Soul Session 2

Soul Session 2

A Poem by CRZ

Feel like I'm trapped within my own thoughts. My dreams and aspirations are opening these rusting shackles upon my inner being. But then these doubts and tribulations bring these new titanium chains, it smells fresh and even stronger now.
I know I'll break them soon to see another come soon. Well I hope I'll be different by then.
One corner is filled with light and the positives, the other one is dark and gloomy

    But I'm not in neither sides. Body is in the dead center. The physical is doing alright. 

It's the soul... you see the soul is a boomerang. Goes over there and makes its way back. 
See I'm just afraid that my boomerang will leave and never come back 
  

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An interesting write... I see this as a purging piece of prose that really shows your emotional depth and the honesty that you use to craft your observations. Being trapped within ones own thoughts...I've been there. In the end, I believe there is light and dark within us all, and as you put it, the "soul is a boomerang", that spins between both planes.

Only suggestions would possibly be on form and a little grammatical content. I think if you put this together in a few stanzas with a few shorter lines the impact would be more rich. You have a great conceptual mind, though...your art shines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The soul is a boomerang...interesting concept, and an interesting write overall. It feels very precarious, as in, like you said, your trapped and your looking for a way out. But the road is dangerous.

Posted 10 Years Ago


many years ago I felt something like this...not a good feeling...well done prose and very raw emotion

Posted 10 Years Ago


You really conveyed the feeling of being stuck in a place that is neither good nor bad Jason but fear permeates the whole write and I suppose its what your chains are made of and not Titanium but just as hard to break.
You wear your heart on your sleeve here,which is brave. Paradoxical.


Posted 10 Years Ago


you really caught my attention with the thought and apt words just take care of the font size nice write

Posted 10 Years Ago


I enjoyed it a lot, especially the last lines, great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Are we not entitled to find the soul that is resting peacefully as we are thrown into the darkness? For sometimes even in the deepest places of our soul therein lies the one that has slept all their life. It is one that has listened to cries, laughs and angers thrown around the room but it never wakes up. Why? It needs love, it's wakening spell is those four letters that shine in the dark. Whereas hope is the one that will help continue to light it out for those around us to see."

"Inspiration like hope will glow in the dark and even as dim in the darkest caves there a sliver of a beautiful light will shine again for us to see. This is why they call it a bright future."

(That's my way of giving you a review. I hope it's not weird for you but yes this is my style. :) )

Posted 10 Years Ago


Emotional written
this is what i call poeticprose
really nice written palx
i really lked it

Posted 10 Years Ago


The answer to your riddle is simple stop throwing your soul into the darkness, keep it in the light where you can see it fly. Peace bro.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great concept and the use of boomerang as a metaphor for the soul is a very nice one. Good use of alliteration.
If I may make a suggestion line breaks would make this much more powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


⊰ℛℛ⊱
Throwing a boomerang is a trust, CRZ. If you don't throw it hard enough, it won't return. If you throw it too hard, it'll clout you in the back in the head. You have to throw it - just - right - to have it return perfectly to you.

There is a balance to it, a lot like life really. And remember, no-one can make you a prisoner of their ways unless you allow them to. Be strong. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

910 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..