Swing

Swing

A Poem by Chris Zahar

 

Der Meister: You angry little s***s got nothing on me.

Singing in the gutter,

dancing with your flees.

Suck me, suck me.

The world needs a hero

Die Tanzers: Schwarze Milch der Abends,

wir trinken nur einmal.

 

Der Meister: Blew a kiss to the sun,

and watched it burn.

Don't really care what I didn't learn. .

Come on children, dance,

get your dinner.

Die Tanzers: Schwarze Milch der Abends,

Wir trinken Sie immer.


Der Meister: Can't have an iron fist without an iron smile.

I scream,

you scream,

we all scream

Die Tanzers: HEIL!!!

Der Meister: And when you've got to eat, kids,

it can't matter how.

Die Tanzers: Schwarze Milch der Abends

Küss unsere Mauls.

 

Der Meister: Put a kick in your goosestep, vulture feed,

can't get to Heaven if you're not on your knees.

One step,

two step,

it's all about the new step

Die Tanzers: Schwarze Milch der Abends

warum schmeckst du wie Granite?


Der Meister: Twirl, twirl, until you all fall down,

Ashes, ashes,

and not a sound.

The men look like women,

the women look like w****s.

Die Tanzers: Schwarze Milche der Abends

Wir trinken Sie nicht mehr.

© 2008 Chris Zahar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have so much to say.

First the format:
The master and the dancers are the characters we now have presented before us in almost a screenplay format. Here it is, none of it's real, but all of it is pretty and you'll keep watching. Because we are not interested in talent, after all we are interested in pizazz, why do you think there have been no overweight winners of american idol? cause beat it out as skillfully as you can, chica, you're still not going to sell diet shakes to ten year olds. You angry little s***s got nothing on me.
Singing in the gutter,
dancing with your flees.
Suck me, suck me.
The world needs a hero.

this has a very "drink from me and live forever" feel to the stanza. Singing in the gutter Dancing with your fleas intone celebrating where there is nothing to celebrate and smiling where you should be facing the pain this forced optimism is cemented by 'suck me suck me' as in to draw from this master in hopes of finding the strength to stand on you own. As we all know, hope is the most dangerously wielded weapon. suck off of me, serve me, and you may wake up a hero.

Black Milk of the evening, we drink to you once: Just a little step, just a little bit of servitude, no one will notice and no one will care, and my morals are only slightly negotiated...

Blew a kiss to the sun,
and watched it burn.
Don't really care what I didn't learn.
Come on children, dance,
get your dinner.

Blew a kiss to the sun, and watched it burn. Saw talent, saw something beautiful and didn't give it a care in the world.
Don't really care what I didn't learn. Don't know or don't care because it did not instantly taste like King or smell like Rowling
Come on children, dance, get your dinner. Feeding the servants, fattening where the money is and encouraging the dependancy on our capitalistic nature

Black milk of the evening, we drink you always. why let go now? it works, I suckle the pig, I'm fed and I have no reason to look elsewhere

Now my favorite Stanza:
Der Meister: Can't have an iron fist without an iron smile.
I scream,
you scream,
we all scream
Die Tanzers: HEIL!!!
Der Meister: And when you've got to eat, kids,
it can't matter how.

Can't have an iron fist without an iron smile The force and the charisma are undaunting and unchallenged, to the point that you worship them for giving you an internship, or worship them for looking over your work, no mutual respect, no complex and equally integral web. I scream you scream we all scream heil! has such a fantastic flow to it, you slip right into it and scream heil in your head because after all we all scream, at some point.
And when you've got to eat, kids, it can't matter how. and once again the dependancy, you need it, how can you remember a life without it? You can't now prey up on it. Black milk of the evening, kiss our mouths. be affectionate, be kind, so we can turn our heads to the fact that eventually your servitude may not be enough.

Put a kick in your goosestep, vulture feed,
can't get to Heaven if you're not on your knees.
One step,
two step,
it's all about the new step.

Fun and games are over put up or put out or or put in, whatever your compromise was is now your bread and butter. You can't get to Heaven if your not on your knees (so well placed) sounds like such an inarguable point, though inherently wrong, after all prayer is the most self serving function of faith. Dance, dance, Tanzers and put out what sells. Black milk of the evening, why do you taste like granite? Because there is no more pleasure in the work or the art, just the desire to produce before a deadline so you can make the payment on your new boat.

