The New Guy

The New Guy

A Chapter by The Invisible Girl

Chapter 3  ​    

 

 

I could feel the sun coming through my window warming up my skin. It was so good to finally be home. I didn’t tell my mom about how the stranger who rescued me came to me. Especially the detail of him kissing me on my forehead. She would have freaked out and called the cops. I probably would be forbidden to go anywhere by myself, which means to be stuck home. Since I had no friends to accompany me anywhere. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I’m just your average 17 year old girl. I wish I was a tad bit taller, but I normally don’t care with how I look. I try not grab attention, so I dress very casual with jeans and a plain maroon t-shirt.

"Sophie, let’s go!" yelled my mom from downstairs. I straighten my shirt and tried smiling at myself in the mirror. I rolled my eyes and groan just one year to go of hell aka high school then I’m done. I headed off to meet my mom in the car. We drove to the school in silence until my mom said, “You should try making at least one friend before you graduate.”

 

“Mom, you know I hate being social. I just nobody seems to have similar interests.” I retort.

“How do you know? You never talk to anybody. You just keep to yourself.”

 

“Exactly just the way I like it. No drama,” I replied as I watch a doe running alongside the road. Why can’t I just run away? I just want to graduate and become a game warden. Get a cabin in the mountains and just me, myself, and nature.

 

“Just try please. At least one,” my mom pleaded. Jeez, she hasn’t given up, and she probably will never stop asking me. The last time I had a friend was in middle school, but as puberty came along. She was more interested in boys then hanging out with me. After that I never really tried making new friends. I always ended up pushing people away or people would think I’m strange being the introvert girl who is quiet and sits in the back of the class.

 

I sighed, “Fine. I will try.”

 

 Slowly, I began to see my sign for my school peak through the trees. Clarkson High School is small, but I liked it. Less people to avoid. My mom pulled into the drop off section and said, “Remember Sophie, just smile and say hi my name is Sophie Watkins. It’s really easy.”

 

I chuckled, “Bye, mom.”

 

 I shut the door and heading inside the building. Everyone was rushing around to their lockers ad classes. I could see a freshmen struggling to open the lock on the locker. Girls giggling at a friend’s locker as they pointing and stared at the jock team a few rows down. I reached my locker and opened it up. I didn’t decorate it like most girls did. All I had was a picture of my parents and my first buck I shot with Uncle Jon. I sighed and grabbed what I needed for my first block. I walked to my physics class when I saw some girl in the corner of my eye point at me. I heard her whisper, “Jeez did you see that scar on her face? How did she get that?”

 

I heard her friend whisper back, “I think that’s the girl who got attacked by some animal out in those woods.”

 

“Why the hell would she go there? I heard its dangerous being in those woods.”

 

I rolled my eyes only if you don’t know your surroundings and not experienced with the outdoors. I sat down in my usual seat in the back of the class and got my stuff organized. I stared at the clock waiting for the bell to go off to begin class. I just want this day to be over with even though it just begun. A minute before the bell rang a guy came in.

 

He was tan and had black hair with piercing blue eyes. That’s strange his eyes look so familiar. He was average height and even through his long-sleeved shirt I could tell he was buff. Even though I’m not social, I’m observant. I have to be since I go hunting. I don’t recognize this guy he must be new here. The guy looked around the room and then caught my eye.

 

We stared at each other for the longest time. I really got a good look at his eyes. They were vibrant blue like the…ocean. Stop, staring at him Sophie. I just couldn’t look away. There was just something about his eyes. What seemed to last forever ended. He finally looked away to find a sit which was near me. I can't believe I was staring at this guy I mean he is very good looking, but I’m sure now he thinks I’m a creep. I see the girls across from us giggling and also getting their share. Just look forward I told myself.

 

The first bell rang and I sighed in relief. Finally, class can start. Coming into class in a hurry was a short man in his fifties. Mr. Pitt was one of the few best science teachers in Clarkson High. Also another perk of being in a small school knowing all the teachers.

 

"Okay, class. Welcome back from break. I want to welcome a new student. His name is Shane Vladamircues?" Mr. Pitt struggled to pronounce Shane’s last name. He looked up Shane quizzically hoping to be corrected.

 

"Vlasimirescu," Shane said with a smile. His voice was deep enough that it was soothing to hear. It was a kind of voice that you would want to hear forever. It gave me goosebumps. What the f**k Sophie? I rubbed my arms to stop the goosebumps. What the hell has gotten over me?

