Fake

Fake

A Poem by Cynthia

What if my life is just a waste of time? Just wasting time......


It seems I have no real friends, its just fake. Fake smile ; fake laugh; fake secrets; fake handshakes......

There is nothing I can tell them, they just laugh and bully me, and with no encouraging. I don't mean they should play fair, but I don't want to be hurt ever again, not even once.

© 2011 Cynthia


Author's Note

Cynthia
its not as poetic as I think it'll be, cause its nothing I can explain, and I am feeling so hurt whenever I look back, and I just wanna to cry so much!
I don't know should I write more so you really know whats going on, but just... whatever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No, you've done well to put it over in this piece, my dear. Poetry and other forms of art, to include paintings, sculptures, songwriting, musical compositions, and etc., are the mediums by which we express our spiritual selves. In other words, whatever we feel inside is what is reflected in our creations. Don't ever be ashamed of that. Self expression is a form of therapy, just like 'confession is good for the soul', and all that jazz.

As for my comments on this piece you've written ...
Your life is not a waste of time. Everything that happens, happens for a reason; we just don't always know what that reason is, and it's not for us to know until the right time. Everything that happens is part of lessons that have to be learned.

Friends are very hard to come by, but treasure them whenever you've found them. True friends are those who give to you without you ever having to ask, who do not ask for anything in return for their kindness. Fake friends are the ones who pretend on the outside to be our friends, and when the going gets tough, they get going and you turn round to find yourself naked and alone.

Don't ever share your secrets until you are sure you can trust someone. I say this because it's happened to me all too often ... where I will spill my soul - lay it bare before someone and then they just use it all against me - every word until my entire life is destroyed. Not only will common folk do this, but so will the press (news media, paparazzi - to mention just a few terms, and also a few others that come mind that I dare not mention because I'm a lady... lol)

Fear of being hurt - yes, that's something I'm very familiar with. But without pain we would not know joy...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have this way of saying in poetry what i say in prose. I wrote on this...a story called friendship.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an interesting piece of prose poetry. I like that it's not too specific, but it gives the reader enough to understand the general feeling. The last line is powerful because it left me wondering what hurt the narrator first.

I felt that "with no encouraging" is at a bit of an odd spot since you mentioned bullying before that. I don't think that encouraging is a qualifier that would ever be added on to bullying. Maybe you could place the "encouraging" part elsewhere or remove it altogether.

Cheers,
JA

Posted 13 Years Ago


In life you will find many acquaintances and a few good, true friends, remember, real friendship is a two way street; someone who looks down at the world from their smug pseudo superiority is ignorant and not worthy of your friendship. There are lots of self righteous, sanctimonious fakes in the world; they are merely human cockroaches, not worthy of notice.. When someone bullies you, they are revealing their innate inferiority. Bullies by their very nature know they are not worthy of friendship, so they tend to run in packs, because they are also cowards. When they say something cruel to you, ACT like you are vaguely amused, slight smile and shake your head slightly, like you do when a little brother does something gross but funny and you don't want to encourage them by laughing at them.
Bullies will not play fair, they are cowards; when they try to get to you, just consider the source, do you really care what a cockroach says or thinks?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the non poetic feel to it. It fits the topic very well. You should keep it that way.
You write truthfully. I know how this feels, like life is so fake, that nobody cares. But don't give up, trust me, it's gets better!
Hold on there! A heartfelt write!


Posted 13 Years Ago


I hope you feel better. I believe a poem is just expressed feelings (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


i know exactly how you feel and i love poems like this, from the heart, that help you better understand people and all. very good, very good indeed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well anything can be a poem, it doesn't always have to have a particular rhythm or meter. good thoughts though, we can all relate I think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


we all feel this way at some point in our life but i can tell you that it doesn get better!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww I'm sorry. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

865 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011

Author

Cynthia
Cynthia

Hong Kong



About
Sorry everyone, but I didn't go on this site regularly, I also turn off my read request, but will be up as soon as I find this site... worth spending time on Hello! My name is Cynthia, I'm from Ho.. more..

Writing
Did I? Did I?

A Poem by Cynthia


I'm Sorry... I'm Sorry...

A Poem by Cynthia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trouble Trouble

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Pictures Pictures

A Poem by sarah