A Letter to Samuel

A Letter to Samuel

A Chapter by Cynthia Green

A Letter to Samuel

 

Samuel was in her room, placing things inside boxes and moving them to the attic. Her mirror was surrounded by Polaroid photos, all of them were Samuel and Harley’s. And beside it was a wall, covered with Post-it notes of love quotes. They were of pink and red. In the middle was a yellow pad paper, folded three times and held by a masking tape. His name was written in big, bold letters, and sketches of dandelions were acting as decorations around it. SAMUEL. He took it, and opened it with hesitation, his hands slightly shaking.

 

Sam,

 

Just the sound of your name can send chills over my body. But I never admitted that to you. I never told you the truth. I never told you that I love you.

 

And I regret it, up until this day of my death. Although by the time you read this, it would be years or months after I’m gone. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about my last remaining hours here on earth.

 

 I wish I could live longer and spend the rest of my life with you. I wish I could wear a wedding dress and you would be before me when I say my vows. I wish I could reach the day when you and I will be sitting by the fire, and I would listen to your endless stories. I wish we could have kids. I wish we could live happily ever after, just like what I dreamt of having. But somehow, dreams can’t come true always if you have something more important to fight for.

 

Finally, I wish I could spend one last day with you - just one last day before I die, one last day to tell how much I love you. But a day wouldn’t be enough. I’ve always longed that we could grow old together. From forgetting what day of the week it is, to the point where I can’t reach the floor anymore. However, I didn’t last that long for us to be peacefully living under the same roof together.

 

What lasted long, was my love. Longer than the days of my life.

 

I cannot make this letter anymore longer though. Once I start, I can never control my feelings anymore. I can’t cry, because I have to be happy that I would settle my last day with someone that I truly love �" with you.

 

I want to let you know that I love you so. I love you more than anything in the world. And now it’s too late for me to say this, because you love Julie more than anything in the world, too. I already know that from now you will have a better future with her than you will have with me. Even so, I love you more. And to the most of what life brings.

 

Always,

Harley

 

From the only Harley he should have loved. To those last words, water started to form behind his eyes. He tried to stop them from falling. But no matter what it took him, a tear passed his cheek and dropped on the wooden floor of her room. “Harley, you never knew.”



© 2013 Cynthia Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on October 6, 2013
Last Updated on October 6, 2013
Tags: romance, love story, short story, cynthia green, seed head, teen fictions, dandelions, wishes


Author

Cynthia Green
Cynthia Green

About
❝ Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just need one person.❞ — Kermit the Frog pen name || c y n t h i a g r e e n || Short Story.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Cynthia Green


Two Two

A Chapter by Cynthia Green


Three Three

A Chapter by Cynthia Green