The Things I Have To Do

The Things I Have To Do

A Chapter by Writer

I couldn't stand it anymore. 
Justin wanted to come over to my house and see how I was doing. However, that was too dangerous. We promised each other to meet again tomorrow at noon. As for return for saying no to him, I told him that I would give him a surprise. 
Before going home, I went to the supermarket and bought some eggs, flour, chocolate chip and sugar, since the surprised includes all these things. I went straight to the kitchen and got to work. After mixing all the ingredients together, there were a special "spice" that needed to be added. 
I walked over to an unopened box and took out a bag of fresh, small pile of grass weed. I smiled to myself. 'Justin Justin Justin... only you would get this special type of service...'
With the weeds in my hand, I broke them into small pieces and placed it within the mix for every opening. After waiting for 30 minutes or so, I could smell the delicious taste of the cookies already. I walked to the oven and took the batch out. 'Yes...these are perfect!'
I put the cookies inside a box and wrap a red ribbon around it. I couldn't wait for him to eat them, chew on them, munch them, and get addicted to them. 
The next way, I arrived late on purpose. As I suspected, he was sitting down on the bench in the park. 
"Hey Justin, sorry I was late." I waved. 
Justin stood up and smiled. "No problem. Is that my surprised right there?" he asked, pointing to my box.
I giggled. "Sure thing, they were the reason I was late." 
"What are they? I could smell them from here! Wait, let me guess." he said and bended down to my box. "Could it be cookies?" he asked, still sniffing it.
I smirked. "YEP! Hope you like them!" 
Justin took the box from me and quickly pulled on the ribbon. He peeked at the opening of the box first, then opening it. "Wow, this looks great! I love chocolate chips."
"Doesn't everyone?" I laughed.
I watched him take one out and stuck the whole thing into his mouth. 
"Mmmm... This tasted a little different from regular cookies. What did you put in it?"
I looked away, pretending to think. "Oh, I think you are talking about that little grass inside. Is that want you want to know?" 
Justin took another cookie and placed it in his mouth. "Yea."
I smiled cutely. "I'm not telling you yet. You're about to find out soon."
We sat down on the bench after he had finished the whole box. He was laughing hysterically next to me. Later, he was beginning to talk about seeing things. 
I laughed along, but not with him, it's AT him. I didn't care if what I was doing was right or wrong, but I just can't stand it anymore. 
Finally, after he was finished, I could see that he was feeling drowsy. His face had turned pale and he had some bags under his eyes. 
"Tassie... What happened to me?" he asked, looking at me sickly. 
I acted innocent and smiled at him. "The most natural thing happened to you, silly. That's what happens when you take drugs."
Justin narrowed his eyes. "Huh? What drugs?"
I signed. "And I thought you were smart. Didn't you learn about taking cocaine, weed, and those other stuff in health?"
Justin slightly nodded. "Yea...but I didn't take them..." He paused. "It wasn't the grass thing I was eating earlier right?" 
I blinked my eyes. "Yea, you finally got it."
*****************************************

Whatever happens after that was not important. The important thing is that he has to come to me everyday from that day on. He became my regular customer. 

A month later, I was home putting some powder inside the bag when Danial suddenly comes running home. His face was lightly cut.

"Danial, what happened?" I shot up.

"Listen Tassie, you got to help me on this." He grabs my hand and I would feel the stickiness of it from his sweat. "I-I borrowed some money from this guy and I've been..kinda, running away from him after the due date. Now he found where we live and he was just down stairs. He pulled me to an ally and threatens to kill me if I don't pay him back tomorrow." He licked his lips. "Tassie, please help me."

I turned my back to him. "But Dan, I have no money!"

He quickly walks back in front of me. "No, I know that you had some money when your dad left. PLEASE Tassie, I'll get kill if you don't help me. I swear, I'll pay you back."

I swallowed hard and looked down. "Fine." I walked over to the kitchen and took out a brick from the corner. I hid those money there when he wasn't home. 

"Tassie...you had those money there before?"

"Yea." I took out a tin can and opened it with great force. It popped open and I counted the money. As a result, the money he needed was all the money I had. 

"Thanks Tassie." He pulled them out of my hand and embraced me. 

The next day when I was walking to an alley near a school, I stopped when I was feeling pain in my chest. I grabbed on to where my heart was and tried to breathe. It felt like someone was squeezing my heart. I dropped down, still gasping for air until someone notices me and called the police.

I was feeling better when I had noticed the man with the cellphone in his hands. I couldn't go to the hospital. I touched my bag, worried that the police would see me, so I ran away. I could hear that man calling for me. I ran with my hardest until my ribs started to hurt. 

After the whole day of giving and receiving, I went home. I was very, very tired. I even told Danial about what happened to me today. All he said was to go to the doctors tomorrow to get checked out. 

Maybe he's right... I should go to the doctors tomorrow. 


© 2011 Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011


Author

Writer
Writer

Brooklyn, NY



About
I enjoy writing these kind of stories. Please excuse all my grammar or spelling mistakes ^^ My style of writing is pretty...traditional I guess. I do not like to squeeze everything together; for ex.. more..

Writing
Abnormal. Abnormal.

A Book by Writer


Our Love Story Our Love Story

A Story by Writer