Strange Apartment

Strange Apartment

A Story by Courtney Thomas
"

Not one of my best works.

"

  My eyes are burning as I awake; I am in cold, plain room, white sheets, down comforter. Where am I?? I never should have trusted Lily to get me home safely from that party! She swore she’d be my driver; since when does she ever keep her word?

  I hear the click of a door being unlocked, oh no! A man comes in, his eyes never leaving mine. I try to talk; I try to ask him where I am, who he is, and a million different questions that are running through my mind. Nothing comes out. He has a large gash down the side of his face. Suddenly he starts speaking to me,

  “You know where I got this cut?” I shake my head; I don’t know anything at the moment. “I got it from you! Now it’s your turn.” He starts taking his pants off; he rips at his clothes and then throws himself at me. I’m only 17; this is not going to happen to me! I jump from the bed, finally free of my dazed state. I run to the door and he charges after me. He’s yelling words but I can’t hear them. I am in survival mode. I grab from the door knob and yank the flimsy wood open. It leads to an apartment building or hotel hallway. I do the only thing I can think of; I start screaming as loud as I possibly can. The hallway is instantly full of people. They’re yelling all sorts of things at me; one man is calling the police while 3 others are trying to control my attacker. Some ladies are helping me up, babbling on and on at me. I’m not listening though; all that is going through my mind is the unimaginable possibility that I was almost just raped.

© 2011 Courtney Thomas


Author's Note

Courtney Thomas
I know the ending needs work, but I wrote this for a competition.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 28, 2011

Author

Courtney Thomas
Courtney Thomas

Wakefield, New Brunswick, Canada



About
Hey! I'm Courtney, I'm 14 (almost 15), and I live in New Brunswick Canada. more..

Writing