 "Thanks Mr. Shane," chuckled Mr. Pitt, "He transferred here from all the way from Romania. So make sure you make him feel welcomed here in America"

 

I looked at him for just a split second. He too was trying to steal a quick peak of me. I averted my eyes back to my lecture notes. Did I know him? He seemed so familiar.

During class, I could hear my mom’s voice saying “Please make at least one friend before you graduate.” Ugh, no stop Sophie that’s awkward especially since you had a staring contet with him as he came in. I don’t need someone to think I’m so creep or a boy crazy girl. I mean like mom said how hard can it be? Just say hi and that’s all. Mr. Pitt said to make him feel welcome. I’m sure he will get a butt load of people saying hi to him. I mean he is not bad look, so “new meat” will attract the girls here. S**t, I think hitting my head on that rock made me go crazy. First, I thought a wolf could talk, and some random a*s guy’s voice gives me goosebumps. Just want I needed for my senior year. What’s next pigs will fly?

 

I watched the clock waiting for class to be over. Once the bell rang, I decided to test my conversational skills and say hi. I saw that he was no hurry to leave. I got all my things together and took the moment to walk up to him. I felt goose bumps forming on my arms. I put my hand out awkwardly and say, "Hi Shane. Welcome to Clarkson High. I'm Sophie." S**t Sophie no one shakes hands in high school. I wrapped my arms around my books hoping he didn’t see.

 

He smiled, "Hi Sophie."

I trembled when he said my name. What the hell? Who the f**k trembles? But why did it sound so familiar when he said my name? Just ignore it Sophie, act calm before he notices that you are flipping out. S**t, too late. He must have noticed because he smiled. Damn, he had a nice smile. His beautiful blue eyes glowed brighter as he smiled. Wow, I'm such a loser. This is why I don't talk to guys or people for that matter.

 

Before I could head out to my locker Shane asks, “So, what class do you have next, Sophie?" S**t, I thought that would be it. Now, I got to make more conversation. Great this can’t get any worse.

 

"English. You?"  I started walking to my locker and he was following me. Wonderful, now he knows where my locker is. Please don’t say you are in my English class. Leave me alone. I’m so bad at conversation. I thought it would be saying hi and that’s it. This is all your fault mom. This is not easy.

 

“Same!” He smiled really big like he was truly happy we be together in the small class again. Okay, maybe I’m not the only one going crazy. I opened my locker and exchanged my Physics book for the rest of my other textbooks for the day. I don’t want him following me everywhere. I know he is new and all, but like that means making more conversation. I don’t think I can handle anymore. I struggled to carry all my textbooks. Jeez why they have to give us so many books.

 

Seeing, I was struggling, Shane chuckled, “Here I'll take these from you."

 

He grabbed my books.

 

"No. No. I can hold them." I tried to get the back, but Shane wouldn't let me. Why is he doing this? I know he is being a “gentleman,” but I am a strong independent woman. I don’t need someone to carry my books.  Like what is he trying to do? Why is he being all nice? I’ve never met a guy like him before.

 

Once we found our seats in English class, a short women wearing all purple was handing us her syllabus which was also on purple paper. She seemed like a nice lady and probably wouldn't give us a lot of assignments. I haven’t had this teacher yet, she must be one of the newer teachers here.

 

"Hello, class. My name is Mrs. Debbie. In English, we are going to go through a grand adventure together through different literature and writing techniques. So your first assignment is to write a poem in the next thirty minutes. Begin."

 

Whelp, that was fast. I was a little nervous about what I was going to write. I’m not really a writer, since I don’t really expressed too much of my feelings. Especially with poetry, it conveys usually an emotion. All of a sudden, I got a flow of some thoughts on a paper. I love the woods, so why not write about the woods. After I was finished, I saw that Shane was writing non-stop.

 

"Okay, class. Time is up. Now who would like to read their poem to the class?"

 

There was utter silence.

"Anyone? Don't be shy.” Please don’t pick me. Please don’t pick me. I avoided eye contact praying she wasn’t one of those teachers who picked at…
 “Sophie, why don't you read yours."

S**t.

 

 "Okay, but it’s not really good." I muttered. Crap, why me?

 

"That's okay. Come up to the front of the classroom."

 

 I got up and cleared my throat and began read. Here goes nothing.

 

“The woods

My safe haven

My home

Everything about it makes me smile

Many times I want to run for miles

To see what adventures it has in store."

 

Mrs. Debbie clapped and Shane was looking at me with a big smile on his face. Jeez why does he smile so much?

 

Some jock in back snickered, “Didn’t you almost die in woods. Seems like the woods wanted to kill you. What a loser. "

 

 Before I could make a snarky reply something wet hit me in the face. The class started laughing except for Ms. Debbie and Shane.

