Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Three - The Lady of Elysium

Chapter Three - The Lady of Elysium

A Chapter by Crimson Lotus

Ultima City, Kingdom of Ultima
Ryence was waiting for Lyte outside to tour her around the city as he promised. He also need to buy a gift for Rhea's birthday. He also asked Irvine if he wanted to come but he remembered that he had some other plans today. He heard a sound of a door on the Lyte's house and saw Lyte coming out of the door.
"Did I kept you waiting?" Lyte asked.
"No. I just finished breakfast." Ryence said.
"So, where are we going first?" Lyte asked.
"Hmm.." Ryence was thinking. He never really had toured anyone before."Since it is really impossible to tour you on the whole city, I'll just first show you around the nearby districts."
"Okay. So this is the Residential District right?" Lyte said.
"Yes, the whole south western part of the city is the Residential District." Ryence explained as they walked around. " If you go straight to this path, you'll reach the Forest of Ultima."
"A forest near the houses? Isn't it dangerous?"
"No, that forest has monster-free. So the only thing you should worry about are dangerous people." Ryence said remembering the events that happened on the forest. "Then, if you went go to the northern part of the Residential District, you'll reach Sunset Hill where people watch sunset."
Ryence continue to tour Lyte. He showed him where the locations of important places like the City Clinic, the Soldier Outpost and small food stores.
"I think I'm hungry." Lyte said. "Do you know where can we eat the best foods around here?"
"I know, let's go to the Business District." Ryence said. "It is where the Establishments and Restaurants are located."
"Let's go." Lyte said "I'll treat you lunch."
Rhea was walking around the city to have some fresh air. She was a bit tired because of the preparations for the party at the castle so she decided to take a walk. 
"Would I really be excited for the party later?" Rhea said to herself. "Gonna have a bigger responsibility. I wonder why they want it now and not next year."
Then, she saw Ryence walking on the other street. She immediately ran towards him. For some reasons, she was having fun hanging out with Ryence. When she was about to call him, she realizes he was with a red haired girl and they looked like they were having fun. Rhea didn't know why but after seeing that, she quickly ran away from them right away.She stopped when she realizes she was out of their sight.
She then felt confused. She knows there's nothing wrong if she greeted Ryence even if he's with a girl but she felt a pain of her chest after seeing that. It was the first time that she felt that.

Business District of Ultima City, Kingdom of Ultima
The Business District is located at the North West part of the city. Different establishments are built there for Food, Clothing and other items. There were also merchants from different cities selling their stuffs.
"Is it really okay to treat me lunch?" Ryence asked as they were eating. He was never been treated by a person he just met.
"Why? You took your time to tour me around so this is the best I could do in return." Lyte said. "And we're friends now right?"
"Well, I guess so." Ryence said.
"Then it's fine." Lyte "Anyway, I was just curious. Do you know if there are weird happenings around the city lately?"
"Hmm.. Weird? It depends on how you define weird. But something weird had happened to me lately."
"Just anything weird." Lyte said. "Why? What happened to you?"
"Well, just promise me not to tell this to anybody. Can you?" Ryence said although Ryence already feels that Lyte could be trusted.
"Sure." Lyte said. "I still don't know anyone here except for you anyway. What is it?"
Then, Ryence told her about what happened on the forest with Rhea. He also told her about what happened to him and the magic that he just used. Lyte suddenly become more interested. Lastly, he told her about what Strife had told him.
"So you're from the Hyperion Clan?" Lyte asked him.
"Yes. Is there anything special about that? My dad told me it was just a clan of soldiers. " Ryence said.
"Uhhh.. I don't know. Just asking. Hihi " Lyte said as if trying to deny something. 
"Ohh. I thought you know something. I still don't trust my dad when he said that." Ryence said.
"Anyway, that girl Rhea that you told about, isn't she your girlfriend or something? Won't she get mad if she found out that we go out?"  Lye asked.
"No no no. She's just a friend, a schoolmate." Ryence said. He felt himself blushing. "And I doubt she'd get mad if she saw us here."
There have been sudden anxiousness on Ryence's face.
"Ooohh. I get it. It's okay." Lyte said teasingly.
"Get what?" Ryence said.
"Nevermind." Lyte said. 
"Okay. Anyway, can we go home before the sunset?" Ryence said. "I have a party to attend to."
"Sure, I also need to go somewhere at night." Lyte said.
"Okay. Its just past noon. We still have lots of time. Where do you want to go?" Ryence asked.
"Is it okay if we just spend the rest of the time here? I want to buy new clothes and some other stuffs." Lyte said.
"Sure. I also need to buy something here." Ryence said as they stood up. They spend the rest of the time around the Business District where Lyte tries to visit every store and buy clothes and stuffs. Ryence decided to buy Rhea a bracelet as a gift.
Ultima Castle, Ultima City
The Ultima Castle is one of the first structures on Ultima City spanning from about hundreds of years ago. There were also some legends that tells that the castle was built by the gods and was considered a holy place. It is located at the center of the city surrounded by large walls and water canals. The castle itself was built on large stones surrounded by a large garden. It has three towers where two are located at the front sides and one at the center of the castle.
Ryence arrived at the castle gates where some castle guards where standing on a small shed. He was wearing his formal coat and tie. He haven't had any contact with Irvine since the day Rhea invited them so he decided to go on his own and would meet-up with Irvine eventually at the party.
"Excuse me?" Ryence approached the guards. "I was invited here to party"
"Oh right. May I see your invitation." one of the guard said. Ryence feels that the guards here are easy to approach and friendly.
"Here" Ryence said as he gave the invitation to the guard who talked to him.
"Okay. You may pass." the guard said as he pushed a button located at the table on their shed. Suddenly, the castle gates opened automatically.
Inside the gates where a small pave road with garden full of different flowers and trees at the sides. Ryence walked on the roads which leads to the main castle where two guards opened the door for him and reached a hall with three staircases infront. 
"The party is at the Grand Hall. Just keep going up on the center stairs until you reach a large door." The guard said as he pointed the stairs at the center.

