Customer from Hell

Customer from Hell

A Story by Craftywillow
"

The china shop, an observation...

"

CUSTOMER FROM HELL


It was Thursday morning in the china shop and my most dreaded customer, Mrs Davies, was due in any minute. At precisely 9.45am, as usual, the door was thrown open and there she stood all formidable 5 feet of her brandishing her battered shopping bag like a weapon. What on earth could she want to buy this week?

 

I began to shake as she critically surveyed the vast array of ornaments in the display cabinets. “A Wedding present” She screeched in my direction.  I immediately felt the colour drain from my face and began to feel nauseous. She slowly looked me up and down before replying sarcastically “An ornament child?”

 

“Our Wedding collection is just here by the counter.” I stammered. She marched towards me and demanded to see the most expensive one we had. I took out a bride figurine. My heart was pounding as she inspected it. She narrowed her eyes at me and I felt my throat constrict. “There’s a chip here” she explained.

“Oh I’m so sorry Mrs Davies; I’ll just go and get a replacement.” I hurried through to the stockroom, feeling myself warm with mortification.

Thankfully there was another there. I breathed a sigh of relief and lifted it carefully out of the box, smoothing my hands down my skirt with perspiration.

My anxiety was made worse when I discovered Mrs Cook, our manageress, at the counter fussing over Mrs Davies. Offering a smile of consolation, she offered to personally gift wrap the wedding ornament leaving me free to take my much-needed tea break.

© 2012 Craftywillow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on April 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012
Tags: short, fiction, store, shop

Author

Craftywillow
Craftywillow

Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom



About
I am a budding writer living in the City of Edinburgh. more..

Writing