29 November 2016

29 November 2016

A Poem by AlanaLJay

Anxiety, my dear old friend, you have come to visit me today.

You have shown me that you want to be acknowledged and that you won’t go away.


It is okay.


I won’t force you to leave but please know that it’s not easy when you are around.

You make me feel bad.

You make it difficult for me to function but I promise I will keep on trying.

I will give you a part of my life if you promise to give me my space.


Give me room to breathe.

I really need to breathe,


I have put the broken pieces together but will leave the cracks as scars dedicated to you.


You have also helped me grow as an individual.

You have brought me beautiful angels that surround me with thoughts of love and light.


Anxiety, don’t you see the positivity you have brought to my life?


I would like to thank you for the bonds made stronger because you were around.

Thank you for the opportunity to make living with you tomorrow far better than it was today.


Tomorrow living will be different.

© 2016 AlanaLJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello Alana that sure fits the bill of finding beauty:) Anxiety is a mystery affliction a subtle tap of your view and an uninvited shriek on some days. but inside it is usually a message and it seems you have heard yours!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AlanaLJay

4 Years Ago

Thank you for this
Sometimes the toughest situations can turn into something good, but seeing that good is a challenge that you have faced and conquered.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really liked the theme of this poem, and the way you described your pain. its just beautiful!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016
Tags: anxiety, letter, mood, friedship, love

Author

AlanaLJay
AlanaLJay

cape town, South Africa



About
Writing allows me to express the feelings that I cant speak about. I write about thoughts that should be hidden. Each piece of writing is real. Once I start the music lifts me to a place where it i.. more..

Writing
Tides Tides

A Poem by AlanaLJay