"Alright. Thanks." Ryence said. He walked straight to the staircase and went up. As he was walking on the stairs, he was thinking of the connection of Rhea to the castle.  Ryence heard that the castle itself is like a small village because the King allowed the families of all the workers like the gardeners and chefs to live inside. Even if Rhea knows someone inside, she should be living here instead of the house near the forest. Also, no one mentioned from their school that Rhea is somewhat connected to the castle.

After almost on three floors, Ryence finally reached the large door which was opened. It has a large circular hall inside full of people.  The hall was full of chandelier light above and has stained glass windows around. There were also opened doors to balconies. There was a small stage in the other side where a large glass door is located though no one is around the stage. 

Ryence went inside and saw that there was a band playing an upbeat music on the right side and some foods were located at the left. There were people dancing at the center. He was trying to look for Irvine but it looks like he still isn't there yet. Ryence stand near a wall while waiting for Irvine or Rhea. He really wasn't the type who go into social gatherings.

"Sir, you may get one." said a butler who was roaming around giving food. Ryence get one and ate it. Ryence thought the food from the castle was really special.

The music shifted to a slow one and Ryence saw the people at the center started dancing slowly in pairs.  He was almost standing for thirty minutes and there was no sign of Irvine.

Then, finally, he saw Rhea. Ryence couldn't help but to smile as she was approaching. She was more beautiful than he had seen her. She was wearing a bright yellow dress with some beads on it and a small tiara is placed on her head. Her hair was also nicely done. Ryence was about to greet her and gave her his gift but he felt some seriousness on Rhea's face.

"Can we dance?" Rhea said without looking at him.

"Uhh.. Yeah. Sure" Ryence said.

Then, still without looking, Rhea took Ryence's hand and dragged him to the the center of the hall.  When they reach the center, Rhea, put her other hand on Ryence's shoulders while Ryence put his hand on Rhea's waist. Ryence felt nervous. It was the first time he was dancing with someone.

While dancing, Ryence saw that Rhea was still not looking at him and was looking at the other direction. He was sure there is something wrong.

"Can I ask you something?" Rhea suddenly spoked.

"What is that?" Ryence said.

"Who was the girl you are with earlier?" Rhea asked.

"Oh! earlier, it's Lyte. She just moved in beside our house yesterday and she asked me to tour her around the city." Ryence explained. "You saw us?"

"Yes." Rhea said. "I was just busy so I didn't bother to call you."Ryence felt that there was something strange on Rhea's tone but he felt Rhea became less serious now.

"I see." Ryence said. "Anyway, Happy Birthday"

"Thanks." Rhea said as she finally looked at Ryence. Ryence realizes that they were looking at each other eye to eye and he suddenly looked at the other direction. Then, Ryence heard Rhea laughing.

"What so funny?" Ryence asked.

"No. It's nothing." Rhea said. "I don't know why but I'm happy."

"That's good. "Ryence said. He couldn't think of anything to say.

They danced until the music shifted again to an upbeat tempo. After dancing, they went to an empty balcony where they stand and watch the city lights and the night sky's reflection on the sea. 

"After this, I'm not sure if we can see each other again." Rhea said.

"Why?" Ryence asked.

"Do you know that my birthday is not just the reason for this party?" Rhea said. "A lot of things will happen later."

"What things?" Ryence said. "Sorry, I don't quite understand."

"Have you heard of the Lady of Elysium?" Rhea asked .

"Elysium? The power that save Midgard from the Dark Lord?" Ryence said.

"Yes. Every generation, a girl from the Aisha Clan is chosen to hold the power of Elysium until the true Lady of Elysium is born." Rhea explained. "Since the Lady of Elysium holds the power of Elysium, she must be protected. So she must stay on the castle with her guardian until another one is chosen. "

"So, that would be you?" Ryence asked.

