Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl

A Story by ShadowHuntress
"

This story relates to me. This is a short story.

"

A long time ago, there was a girl with long strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, and she was very pale. She was caring, kind, and sensitive. She hated seeing people upset or sad. Her name was Bridget. She was the sunshine that shone brightly through the darkness in people's lives. Everyone loved her and her positive attitude. She hadn’t had an obstacle in life that she couldn’t handle. At least she didn’t until her sixteenth birthday, when the unexpected happened. Something nobody believed.

On the morning of her sixteenth birthday, Bridget was sound asleep while her parents and her 12 year old sister, Cleo, were planning on surprising Bridget with a birthday cake in bed and a brand new car sitting in the driveway. They snuck into her room quietly and got close to her bed and yelled, “Surprise!” Bridget shot up out of bed and was shocked. She saw that they had made her a cake and thought how sweet they are and how very lucky she was to have them. “Awww, you guys. You shouldn’t have,” Bridget said with a smile. Her dad raised his hand and said, “That’s not all.” “OMG! You got me a car,” screamed Bridget. “Yes we did,” chimed in her mom. “It’s in the driveway.” She ran to her window and saw an old American muscle car. Bridget was happy because she loved old cars, especially American muscle types. She thanked her parents and they all had a piece of cake. After finished eating she took a shower and got dressed.

Once she was dressed, she headed downstairs. “Bye mom and dad,” she called to them. “Bye Cleo.” “Hold up sport,” said her dad. “Go to your car. There is one more surprise.” She walked to her car while her parents stood at the door. When she opened up the door, a german shepard puppy was sitting there in her seat. “Aww. He is adorable. I’m going to name him Shep,” she cried out as she picked him up and walked to the door and put him in the house. “Thank you!” She hugged them.  “Your welcome sweetheart.” said her mother. “Have a good day at school,” her dad added. “Bye Bridget,” hollered Cleo. “Bye everyone. See you after school,” she yelled while pulling out of the driveway. What she didn’t know was that she wouldn’t see everybody later on because of something horrible that happened.

She arrived at school just in time before the bell rang for being tardy. She still had 10 minutes left so she rushed to her locker which was decorated for her birthday. Bridget opened up her locker and got her bag and books. She closed her locker and her boyfriend, Brandon, was standing right there. “Happy Birthday,” he said. “God, you scared me,” she replied. “Thank you.” “Sorry and you're welcome,” Brandon said. “I have a gift for you.”  “You do?” she asked. “Yes, turn around.” he replied. He put a necklace around her neck that had the letter B on it. “It’s beautiful,” she exclaimed. “Thank you again.” “You're welcome again,” chuckled Brandon. “Let's get to class.” Bridget nodded and they walked to class.

Throughout the day,  she went from class to class with everyone wishing her a happy birthday.  The main people Bridget was looking forward to telling her happy birthday was her two best friends, Autumn and Celeste, who go overboard with everything.  She waited after class, so she could walk with them to lunch. When she didn't see them she headed to lunch. Bridget opened the door, but all the lights were off. As soon as she walked in the lights came on and everyone yelled “SURPRISE”. She nearly jumped out of her skin. Celeste and Autumn ran up to her and said, “Happy Birthday.” They had went all out for her birthday. “How did y'all do this?” she asked. “Isn’t it against the rules to throw parties at school?” “Well…….”said Autumn. “We talked to the principle, and he said it was ok because it was you,” finished Celeste. “ This is why i love you guys.” smiled Bridget and hugged them. “We love you too,” Autumn and Celeste said together and hugged her back.

Bridget and the girls headed to the front of the lunchroom where Brandon asked Bridget to dance with him. They danced to a slow song then Autumn and Celeste grabbed her arm. “Sorry Brandon, but we are kidnapping your girlfriend,” said Autumn. “Ok, catch you later,” replied Brandon. They took her to the middle of the lunchroom and they got up on the table. “Hey, Bridget come on up and dance with us,” said Celeste. “No way,” Bridget said laughing. “I’m not risking the chance of falling and breaking my neck.” “Come on Bridge,” pleaded Autumn. “Please” “Fine just don’t ever call me that again you know how I feel when you call me that.” Bridget replied as she got up the table and danced with her friends. “We know that’s why we call you that when we want you to do something,” said Celeste. Soon the party ended and it was time for 5th period.