Twirl, twirl, until you all fall down,
Ashes, ashes,
and not a sound.
The men look like women,
the women look like w****s.
The thought that nothing lasts forever and eventually the engine will stall. The demasculation of our society seems prevalent to me here. Feminists and political correctness and gay rights activists (yeah i said it) castrating men, and objectifying women. SO set on not discriminating against an identity that we find ourselves with no identity at all, because we are no longer granted permission to acknowledge it.
The last line says it all.


Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 13 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow! Should I leave it at that... let me cruise up and read this a couple more times...

Der Meister: Blew a kiss to the sun,

and watched it burn.

Don't really care what I didn't learn. .


Favorite lines- they speak volumes to me, like they flew off the page...fantastic. Doesn't matter doesn't matter, living is what makes one, living laughing breathing feeling...fantastic.
and.....
Der Meister: Twirl, twirl, until you all fall down,

Ashes, ashes,

and not a sound.


Whew, wipes brow... I know I took the two parts out of context, I know they are parts of the whole, but they are wonderful. A sad piece, maybe maybe.. Terrific (I, too, am german, but don't know the language)



Posted 16 Years Ago


One summer, I went to visit my German roommate. I remember sitting around the dinner table at night . . .listening to the stories . . . not understanding a single word but laughing at the funniest stories I ever heard.

I remember sitting in a train station in Berlin one night . . . witnessing an explosion of anger by a skinhead . . . I swear he looked like he was on his way to Sunday school. I remember being glad that I couldn't understand his words. I remember the hate that shone in his eyes all because some 'low-class' foreigner dared to talk to two young women excited that he could show someone that he spoke English.

I didn't need to be able to read the words in German to feel the emotion of the words. The format is dizzying but works well to further your intent. I did find a type. Flees should be fleas.

Brilliant write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Felt a darkness when reading this. Possibly the Nazi influence created this - the rule of 'master and servant' for those of the hierachy of the party. Having said that there is still that distinction in todays society. I've never been to one but I'm guessing that table dancers at pole-dancing clubs are a similar type of concept.

Yeah, a worthy read and great piece of work.



Posted 16 Years Ago


Sorry it took me so long to get to this , and right now i'm pretty f****n out of it. But, I have to say it did quite amuse me, mostly because i read the one part wrong. Der Meister:


Der Meister: And when you've got to eat, kids,
it can't matter how.

I was thinking of someone actually eating a child until i re read it haha. Either way, good work...and this is probably the least helpful review you will ever get. Sorry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the zeal conveyed in the way "Der Meister" speaks - not a love for the performance, but for the conformity of "Die Tanzers." This is the clue that although you could read it as being about a very strict dance teacher, it reaches much further than that to make a statement on society at large. We are controlled, drilled to take nourishment from that which poisons us, to be on top of the newest trend, to be so overstated and our individuality so under-rated that we continue to dance because separating from the group mentality equals automatic ostracization. Nicely played - poetic and meaningful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


In German the plural is stated by the der or die .so one dancer would be der taenzer but more than one would be die taenzer


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Loved it how ever this is the correct spelling dear
Die T�nzer: Schwarze Milch des Abends,
wir trinken nur einmal.(1)

Die T�nzers: Schwarze Milch des Abends
K�sse unser Maul.(3)






Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

German is such a perfect language to convey anger - and cynicism too. I could totally see the portrayal of our society as an abhorration of hitler's reich. I'll have to agree with Amanda on my favorite line: Der Meister: Can't have an iron fist without an iron smile.
I scream,
you scream,
we all scream
Die T�nzers: HEIL!!!
The first sentence is pure genious.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chris' brain is way more advanced than Cats brain. : )
Personally, I appreciate the translations.
This was very interesting and different, as I think all your stuff is. Which is why I think you're brilliant. Not at all common. And look, you use your powers for good. Excellent!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh My. Wow. this is seriously seriously seriously brilliant.
Der Meister: Put a kick in your goosestep, vulture feed,
can't get to Heaven if you're not on your knees.
One step,
two step,
it's all about the new step.
Die T�nzers: Schwarze Milch der Abends
warum schmeckst du wie Granite?(4)
This is my favourite line out of this. its so powerful. and the way that you refer to children through the whole thing and use childrens nursery rhymes as a kind of format works so well. its actually kind of creepy in a way. like we are turning our children into mindless robots. now im actually kind of worried.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Chris Zahar
Chris Zahar

Uiwang, South Korea



About
I'm going to tell you one thing right now - YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AN A*S KISSING REVIEW FROM ME UNLESS YOU'VE EARNED IT!!! When I write a review, I tell it like it is. If it was great, I'll tell y.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chris Zahar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..