The star and the light

The star and the light

A Poem by Lord Da Crownsmeyer
"

A Poem dedicated to my friend " Sandra "

"
The glory and the fame Are made of the same. Some might like a bit Others might not at all. Like a song soon a hit Posted on every city's wall... The glory might laugh And fame may come to half, But light will never fade! That's how it's made. "La renommee" is a curse Like the beauty of a fine purse. That is fame without the light Like a bird without his wings; Whenever he's up to fly He falls to earth even in spring. Never forget the power of light! Never lose your weapon in fight! The glory and the fame Are almost always the same But light changes with the clock Until you forget your own block. And it will give pleasure to life, Away from cuts of knife. Christ said we are the light Blessed with sun which might Make a goose a french Princesse And a man a fine richesse! But darling you are no goose That's why you will never loose, Beauty, face and holy smile, Gift of stars and all the skies! You are the star of the Nile, Whose words are never lies! You are the best, and the rest In you should build their nest. For you are the star and the light That will shine for every night.



© 2010 Lord Da Crownsmeyer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your voice is beautiful throughout the whole piece. It hold profound meaning that not everyone can grasp. But that gives you a special way to see the world. I can see into your soul when reading this; It's a beautiful, pure soul. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2010

Author

Lord Da Crownsmeyer
Lord Da Crownsmeyer

Beirut, Ashrafieh, Lebanon



About
Challenged by the beauty of autumn red leafs, the music of the river water in the spring, the sun dance on my skin on summer time, and the white coat of the eternal snow on winter mountains... more..

Writing