Close But No Cigar, The Final Chapter

Close But No Cigar, The Final Chapter

A Story by Curt Woodie
"

There is no substitute for a good bob n' weave...

"

     First, a quick recap: Curt screwed Allison, Allison saved Curt; Curt screwed Paige and Gina dropped a bomb. Now back to our regular scheduled program; already in progress.

     My girlfriend Gina had gotten a new job and was going to start working with me…and Paige, the next day. I quickly realized I had three options. One, come clean with Gina about Paige and hope for the best. Two, pack my s**t and move away before morning. Three, sit tight and hope for a fourth option. OK, I had one option.

     “So, you start tomorrow?” I asked Gina as calmly as possible while suppressing an all-out anxiety attack. “Yes, I have to report to the restaurant at four o’clock to start training,” she replied. Just then a warm beam of light from heaven cast down all over me as the sweet voices of angels sang in unison, “Ahhhhhhh.” Option four, I didn’t know what it was yet, but I was just given another twenty-four hours to figure it out. Paige got off work around two in the afternoon, and Gina wasn’t going in to start her training until four. I didn’t know many of the evening employees, so I figured I was safe for at least another day. Hallelujah!

     The next day, I weighed the evidence and decided on a course of action: Do nothing. I had a couple of things in my corner. First of all, I had already let my relationship with Paige die a slow death a few weeks prior. Also, Gina was going to work all evenings and Paige was going to continue to work all mornings, so they may never work together. And I sure as hell wasn’t going to tell anyone Gina was my girlfriend. So by the time the rumor mill had worked its magic, I could write off any story Gina may have heard to, just that, a rumor. Time was my new best friend and, after a few weeks, I was able to breathe again. And I learned a couple of valuable lessons from all of this. First of all, don’t panic and secondly…uh, (I'm sure there was something else).

© 2012 Curt Woodie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on April 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 2, 2012
Tags: relationships, humor, dating, cheating, college, funny

Author

Curt Woodie
Curt Woodie

OH



About
Author of the popular website Better Off Not Knowing.com more..

Writing