..

..

A Poem by Nicole

I have never been the girl that songs are written about, the girl whose eyes shine brighter than the stars. No one's ever written a poem about by beauty, or a story about the way I've changed their life. I've never met a single person that has reciprocated the feelings I've had for them. No one has written me love letters, or sent me long messages regarding their feelings for me. I've never experienced romance in any form. I have never been out on a date, or been brought a bouquet of flowers. Valentines day has always been celebrated alone, Christmas without a single gift, and my birthday has been filled with several heart breaks. I have been cheated, lied to, and taken advantage of. I have endless stories and tales about the ways I've been hurt and broken down. All of these things tend to make you stop believing in love, but not me. For some strange reason there is still a light inside of my soul that thinks somewhere out there it still exists for me. Yet, it is so hard for me to accept happiness into my life with all the horrors and fears that lurk in the depths of my mind. I am overcome with jealousy and rage towards the simplest of things. Part of me believes that all men are the same and not to be trusted. Another part believes there are still a few good ones. I am ultimately conflicted and it has left me with so many unanswered questions. I want to fall in love again, fearlessly. I want to give myself completely with no hesitation. But frankly, I want the very same in return. And most of all, I want everything I've missed out on. And I would very much like all of those things to be with you.

© 2013 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on December 1, 2013
Last Updated on December 1, 2013

Author

Nicole
Nicole

Monroe, NY



About
21 year old writer trying to be heard, for now I'll start here. more..

Writing
Thank you Thank you

A Poem by Nicole