Chapter 1: Vorra the Witch

Chapter 1: Vorra the Witch

A Chapter by Eugenio Rodriguez
"

A chapter setting up the character of Vorra

"

The Vault " Chapter 1 " Vorra the Witch

 

 

This is the story of a group of guardians, who unknowingly put their lives on the line; some for knowledge, some for glory, really only one for treasure, but mostly knowledge and glory. Many guardians take on difficult missions for gear, and bragging rights. But Stories tell of one place that no guardian dares to set foot. The fabled “Vault of Glass”, a sanctum that lies somewhere on Venus, untouched by Guardian hands. Many have tried, but none have returned. The Vault awaits a group of worthy warriors, brazen and brave enough to unlock it’s secrets.

                “FULL HOUSE A******S!” shouted Vorra, a female awoken. “Read it and weep…the pot’s mine”

With a smile from cheek to cheek, she placed both her arms on the table and cradled the pile of glimmer that rested in the middle of the table, and pulled it towards her. Vorra couldn’t remember the last time she had an actual winning streak that didn’t require shifting the odds in her favor. She would go to many clubs and leave with a bigger debt than when she arrived. She pays them off by appraising treasures she finds in her travels.  Most of the “treasure” she finds is mostly garbage. Spinmetal shaped into birds, spirit blossom bouquets, she is a very creative spirit, let down by the company she keeps around her.

                Vorra’s celebration is cut short, by a hand placed on her shoulder. “A good win witch, it’ll help a lot with your debt”. Said the voice behind Vorra. She slapped the hand off her shoulder, letting go of her pile of glimmer.

                “Don’t touch me” ordered Vorra.  “This is my glimmer, that I won fair and square”.

                “No one is arguing that you cheated, simply put whatever you won just now, belongs to Atilla the Don” said the shady man behind Vorra.

                “Not so fast wise guy…She owes money to Ice Club, he takes priority over whatever shrink dink operation you run” said another voice, coming from another man behind the man behind Vorra.

                “Slow your roles gentlemen, we all know who really calls the shots” said another voice, belonging to another man, standing behind the other man, standing behind the man, standing behind Vorra.

                “I’ll let you guys sort this out” Said Vorra, who was standing behind the man, standing behind the other man, standing behind the man who was standing behind the chair once occupied by Vorra.

                She gave a salute, and with the blink of an eye, she was gone. She had teleported out of the club, leaving behind a dark mist. An ability associated with crafty hunters, and Voidwalkers. Warlocks who manipulate the power of the void to destroy their enemies. In this case used to get out of paying gambling debts.

“WITCH!” shouted all three of the men in unison, as they ran to the exit. Vorra could hear them through the windows. And to be honest her feelings were only a little bit hurt.

                It had been a word she was accustomed to hearing.  She has broken the hearts of many men, women, and some people in between.  It doesn’t help that she just fits the profile of a witch. Black makeup, black robes, striped socks, a stray cat she feeds she feeds occasionally. All she’s missing is the hat. Vorra doesn’t really take care of herself, but she manages.

 

                The group of man ran out of the building, and looked around them. “Where’d she go?” said the first man.

                “I’ll check the spaceport.” Said the second man.

                “I’ll go around the block, someone must’ve spotted her” said the last man.

But Vorra was already long gone.

 



© 2014 Eugenio Rodriguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on November 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014
Tags: Destiny, fic, warlock