The Stranger

The Stranger

A Chapter by The Invisible Girl

Chapter 2

           

 

I could hear the pine trees creak as the wind rocked them back and forth. The birds sang in harmony as if nothing had happened a few minutes ago. I felt something wet on my face. Raindrops. It was finally raining. Great if I wasn't already dead I'm going to die of hypothermia. I could hear a voice calling my name. I tried to find the face to the voice, but all I could see where those blue eyes. Such blue eyes that reminded me of an ocean. Then I felt something soft like fur. Black fur. 

 

"Sophie, stay with me," voice said softly. 

 

                My vision started to become clearer. The voice belong to the wolf. I jolted awake sweating and shaking. So, it wasn't a dream, but how. I was so confused. I cringed when the smell of Lysol and germ-x filled my noise. A smell all too familiar to a hospital, but how did I get here I thought. Ugh, I hate hospitals they make me feel so uncomfortable. I groaned as I start to sit up.

 

 

"Honey, take it slow. I'm glad you are awake. You are okay I'm right here," said my mother softly.

 

I looked to my right to see my mom. She looked like the older version of me with her wavy black hair, brown eyes, and full lips that were naturally red. 

 

"How did I get here?" I mumbled, as I tried to figure out how I managed to survive and get here at the hospital. I don't remember calling 911 or was I unconscious long enough that my parents called and had a search party for me. 

 

"I would like to ask you the same question," she replied.

 

I looked away to not see her look of disappointment when I tell her I disobeyed. 

 

Instead she said, "Sophie, you were brought here by a boy." 

 

"A boy?" Now I'm really confused. 

 

This response shocked me the most. I didn't see any hunters in the forest. I mean hunters can't be hard to miss, since you have to wear so much neon orange gear. Plus, I have never seen hunters out there in the woods. I guess that why I like it so much. Hell, even if there was a hunter in the woods, he would have ran away when he saw the mountain lion or wolf.

 

"The nurses said a boy carried you in and said you were attacked by an animal. Why were you in the woods again? Especially by yourself." My mom voice rose higher in octaves as she started talking about the woods. She really hates when I go hunting. Yeah, it's not the brightest idea to go hunting by yourself, but I like it by myself. The only time I wasn't by myself is when Uncle Jon was with me. 

 

Ignoring her question I asked, "Did they ask for his name?" 

 

"No, they never ask. They thought he was your boyfriend, because he was so protective of you." 

 

I laughed, "Boyfriend?" Guys never talk to me, and even if they did I push them away like everyone else in my life. Why the hell was he protective? If I don't know him, he sure as hell doesn't know me. Why would he be protective over someone he has never met? I mean I'm super grateful to whoever this guy is, but creepy. My mom's concern voice brought me out of my crazy train of thought.  

 

"Sophie, do you have any idea who this boy might be, because he knew your name." My mom looked very frightened. 

 

"No, mom I don't," I reassured her.

 

"I can't believe I could have lost you."

 

"But you didn't." I hugged my crying mom. I've never seen my mom this upset before. I hugged her tighter. I could have died, but some random stranger saved my life. I wonder who he is. Was he hunting in the same area as me? Did he see the wolf? How the hell did he know my name?

 

 My mom stopped crying and asked about the accident, but dodging her question I asked, “When can I get out? You know I don't like hospitals." 

 

My mom rolled her eyes and sighed "The doctor said you can go soon before school starts. They want to keep you in just in case, because of your head injury. But, I have to go. I love you. Dad and I will come and check up on you tomorrow morning to bring you home"

 

"Thanks mom. Love you too."

 

 My mom kissed my cheek and left the room. At the hospital, I had a hard time falling asleep. Not only because the smell of disinfectant was so strong but every time I closed my eyes I saw the mountain lion attacking me. After a few hours I eventually I fell asleep, but I was quickly wakened up by a crash of glass. 

 

"Hello?" I looked around the dark room. Ugh, hospitals creep me out especially at night. I wish I could have gone home. No one answered. 

 

"Nurse?" It must be my imagination. I closed my eyes again, and soon I heard creak of the door and faint tap of footsteps on the tiled floor coming into my room. I pretended to be asleep and planned to surprise the stranger with a blood curling scream that would definitely get a nurse's attention. Or maybe I could be going crazy and this could actually be the nurse. I laid there quickly waiting to see if the nurse would say something. The footstep started coming closer to where I was faced laying. I opened one of my eyes and see black Converse tennis shoes. 

 

The stranger was a guy. It must have been the guy who brought me here. I felt the bed creak as the guy sat down. The guy leaned over and kissed my forehead. His lips lingered there for a couple seconds and then he began stroking my hair. He smelled of pine and peppermint. I then felt his lips near my ear. Very softly he said, "Oh, Sophie I'm so glad you're okay. I promise I will not let anything happen to you again."

 

He's voice sounded so familiar. I open my eyes to confront him, but he wasn't there. I tried to remember the voice, but exhaustion took me. 



© 2017 The Invisible Girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

On the whole this looks like it may be a really interesting story.
There are a couple of things, for instance you've burried a lot of the speech in the main text, which makes it hard to read. Also perhaps a bit more discription of surroundings. I know how Sophie feels, which is good, but it can be hard remembering where she is, does that make sense. I hope it does.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

It makes sense! I'll fix it as soon as I can. Thanks!!! :D
tamsin

11 Years Ago

Good I'm glad it does : D



Reviews

once again very intriging

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

lol! Hope you enjoy reading my book!! :)
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the whole this looks like it may be a really interesting story.
There are a couple of things, for instance you've burried a lot of the speech in the main text, which makes it hard to read. Also perhaps a bit more discription of surroundings. I know how Sophie feels, which is good, but it can be hard remembering where she is, does that make sense. I hope it does.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

It makes sense! I'll fix it as soon as I can. Thanks!!! :D
tamsin

11 Years Ago

Good I'm glad it does : D

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: wolf, werewolf, love, romance, drama


Author

The Invisible Girl
The Invisible Girl

Gumdrop Forest, Candy Land :P



About
I always had a passion for writing. Though I'm not the best writer, I always put my readers first. I hope whenever you read my work that you will enjoy it. So share, rate and review my stuff and i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..