Council Royalty

Council Royalty

A Story by Council Royalty
"

My Dreams My Way

"

 Iv always wanted to be better than I was, I craved attention in a positive way, loved the way people treated me when I achieved something good, loved all that glittered. In my mind I have always lived in my own imaginary world where I could be just like royalty just on a lower scale, in my mind I knew what was real to fantasy but who is there to say my who life has to be real?

I used to day dream about the life I wanted and how I would be, every single detail, from the smell in the air to the taste on my tongue, how I would get out that Bentley convertible with the keys in one hand and my kid in the other. In reality I was looking down at my school shoe that was held together by wax then coloured in with black permanent marker, desperate to the way to achieve my dream. 

I hated school not because I never wanted to be there but because I was forced to become someone that was not me, to satisfy those who cannot accept the world is full of different people. As a result I hardly went, day consisted of drinking and smoking the cheapest money could afford. Then one day I thought if I continue like this they have won, I have failed and let someone take my dream away and just like that I went back, I went back and I tied to achieve, I lost the respect of those who were around me and found my self alone for a while but I was determined to have a go!

Not making the grade to get into college upset me as I wanted to do good and become whom Iv always dreamed of becoming,... becoming a loving family man! At the college open day I begged them to let me in and promised to give me a chance, I think it was that sane determination that I carry today that got me into college. What a new world that was and achieving more just kept me going.

The proudest day of my life was getting my degree, all my heard work was paying off and I was that step closer to becoming Council Royalty. And now finding love and a warm home is another step, I have never doubt the fact that my dreams were not only dreams that happen once and a while but little messages to keep me motivated to go on, to keep on trying, to have a purpose.

I have always wanted to live my life the way I wanted, to have a home they way I wanted, to drive I can I wanted, to have the family I wanted but to never forget where I am from nor be ashamed of it!

Now I have my own business I am the proof that with dedication hard work and motivation you can be or do anything you dream of doing or becoming, I am that council kid who had wax on his shoe, I am that one people picked on, I am now that one you talk about good or bad, I am that kid is more confident, I am that Council Royalty Kid living My Dream My Way!

© 2009 Council Royalty


Author's Note

Council Royalty
Don't let anyone get in the way of your goal!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent - love the note!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 18, 2009

Author

Council Royalty
Council Royalty

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I am a young soul with big dreams! This is new to me I have always wanted to be able to write but never really too the time out to do so, now I want to be able to express how I feel, my dreams an.. more..

Writing