Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bandgeek

               From the time I was little, I could always remember wanting to be the next big star. Wanting my face to be on TV, magazines, and billboards. I wanted the world to know my name. I would be huge. Whether I was a musician, actor, or even an author. Hell, at this point I would literally do anything. When I said I would do anything, I didn’t mean anything but anything is what I did.

               I was probably twenty at the time. Struggling college kid in a drama program, thinking I was the next star. Just like every other loser in my class. Except I wasn’t a loser. I was going to make it one day. I told that to myself every day and every day I put in 110% at class. My mother on the other hand did not agree with my choice in career. So every conversation I had with her ended in an argument because she did not support me and refused to help me with anything. If I wanted to waste my life doing this instead of going into a career with a promising future, she would not help me at all. She believed I shouldn’t be wasting my time on dreams that won’t come true but my boyfriend, Tom, believed in me and what more did I need. Oh Tom. Let me tell you about Tom. Tom is probably, no not probably, is the best looking man I have ever met. The funniest, smartest, coolest person out there and he wanted me. He could have had anyone of those girls here at The University of California but he chose me. The first day I met him he walked up to me and said my hair was the deepest shade of brown he has ever seen and then he walked away.

               That son of a gun was playing hard to get. He thought it would be funny to come up and compliment me and then walk away. Well I thought, two can play at this game. So the next time I saw him, I informed him that his eyes were the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen. They shine brighter than the sky and I s**t you not, I’m pretty sure his mouth hit the floor from shock. I turned and walked away just like he did. The next day he asked me on a date and yada yada, 1 year later here we are still together. My mom hates him because he is helping me out with my career. We moved in with each just after a month or so and we have been happy ever since. I mean year we have our fights but every couple does. Sometimes he is a little controlling but nothing I can’t handle.  

               Back to my situation where I said I would do anything but I didn’t mean it but I ended up doing anything situation. I was never one to jump into a roll where I had to take my clothes off, or do a sex scene. I was super self-conscious about my body. Even though I worked out every day, primarily ate right and I was healthy looking. I liked my clothes on. Even with Tom, I only undressed in the dark or the bathroom. I have this irrational fear that he will leave me if he sees me in the light, naked. He will no longer view me as perfect but more like imperfect. I’m an irrational, emotional, college kid. I have never been super confident in my body or myself and even after a year with Tom, I still feel like he is playing a huge prank on me and will leave me any minute. Although he says he loves me. That means he won’t leave me. Right? 



© 2016 Bandgeek


Author's Note

Bandgeek
Okay, so this is the first thing I have written in literally years. Be kind. I decided to try writing again. I hope everyone likes it! More to come also!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is intriguing. I've never written this type of narrative. There is some fancy name for it, but i can't remember it. Anyway, I have never written a story where the narrator is speaking directly to the audience. I love unreliable narrators and have great hopes that our budding starlet turns out to be one.However, because I've never written this type of story, I am not sure how to critique it. But this is a great start and I might be able to give helpful feedback if you post some more and I get a feel for it. I hope you will continue posting chapters.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016


Author

Bandgeek
Bandgeek

Columbus, OH



About
I haven't been on here in so long. I read through my old stuff and remembered why I was writing. I hope I can get back into the habit. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. more..

Writing
The Time The Time

A Book by Bandgeek


Who Knew Who Knew

A Poem by Bandgeek