The Parable of the Geese

The Parable of the Geese

A Story by Mary Swingler
"

This story describes a beautiful and loving way to live. We can learn a lesson from the geese and all God’s marvelous creations. We only need to stop and observe the wonders of his creation.

"

Have you ever wondered why geese that are migrating fly in a “V” formation? Jehovah God had a good reason for including that in their instincts. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates uplift for the bird following in that formation. The whole flock adds at least 71% more flying range than if each bird flew alone. Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to fly alone; it quickly gets back in formation. Like these geese, we can help and support each other. When a goose gets tired, it rotates back to the back of the formation; another goose will take the lead. Are we as smart as the geese? Do we realize how beneficial it is to support each member of our family? These same principles apply equally to friendships. Geese in the rear of the formation honk to encourage those taking the lead. It is important that our honking be encouraging; otherwise it is just annoying honking. When a goose gets sick and drops out of formation, two other geese follow it down to provide help and protection. They stay with the unhealthy goose until it is able to fly or dies. Only then, will they rejoin their flock or join another flock.This is one of the many wonders of creation. 

© 2016 Mary Swingler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Suddenly I'm humming, "No man is an island, no man stands alone..." It's a sad comment that so many live only for themselves and fail to see the benefits of helping others. In the world of birds, penguins do something similar, rotating from the outside of their huddle to the inside, thereby keeping all of them warm. Man is sometimes not as smart as birds, it seems.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would say as a person of no faith, I appreciate and respect your emotions in this, I feel your euphoric rise as the words trail out. Like the depths of Alighieri without the utter complexity, your fire burns hot and that is to be admired. I wondered if maybe your body actually felt sensations combined in mental stimulation as the spirit of the piece went through you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Suddenly I'm humming, "No man is an island, no man stands alone..." It's a sad comment that so many live only for themselves and fail to see the benefits of helping others. In the world of birds, penguins do something similar, rotating from the outside of their huddle to the inside, thereby keeping all of them warm. Man is sometimes not as smart as birds, it seems.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016
Tags: inspirational, family, relationships, philosophy

Author

Mary Swingler
Mary Swingler

Brooksville, FL



About
I am a retired schoolteacher of 25 years, who continues to teach, in other capacities. I am blessed with 5 amazing, intelligent adult children and 4 beautiful grandchildren, whom I cherish. I recent.. more..

Writing
Soteria Soteria

A Story by Mary Swingler