A dark stage...

A dark stage...

A Poem by courtridicule

How did you get here?Why are you here? What do you seek? What do you expect to see? What have you seen? Will the wall let you hear me? Or is it’s foundation to deep? Can you hear the hushed footsteps from it’s crevices?Is the light blinding? How can i entertain you?Would you like me to juggle? Would you like me shout senseless whispers in your ear? Would you like me to dance foolishly for you?Would you like me to say something crazy? I am the first!! I have sung the first song for the first queen…i have played the original instruments for the first king…in those days they truly loved and cared for each other,the land was pristine and the people were happy….but those days are passed….now i dance to a different tune.The court was…turned against them.Those loyal to them were persecuted and driven from their side.I remember men and women with sly words.They had no faces and always stood in the corner…I tried to fight back but by the time they noticed…all was lost.The old wizard had left soon after they arrived saying through his bristly beard,”BAH!! THERE ARE OTHER KINGDOMS THAT NEED MY SERVICES!”. I tried to convince him to stay…i truly did. I told my best jokes and used my best dance techniques…i juggled a thousand and two pies and even performed the dreaded triple flip of doom and i didn’t even pull his beard once…he used to hate that.But it didn’t work. He just looked at me and said”IM SORRY BOY…YOU HAVE TO CARRY IT NOW”. Then just like that…he was gone…Now the laughs are seldom….and the smiles fewer.I perform everywhere…but people have forgotten me.I caper and play but…am invisible.No one can find my stage anymore… 

© 2011 courtridicule


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

(sniff) (sniff) What? oh im not crying...don't be silly...that's my duty

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2011

Author

courtridicule
courtridicule

About
... more..

Writing
... ...

A Poem by courtridicule


... ...

A Poem by courtridicule