Hearts of Souls

Hearts of Souls

A Poem by Stonz P.
"

a Senryu collective

"

sea far from the shore

where saline waves desert the

lonely hearts of souls


in this loneliness

melancholy is our friend

into that silence


take me far away

from tragic separation

broken dreams conjured


that hushed solitude

when joy comes with whispers of

forlorn memories

© 2017 Stonz P.


Author's Note

Stonz P.
All the stanzas are Senryu of their own, following a '5-7-5' scheme.

Imagine a triangle with more triangles inside it. We've seen those puzzles, right? Similarly, that's the no. of ways you can find to read this poem.

Each verse can be read 'Up --> Down' and vice-versa separately; collectively the whole poem offers varying experiences and can be read from either end too.

Please read and review my experiment :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The stanzas look like waves; i really love that-- clever!
Going to the beach always makes me melancholic...i have never really thought of the reason, but this poem pretty much sums it up.

I don't know whether the speaker is just comforted by the presence of the sea or wants the sea to take him/ her away into its unknown depths...whichever it might be, the way it is expressed here is quite beautiful.

Posted 6 Years Ago


yes, they are Senryu of their own, but the relate nicely to form a story...solitude being our only friend--the broken dreams that ride on waves, an ocean of sleep...
we poets hear those whispers often...and thus moves the pen, or the keys.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stonz P.

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Jacob for your insight :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 24, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017

Author

Stonz P.
Stonz P.

Lakhnau, India



About
Must you even try to know a soul that has nothing to confide even if you deny it the right to be a fly be free free from your questioning eyes expecting cries when the soul is nothing but a .. more..

Writing
The Choice The Choice

A Poem by Stonz P.