 

“Nice shot!” The jock laughed as he high fived his friend who made the spit ball shot.

 

I could see Shane clenching his fist making his knuckles turn white.

 

“Quiet down. This is a safe place for everyone to say their work. There should be no judging,” Mrs. Debbie shrieked.

 

As the class calmed down, she turned to me and said, “Thank you for reading your poem."

She patted my back and ushered me back to my desk. I could hear the jock chuckling as I took my seat. I took a lot to not turn around and punch him in the face. I can’t get in trouble in the start of the year. Plastering a smile back on her face she asked, “Anyone else want to read their poem. Shane?"

 

I looked over and saw Shane raising his hand.  I watched as Shane took my spot in front of the room. He smiled at me as he got out if his seat. "Shane you may begin whenever you're ready."

 

"Thank you," he then paused and locked eyes with me. I was trapped in his sparkling blue eyes.

 “I see a girl," he began, “basking in the world's darkness. I hear her pain and suffering. I want to comfort her, but I cannot reach her I want to touch her, but I'm afraid I might scar her. I want to hold her and tell her it'll be okay. But what if I break her heart instead. I'm afraid that she will not love the true me. And that what frightens me. I love this girl of despair. But will she love the light that might also be her darkness?" I could feel my heart bounding in my chest. I could hear the sadness in his voice. I heard some girls awing in the back. I rolled my eyes ya’ll wished is was about you.

 "Shane that was a marvelous poem. I hope everything works out in the end," Mrs. Debbie said as she wiped a small tear from her eye.

 

"I hope so, too." Shane smiled. He must really care about this girl whoever she is. She must be back in Romania. It’s kind of romantic to think someone would write a poem about you. She is a lucky girl, but why does he think he will hurt her. He seems like a nice guy, except he smiles way too much. As Shane sat down, he looked at me concerningly. "Is something wrong? Was my poem bad or boring?"

 

 "No! It was really good. It was a sweet yet sad poem.” Shane relaxed and sighed in relief. His blue eyes gleamed as he looked into mine. I conjured up a little smile, which I could have sworn I saw him blush before he looked away. Did I just smile at him? Why does this guy have such an effect on me? Did I actually like him? 



© 2017 The Invisible Girl


Author's Note

The Invisible Girl
Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes or spelling errors. I'm still trying to edit it and figure out a good title.THANKS! Comments? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, the inner workings of a teenage girl's mind :) By the way, what hit her in the face? I don't think it said. Also, you might want to brush up on the use of commas, I believe a few are needed here. The sentences were more varied in this chapter, which is good. There's a bit more detail, though mostly from Sophie's thoughts. Still, its progress. :) I like his last name, though I have no hope of pronouncing it. Does it mean anything in particular? If I had a teacher that told us to write a poem in thirty minutes I would cry, I'm too much of a perfectionist!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

It was a spit ball. Lol
No not really! Lol i just looked up Romanian last names. Haha
A.. read more
Lol I has all of Shane's dialogue in a Romanian accent in my head. I didn't like Sophia's poem that much but I loved Shane's. nice chapter!! :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

Yeah, Sophie's poem isn't that great. I guess it shows how great Shane is! Lol :P idk! I think I mig.. read more
Good chapter. The interest level is high, nothing slow or boring here. Very entertaining.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Hope you continue reading!
Shane is quite the poet. XD

I loved this chapter. The only advise I can give you is the same that I have already stated. You can never go wrong with a little more detail. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Hope you continue to read on! :)
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

I will!
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
Amazing! I love how mysterious Shane is and his poem is so beautiful! Can't wait to see what happens!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Glad you are enjoying my book!! :)
Aww! You made me smile. ^_^

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

^-^ thanks for reading!!
Very romantic! So sweet! You use the wrong "too" a few times.. Should be " to".

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks and I'll fix it up as soon as I can. :) Again thanks for reading!! ^-^
awhhh heart melting!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


how sweet and cute I love their peoms I would have blushed if I had to read what I write in front of entire class

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


During reading this chapter I WAS SCREAMING AT THE SCREEN!!!!
100/100

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

I will.. Send me a read request when next chapter is up :)
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Will do :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

963 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: Werewolf


Author

The Invisible Girl
The Invisible Girl

Gumdrop Forest, Candy Land :P



About
I always had a passion for writing. Though I'm not the best writer, I always put my readers first. I hope whenever you read my work that you will enjoy it. So share, rate and review my stuff and i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..