefully and test yourself if you constantly experience them.

Type 1 Diabetes

               This type of diabetes is often determined during childhood or adolescence. This is the type of diabetes wherein the person infected becomes dependent to insulin. When there is an extreme decrease in the insulin production of the body, the person needs to be injected with insulin. Once injected, he will be dependent to insulin in his entire life.

               Most commonly, people with type1 diabetes are healthy. They just need to maintain their insulin levels every time that there is a sudden increase or decrease in it.  

Type 2 Diabetes

               It is actually possible to have diabetes for many years without noticing it. This is because type 2 diabetes attacks not visible unless you have your internal organs scanned.

               This type of diabetes weakens the body through Insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is when insulin becomes less effective at lowering blood sugars. When this happens, the stored blood sugar that the body needs to gain energy is not regulated properly. It creates drastic imbalance resulting to adverse health effects.

Gestational Diabetes

               This type occurs during pregnancy in women. It is not easy to recognize a mother with gestational diabetes unless she undergoes a pregnancy screening. It is dangerous for the mother to have a sudden resistance to insulin which might cause defects to the baby like jaundice, low blood sugar and other defects. The mother can also be easily penetrated by viruses (especially the stronger ones like the spiral swimming pool ladder-like virus).

Symptoms

               The symptoms of diabetes may vary according to its classification. With type 1 diabetes, symptoms may be recognized clearly and develop the illness in weeks or months. On the other hand, in type 2 diabetes, symptoms may be absent or subtle. The most common symptoms are:

1.       Urinary Tract Infection
2.       Ketacidosis (transpired by nausea and vomiting, only for type 1)
3.       Increased  Thirst
4.       Frequent Urination
5.       Increased Hunger
6.       Fatigue
7.       Unexplained Weight Loss
8.       Wounds that are not healing
9.       Infections
10.   Agitation and Irritability
11.   Eye problems

Cure

               Once infected by diabetes, you can no longer get yourself back to its original form. Especially when you had already taken insulin, it is a lifetime medication.

Change in Lifestyle is the best way to manage diabetes. Do not overstressed your body and always make sure that you have enough rest.

Avoid Sweets as well. It is not imperative that you do not eat sweet foods or drinks sweet beverages. Just take it really slowly and just one bite foe the whole day. You can choose sugar free products which are abundant nowadays to make sure you do not get into trouble.

Regular and Long Term Medication is essential to maintain your body. It is a lifetime requisite when you acquire this illness.

Do not lose hope when diagnosed with this disease. Did you know that the Olympic Gold Medalist Gary Hall Jr. has a diabetes type 1? He conquered Athens in 2004 and topped the swimming pool steps of the world with his astonishing performance. So even with this type of disease, stay alive by just managing yourself properly.  

© 2010 Clarwin Schwinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 30, 2010
Last Updated on September 30, 2010

Author

Clarwin Schwinn
Clarwin Schwinn

Los Angeles, CA



About
Clarwin Schwinn owns a lights and chandeliers' boutique in three different towns in California. Lately, he made an assessment on the best seller among his products and he was able to conclude that the.. more..

Writing