Out Of The Shadows Slithers A Serpent

Out Of The Shadows Slithers A Serpent

A Chapter by Mr. Ink
"

Josef seems to be doing well but what has he been up to and who was this shadowy figure that lured him into this life and bought his freedom? I was dying to know. God, watch o'er me please.

"

    I was merely on my way to Josef's quarters when guards from all angles of the courthouse moved in and zeroed in on his office door like guarding the king of the world was he who had entered. He was no more of greater importance than me or anybody else..., or was he? I've seen his case files. High and low, I searched through each page of personal affairs and so-called hidden secrets and could never seem to find this shadow man who saved Josef's life from the grip of abortion. This was what the whole ordeal was all about. We found out about this through anonymous medical staff employees who had been in contact with this very hidden individual. They said he seemed to always turn his attention to the young boy, Josef, like he were in the presence of Almighty God himself.

    Rest assured, as there is life and there is death, I was going to hear from Josef, the Judge who was now no longer hidden; a man whose past was a mystery as well as his present. I didn't know nothing more about this man than what I had read in the files and casework. Sometimes life can seem to show you a passage, a window to open or shut to a truth that was hidden and overlooked. Which one were you? A window that needed to be open or shut? There was no reason to think any further on this matter. This window had to be opened. Curiosity was marching forth with a bag full of questions behind it. Optimism had not reached it's verdict yet in my mind and Skepticism was ready to put on a show for Judge Josef. Fear was finally starting to creep up behind me for what I may find or find out was reeling in my head like a nightmare of a terrible horror flick I just watched.

    Realizing I had nothing to lose..., but my life of course, I stomped towards the door to his office like I had a whole swat team behind me as the officers' put out their arms and hands to shove me back, and with force, but being who I was and what I'm about, I made sure at least two went to bed early. I was former marine, former seal, former CIA, and now I was a Detective of the.... Washington D.C. FBI Terror Unit. My name is James "D.C." Whitfield. D.C stood for Dire Consequences and that about wraps it up should you ever put your hands on me or my family and friends. One more thing.....If ever I find myself intrigued by something or onto something, I suggest you back out of my way or get backed over. I am a nice guy.....but with a Bad A*s Attitude. My world is only dangerous when I say it is and of right now, I don't feel danger. Do you?

    It took ten of their finest to suppress me but not before I made handiwork of ten myself. I'm built and trained for combat, but I am not God either. I am only human and eventually they intervened and drew victory. "Where is Judge Josef?!!" I squandered away in hyperbole while chasing away that notion with a bigger question, one that seemed to float off the tip of my tongue as if fate felt it the right choice at the right time to be asked. "What are you hiding?!!!!" I screamed into the air as if I was being held in a soundproof room with only myself inside. "We know about the Shadow Man at the hospital." Who is he and why did he save you from being killed?" "Answer me this question and if I feel you're speaking the truth, I will leave you be......,Judge!!

    Silence is sometimes better off played than opening your mouth in a fit of rage and acting quite heroic, especially when the one you speak so defiant to opens the door, walks right up to your face, looks down upon you, as he must've been at least 6 foot seven inches tall and around two eighty-five, two ninety pounds, give or take. Small is not even a very careful word to describe the way I felt to him. His eyes were like a fire orange and his hair was raven black. The Judge's robe could not hide his great physical appearance. I was expecting the robes to rip apart any minute like the Incredible Hulk.

    Three words echoed from his straight forward tongue, "Do not continue!!!!!" Shivers of ice went up and down my spine like I have never witnessed before in my life, and I have seen, heard and talked to some pretty imposing figures, violent men and women who would rather detach your head from your body, arms, legs, everything just to say, "Look at you now!!!" "You're a nobody!!!" "Little pieces are all you are now!!!!!!!!," but when he spoke to me those three words of fear, terror gripped at my soul like demons stark-raving mad, trying to pull at my heart with all their might, to drag me away into a darkened night.

    My voice went silent. No words would form out of my mouth and from my tongue after he said what he said. Without uttering anything else, he turned, opened the door, walked back inside as if life granted him immunity from all things dreadful, and shut the door as if we saw each other everyday. I wanted to say, "Come back out. I didn't come for a visit. I came for an interrogation with you at the helm!!!!," but I just had this eerie, very spooky feeling that should I say one more word, the next time I am seen would  be a corpse with secrets to keep forever.

    They were still holding onto me as if I had just been caught for treason in their country and they were waiting for the Judge to deliver my verdict. Waiting for what seemed like an eternity, before I remembered anything else, I felt a powerful blow to my midsection and temple. I do not remember anything else. Time has gone black on me and my thoughts are blurry and unexplainable. Where are the training lessons I was taught in the military, the deep breaths and calm, clear thinking I was forced to embrace? Where are my memories of home, my family and friends? Can't seem to muster any ounce of thought other than my head and stomach hurt way awful. This can't be good I keep telling myself. Someone must help me quick. I am in no mood for combat readiness. My dreams seem to have paused on me and my life seems to be on standby. All I can participate in at this moment is one thing, the name of, "Josef!!, Josef!!, Josef!!!!, Who are you? What have you done?!!!!!! Finally, my thoughts and memories seem to calm back the stillness of my brain and I begin to see a little more clearly, again. Opening my eyes, I see nothing but darkness and feel nothing but pain. Waiting for my eyes to readjust, there's only two things throbbing in my brain, Where the hell am I, and meeting Judge Josef again, but this time on my playing field; the dark of night with a bowie knife stuck at your throat and a bad a*s on your back. It's time we shook hands.



© 2015 Mr. Ink


Author's Note

Mr. Ink
I always welcome constructive criticism as always. Thank you so kindly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Added on April 14, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015
Tags: pain, deception, fear, hate, hurt, animosity, loss, lost, dying, dead, die, tyranny, monster


Author

Mr. Ink
Mr. Ink

Farmville, NC



About
Hi, My name is Christopher T. Nash. I am 36 yrs. of age. I love to write. It's weird. I've just begun to actually enjoy writing. My hobbies are playing guitar, piano and a movie buff but I'm begin.. more..

Writing