Soul Session 2

Soul Session 2

A Poem by CRZ

Feel like I'm trapped within my own thoughts. My dreams and aspirations are opening these rusting shackles upon my inner being. But then these doubts and tribulations bring these new titanium chains, it smells fresh and even stronger now.
I know I'll break them soon to see another come soon. Well I hope I'll be different by then.
One corner is filled with light and the positives, the other one is dark and gloomy

    But I'm not in neither sides. Body is in the dead center. The physical is doing alright. 

It's the soul... you see the soul is a boomerang. Goes over there and makes its way back. 
See I'm just afraid that my boomerang will leave and never come back 
  

© 2013 CRZ


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An interesting write... I see this as a purging piece of prose that really shows your emotional depth and the honesty that you use to craft your observations. Being trapped within ones own thoughts...I've been there. In the end, I believe there is light and dark within us all, and as you put it, the "soul is a boomerang", that spins between both planes.

Only suggestions would possibly be on form and a little grammatical content. I think if you put this together in a few stanzas with a few shorter lines the impact would be more rich. You have a great conceptual mind, though...your art shines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This reminds me of karma. But then, your piece shows the soul centered between the dark and the light. Is it inevitable that the soul will be pulled towards one or the other, or does the soul make a conscious choice to move? A boomerang is thrown, so some free will must participate in this. And if a boomerang travels in a circular or ovoid pattern, it must return to you, mustn't it? Surely the path of the boomerang cannot extend beyond a finite boundary -- unless Thor is throwing the boomerang. Very interesting analogy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


What goes around comes around, or something like that. I liked this, locked inside of your thoughts, wrapped up tight as dreams sneak past and wave as we reach, trying to make some sense of it all, and then it happens again. Very cool my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The soul as a boomerang, that's brilliant! The feeling of frustration is palpable here, good luck with those titanium chains though, nicely pen'd, love this style of yours!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Trapped inside your own mind...chained within your emotions...bouncing between light and dark...wow.
You have a wonderful way of seeing, and showing your audience what you have seen.
Bright, brilliant, beautiful write!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The boomerang does eventually come back. it may take a little while and need to be caught by your guardian angel and then sent back to you.

Nice words.



Posted 10 Years Ago


The thought of losing one's soul is never pleasant feeling. Breaking the shackles that imprison us,ah, now there is enlightenment!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Can feel the strong urge for transformation in these words. May be it is a call for ever elusive salvation.
But it is written in singularity between body and soul.

Posted 10 Years Ago


An interesting write... I see this as a purging piece of prose that really shows your emotional depth and the honesty that you use to craft your observations. Being trapped within ones own thoughts...I've been there. In the end, I believe there is light and dark within us all, and as you put it, the "soul is a boomerang", that spins between both planes.

Only suggestions would possibly be on form and a little grammatical content. I think if you put this together in a few stanzas with a few shorter lines the impact would be more rich. You have a great conceptual mind, though...your art shines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

908 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sweet Talk Sweet Talk

A Poem by s y e