"Yes." Rhea answered.

"Why?" Ryence asked again.

"Don't you see? I'm from the Aisha Clan. I'm the king's only daughter." Rhea explained.

"What?!" Ryence asked in surprise. He was now confused.

"I'm the daughter of the king. That's why my birthday is held here. That's why I'm the next Lady of Elysium." Rhea explained.

"I mean, you attend classes with us. You lived on a house near the forest. You'll take up the Military Course in Healing.Right?" Ryence said.

"I asked my father if I could life a normal life since I know this day would come and he agreed until I turned eighteen." Rhea explained. "No one knows that anyway since I was living in the castle since I was born and no one knows my face."

"But you're still seventeen right?" Ryence asked.

"It seems like some strange things happen in Helic that made the Priest insisted that I should hold Elysium now." Rhea said.

"What about the current Lady of Elysium?" Ryence asked.

"She's...gone." Rhea said. She suddenly felt sad. "The previous Lady of Elysium was my mother."

"Oh. Sorry.." Ryence apologized.

"She use the power of Elysium to save me during the Civil War ten years ago." Rhea explained. "You see, only the true Lady of Elysium can use the power as many times as she wants. Others will die if they use it once. That's another reason why I should stay here. To prevent myself from using Elysium"

"But, how do you know if your the true holder or not?" Ryence asked.

"Well, I guess if they used it and survive." Rhea joked. " Seriously, no one knows about that."

"I know!"  Ryence said. "Let me be your guardian. I'm qualified right?"

"I'm afraid Rhea already chose her guardian." A man's voice was suddenly heard behind them.

"Sir Eiro!" Rhea said. Ryence looked behind and saw a man at least ten years older than him wearing a silver plated armor.

"Who's this man presenting to be your guardian?" Eiro said with arrogance.

"This is Ryence.He's a friend of mine." Rhea said. "and this is Sir Eiro, the leader of the castle knights."

"You think you're worthy enough to be Rhea's guardian?" Eiro said to Ryence. He doesn't like the way Eiro talks. "Anyway, the ceremony is about to start. They are calling you now."

"I'm very sorry. I need to go." Rhea told Ryence and she went with Eiro without waiting for his reply.

Ryence looked at the hall and saw that the music have stopped and people are no gathered near the stage. Ryence went inside to see what was about to happened when he suddenly bumped on someone.

"Sorry." Ryence said. He looked at the person he bumped into and saw Lyte.

"Ryence!" Lyte said. "So you're also invited here?"

"Yes, what are you doing here?" Ryence asked. "Do you know Rhea?"

"No no. Uhh..My friend knows her. That's right.." Lyte explained. "Anyway, it seems like the ceremony is about to start."

"So you know about this?" Ryence asked. 

"Yes.I'll explain sometime" Lyte said. She was tired of thinking of an alibi. They looked at the stage and saw that the king and several priest were now there.

"I call now, the Lady of Elysium, Rhea Aisha." The priest on the stage said. Then, Rhea went to the stage and kneel infront of the priest. The priest put his hand on Rhea's head as if giving her some blessings. Then, Rhea stood up.

"Have you chosen your guardians?" the Priest asked Rhea. "Summon them here."

"I now summon my guardians here." Rhea said. "Sir Eiro Neus"

Ryence felt disappointed after hearing the name. He wishes he had known it sooner. He is willing to give his life to protect Rhea. But then, Rhea said. "and Ryence Hyperion."

Ryence was shocked as everybody else on the hall. He can now see people looking at him while murmuring. He didn't know what to do. He looked at the king to see his reaction and to his surprise, he doesn't look surprised like everybody else.

"I repeat." Rhea said in a commanding voice. "Ryence Hyperion, you are summoned here."

Ryence looked at Rhea and he saw Rhea smiling at him. This gave him the courage to go to the stage. He looked at Eiro who was at the other side of Rhea and he looks disappointed.

"Now that you have chosen your guardians, I now give this to you, the Pendant of Bitfrost" The Priest said. "You may now enter the Sanctuary Hall as the guardians wait for you here."

Rhea then went inside the glass door. She was now ready to accept the Power of Elysium.


Ultima City, Kingdom of Ultima

Strife was looking at the castle with his new found apprentice. 

"It seems like it's starting." Strife said in an evil laugh. "Lady of Elysium, get ready."



© 2011 Crimson Lotus


Author's Note

Crimson Lotus
i think there are some errors left..i just need comments as of now..thanks...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on November 22, 2011
Last Updated on November 22, 2011
Tags: fantasy, anime, shounen, adventure, fighting, action, battle, magic, romance, love story


Author

Crimson Lotus
Crimson Lotus

Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines



About
Writer/mangaka wannabe. Looking for artist to draw my story as a manga. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Crimson Lotus


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Crimson Lotus