One? Ish?

One? Ish?

A Chapter by crazysox
"

Summary to get you CAPTIVATED! Oooooooooh....! :)

"

In a world much like our own, one vital element is missing �" the noise. Eleanor and Luella use sign language and a tapping similar to Morse code to communicate, just like the rest of the world. These people live, day after day, never hearing a peep, never using their ears.

It’s an ordinary day when the world changes forever. Eleanor, a young, average girl, and her little sister, Luella, are shopping for a gift for their mother on a Sunday afternoon. While fumbling with the change, Eleanor lets slip a penny that rolls into the calm highway. Naïve, oblivious, autistic Luella chases after the coin, nearly getting flattened by a truck. Luckily, however, a stranger swoops in to save the day.

Eleanor wakes up in the back of a truck, sleepy and dazed. She tries to remember what happened, and how she got there, but she can’t. She can only remember the music. With this thought in her head, she wonders what sort of magical person could have created something so awe-inspiring…..or what kind of monster.

                 But the man who kidnapped these two girls isn’t a monster at all. In fact, he’s a young, fifteen-year-old boy named Casey, and is the same age as Eleanor. He captured them in an act of cowardliness, fearing for his life’s work….music. As Casey teaches the girls what music is, and why it is missing, the trio becomes great friends and work together to bring sound and speech back to the silent world.

                All good things end in time, though, and soon, Eleanor’s life begins to crumble. The noise stopped for a reason, and the people who stopped it don’t want it back. They soon rat Eleanor out to the media, claiming she is a terrorist with a powerful weapon, and reveal secrets about her plan that only she, Casey, and Luella knew. Her family believes it and rejects her, Casey thinks she spilled the confidential information and distrusts her, and in the midst of it all, Luella goes off on her own, not wanting to be a jealous backstage dancer on her sister’s stage.

                How can Eleanor get everyone to trust her again, while at the same time save the world from silence? Sometimes, she just wants to scream about all the frustrations she has….but will anyone be there to listen?

                



© 2012 crazysox


Author's Note

crazysox
So....yeah. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would totally read this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


:O This sounds...really...freaking...cool O.O I wanna read it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2012
Last Updated on January 20, 2012


Author

crazysox
crazysox

DC



About
NOTE: My featured story is almost always my most recent one. PLEASE read that one first, my older works are probably not that good! I'm a 14-year-old writer who's always dreamed of becoming the aut.. more..

Writing
Flaming Rings Flaming Rings

A Story by crazysox


Remember? Remember?

A Story by crazysox