The shade of my shades

The shade of my shades

A Poem by CRZ

The shade of my shades

Protects me, where no light can invade

The shade of my shades

Lets my anger be trapped behind tinted glasses!

The shade of my shades

Where my eyes close and my pupils just lay .

The shade of my shades

Creates a alter ego. It may be colored black but it doesn’t mean it’s evil

The shade of my shades

The precious shades I got after I got paid

The shade of my shades

Where the world is dimmed down from all the chaos and I’m no longer lost .

The shade of my shades

For the world to understand my point of view is what I crave.

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are many reasons we put on shades....not necessarily to hide, but as protection. - love the line it may be colored black but it doesn't mean it's evil. There is so much between the lines of this poem. Very creative and thought provoking.

:) Julie


Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Seems like the shade of your shades is or has become a haven of sorts that protects you against as you say, 'the chaos of the day'! You can look out with any emotional eye expression you feel but, no one can see what you are feeling, through your eyes. There is no tell-tale give-away, shade of your shades! The hook here is why! Why don't they see and understand the world as you see it? CRZ, we will never be able to answer that question, no one will. It is part of man's inhumanity to man!



Posted 9 Years Ago


Such an interesting poem here. I know what it means, and I do it too. I hide behind my shades as well, from the chaos around me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow
loved the careful and well meant thoughts displayed :) really originative work.

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very nice, CRZ. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


hmm, interesting, a lot of emotion and thought comes out in these few simple lines

Posted 10 Years Ago


⊰ℛℛ⊱
Reading this reminds me of the shades I wear when I'm in the sun. I have these super-dark wrap-around sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses. I'm on these meds that make me sensitive to bright lights and it physically hurts my eyes to be in sunlight.

And - I am not necessarily out for the world to understand my point of view at all. I think I go through life best in the world without really entirely knowing what the point of things are, just that, they are there, they work, and life goes ever on. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the visual effect of this piece as well as the actual words themselves. The repetition is almost lyrical and I could quite easily see this as lyrics to an acoustic tune. Great piece

Posted 10 Years Ago


where the world is dimmed down from all the chaos. Loved that line.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting POV CRZ, shades can most definitely come in handy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


the form affected me instantly. i like it. love those shades...they let me hide in peace. :)
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1317 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e