I decided to write tonight

I decided to write tonight

A Poem by Nicole

It's been a while since I've felt the desire to write. Maybe if I had a leather-bound journal and a fancy pen I'd be more inspired but sadly, I am experiencing quite the writers block. There are a few things I would like to say, but unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to do so. Although this is going to be difficult under the circumstances, I feel it is best to try anyway..

My head has been foggy lately. Life has been a mixture of ups and downs and it's led me to a place I've never been before. Somewhat of a foreign land, with a large oak tree and deep stretches of tall, dull grass. It's a beautiful place, in an untraditional sort of way. A place that is more so enchanting in it's essence than it's actual appearance. At the end of this field there is a small cabin that sits alone. It is a dark brown color with a wraparound porch, and a wooden rocking chair that gently sways in the wind. I like to believe that is where I reside in my mind. It's a calm place, but sometimes the calm can deceive you. Sometimes the calm has a way of twisting around your limbs and whispering dark things into your ear. Within the calm there is always panic. Aside from the occasional panic I am okay. I enjoy life and try to keep a positive attitude the majority of the time. The girl that lives in the little cabin on the abandoned field inside my mind is very different from the girl you see walking down the street. This all may sound very strange but it makes perfect sense to me. I'm unsure of what else to write so I will finish with this; life is a beautiful tragedy. The weather outside is very different from the weather in our hearts.

© 2013 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I gather the feeling, I like the calm setting before a hill over seeing the mountains puts thoughts in my mind, than set by a fire outside over looking the stars, other times when I am not well a simple song works but not today lol I am in a cloud nothing there I hate the feelings, But it happens. Btw do you accept visitors at the cabin lol :) It will happen don't worry Nicole:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013

Author

Nicole
Nicole

Monroe, NY



About
21 year old writer trying to be heard, for now I'll start here. more..

Writing
.. ..

A Poem by Nicole


Thank you Thank you

A Poem by Nicole