Lead Me

Lead Me

A Poem by Cynthia

I didn't use to think of death,
but you bought me there,
I was facing death,
alone... cause you weren't here,
I couldn't see your face,
fill with confident and proud,
I couldn't gain strength,
without you there.

I didn't use to think of death,
but you bought me there,
and then you were gone,
left me hopeless,
but I couldn't blame you,
you had your own business,
I was weak and fragile,
only if I am lost,
without you there.

Please do come back,
I didn't know how,
was I going to stop breaking,
how was I supposed,
not to break,
without you there.

Would you tell me where you were?
Just give me some strength,
to lead me far far away,
from the darkness...

© 2011 Cynthia


Author's Note

Cynthia
Something I think of, without a reason...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ooo.. i really like this. I can feel the pain through the words here..
yeah..its hard when that person we need the most in our life isn't there to support us. But we seek strength either way. The longness for someone is very well shown. Great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

VERY nice, loved this. pulls on the heartstrongs. nicely done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A true sign of a good writer .... nice job !

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a really good poem, Great thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow--this is amazing. Probably the best poem that you have wrote yet and will be added to my favourites! There are some BRILLIANT lines in here, I was going to tell you my favourite, but then I realized that they all are like my favourite so it would pretty much be copying the whole poem in here, so I'll refrain.

I noticed one mistake while reading it--fill with confident and proud. That should be, full of confidence and pride -- :)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for posting this.

Keep writing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Death is a funny topic with me. In the Native American belief. Death is always close and waiting. I like the feel and emotion of this poem. A very good ending to a very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


We all at some point in our lives think of death, and where we go after, but you are far to young to be contemplating this dark subject, though the poem was good and well thought out I feel....lets see some happy stuff :O)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is extremely sad work.
You really tugged at the heart strings.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a dark poem. Sometimes people can lead us onto those dark paths. But we gotta rise above! You can't just wait hoping for them to lift you, or else you'll be stuck.
It's a hard place to be sometimes! It hurts and feels like there's no escaping, know the feeling!
I love your poetry, it's getting stronger and stronger every time I read. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's kind of heart-breaking to a girl like me. It's really heart-breaking that when the time we need people to support us, but there was no one. It's really loniess. Anyway, nice job on this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this sounds like it can be turned into a song. I imagine a very beautiful song. i really liked the way you started the first 2 stanzas with the same 2 lines. that adds emotion and reittereates (is that how you spell it?) the lost and confusion.
overall, i really liked it. well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on February 28, 2011

Author

Cynthia
Cynthia

Hong Kong



About
Sorry everyone, but I didn't go on this site regularly, I also turn off my read request, but will be up as soon as I find this site... worth spending time on Hello! My name is Cynthia, I'm from Ho.. more..

Writing
Did I? Did I?

A Poem by Cynthia


I'm Sorry... I'm Sorry...

A Poem by Cynthia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT