Food,mhm.

Food,mhm.

A Poem by CRZ
"

There's a different type of food I'm talking about guys aha

"
Eyes are low , eyes are dilated
I ate only 6 hrs ago
Yes, my mood is agitated

2 more hrs passed
Stomach is churning
Tongue is turning
The images in my head are vivid and full of horror 
Because 
The pie of pizza is burning 
My appetite wish it was
learning 

The sweetness and icy of this cake
But is time to wake 
UP 
cause I was stuck in my mind
full of craves and emptiness

I guess this is how I feel about the world and food 
I've missed.

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sounds like a diet. When genetics have so much to do with body shape, size and metabolism, I am rather annoyed that science's only answer for us is: "ok, fatso, you're on a diet." What a myopic and punitive discipline for folks who are already suffering from low self-esteem, skewed body image thoughts, crippling social anxiety and the concrete feeling that it is indeed because they are BAD people. I can gain weight on 900 calories a day -- with exercise. I had gastric bypass and experienced two years of bliss as a "normal" person. But then catastrophic events caused me to turn mindlessly to my drug of choice, food. No excuses -- it is my fault. Egad, didn't mean to holler from my soapbox so much! You see, it's a GOOD poem that can get me all riled up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi Jazz...I am trying to maintain a balanced diet....but your great words inflicted the temptation to eat Pizzaaaaaaaa............... I wanna eat it....In fact, this is what literature meant for...It must make non-living things alive to those who read. A wonderful write...Thanks for sharing it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Can see that food was heavy on your mind!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good expression of a person who has begun dieting! Though, fortunately, I haven' t gone through that phase, given that I have never put on much weight, but from the experiences of my acquanitances, i can say how miserable it feels! Well written :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah, such insatiable contempt I find myself thinking of the foods you mention in this piece unless it's the other food that is mention of which our thought seem to may not be in the same corner then! Haha. Though hey, food is one that is never for the thought as if our thoughts of pizza and cake mean little to the worldly desire that is our thought. So much food for it yet we never feed ourselves from it or even under feed ourselves from it! For is it the worldly food of which we must be nourished with healthily? Or is the food that requires our thoughts to process that we took a "break"? Or is the food of lust that made its way around our inner desires that make us hunger for more of it! Hmm...beautiful piece for sure! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


..hehe.. that was nice one..
This reminded me of one of my friends.. who says me many-a-times....
'I don't eat to live instead I live to eat'

Well this definitely is tempting.... when food is all around in your mind..and not in your mouth :P


Posted 10 Years Ago


A clever metaphor for the other type of food you were talking about.. :O)

:O)



Posted 10 Years Ago


Diets suck = but your poem is great. Very creative, well written. :) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Haha I understand! Nice poem!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sounds like someone who is on a diet of many sorts and the dreams are trying to show you that you have longing in your life. I like the idea of this poem. So close yet so far away.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This made me hungry XD. Good poem

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1000 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013
Tags: food, life, crave, analogy

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..