Halfway through class the counselor came in and whispered something to the teacher. He nodded his head and then the counselor asked, “Bridget, can you come with me please?” “Yes mam,” Bridget answered wondering if she was in trouble as she stood up and grabbed her bag and books. They walked to her office and sat down. “Bridget your mom just called and told me that your dad and sister were in a car accident,” she started to say. “He was on the way home from picking her up from school because she had gotten sick. It was raining and a tree had fallen. He didn’t see it until the last minute and they crashed.” Bridget’s face went really white. She couldn’t believe that her dad and sister were dead. At least that’s what she thought. The counselor spoke again, “Your dad is in the hospital pretty banged up and bruised.” Bridget’s face lightened up, “What about Cleo?” she asked. “I don’t know your mom didn’t tell me, but I can drive you to the hospital if you want. All your classes and homework will be excused,” she answered. Bridget nodded her head and said, “Thank you.” “You’re welcome,” replied the counselor.When they arrived at the hospital, Bridget ran in and looked for her mom. She found her mom sitting in the waiting room and ran up to her. “Mom, how’s Cleo? Where is she?” she asked breathing hard. “I’m sorry Bridget, but Cleo’s gone,” her mother said with a weak voice. “No, no,no,no this can’t be happening,” Bridget said crying. “I’m sorry,” said her mother who was on the verge of crying again. Bridget was so upset she went home and locked herself in Cleo’s room for days. She didn’t come out ever.

A week later it was time for Cleo’s funeral, so Bridget finally came out and went to the funeral. She stayed in the way back, away from everyone else because she couldn’t stand to see Cleo with her pale skin and blonde curly hair lying dead in a coffin. While standing there she could have sworn that she saw her sister standing behind a tree. She walked over there and she was right; it was Cleo. Bridget walked back and said, “Haha very funny everyone. Nice prank, I should have known.” “Honey what are you talking about?” asked her mother looking concerned. “Cleo’s not dead. You tricked me. She’s standing right over there.” laughed Bridget. “I think you are being delusional. Cleo’s dead,” said her father. Bridget looked back and realized it wasn’t a prank because she saw that Cleo wasn’t standing where Bridget had seen her. She started to cry and fall, but before she hit the ground, Brandon jumped up and caught her.

A month after Cleo’s funeral, Bridget was walking past Cleo’s room and looked in. She saw a figure in there as she passed. She paused and backed up, and sure enough she saw the figure and it looked exactly like Cleo. “It can’t be her. It just can’t be. She’s dead.” Bridget thought in her head. Bridget went and told her mom and her mom said she is just seeing stuff because Cleo passed not too long ago. She believed her mom and forgot about it. The next day, she woke up, got a shower, and got dressed. Then she headed downstairs where she found Shep playing with the figure she had saw in Cleo’s room the day before. Bridget thought she was dreaming until the figure looked at her and disappeared when her mom was coming into the kitchen and started cooking breakfast. She told her mom about what she saw and her mother said the same thing she did the day before and went back to cooking breakfast. Bridget ate and headed out the door to school.

At school, Bridget told her friends about it, and they told her to look it up and that maybe she could see ghost as they giggled. She headed to the library and she found something interesting and printed it off to show her friends. Bridget got to the lunchroom at the same time as the bell rang for lunch. She spotted Autumn and Celeste eating with Brandon, and was surprised to see them there early. She walked toward them and slapped the papers down onto the table when she got there. “Autumn, Celeste, you were,” she said. “Right about what,” they asked? “The ghost thing,” she answered. “Bridget, we were just kidding. We weren’t being serious,” said Celeste. “But look it’s real,” she said pointing at the papers. They looked at the papers, at each other, then back at Bridget. “You have officially gone insane,” they said. “Guys,” she pleaded. “Please you have to believe me.” “Sorry Bridge,” they said and walked away. Even Brandon got up and left, and Bridget was left there all alone. What they didn’t know was someone was listening to the conversation, and something happened that Bridget didn’t expect the next day.

The next day, when Bridget arrived at school, everyone stared at her and laughed. She didn’t know what they were laughing at until a girl that she knew, whose name was Olivia, came up to her. “Hey Bridget, have you seen my grandfather lately?” she asked. “Why would I see your grandfather? Isn’t he dead?” Bridget asked. “Because you can see ghost,” Olivia said then walked away laughing. Everyone starting laughing and pointing at her. “Well at least now I know what they are laughing at. They are laughing at me,” she thought. From that day forward, she was called “Ghost Girl”. Since everyone started picking on her and bullying her, she became hated and unpopular, Brandon broke up with her and started dating Olivia. Autumn and Celeste even kept their distance and were no longer her friends. She realized she was all alone. At first she didn’t accept her gift, but after she used it to help people move on and have peace in the afterlife she accepted it. She didn’t care what other people called her or thought about her. The only person’s opinion she cared about was her own, and that’s how Bridget became known as………….“Ghost Girl”.

THE END

© 2016 ShadowHuntress


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great and descriptive Kep writing and make an big long book next time

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ShadowHuntress

7 Years Ago

well you see it was for the young authors contest and i am working on a couple of short stories and .. read more
Anthony Cook

7 Years Ago

that's great let me know if you ever need any help or ideas!
ShadowHuntress

7 Years Ago

Thanks feel free to message me do you have an email i could send you what i have on a book that im w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 7, 2016
Tags: ghost, ghost girl

Author

ShadowHuntress
ShadowHuntress

About
I am 16 years old and i want to be a great author. right now i am writing my own book more..

Writing