She

She

A Poem by Phillip Francis
"

For my wife.

"

She rises before the sun, preparing her coffee, she glimpses at her schedule and cannot wait for the day to be done. 


The java is brewing, she takes a deep breath, then wakes up the children, nothing will break their bond, not even death. 


Adding the sweetener she fills up her cup, inhaling the aroma, she sets her mind at ease, breakfast is over, now time to clean up. 


The kids begin to bicker, she pulls them apart, “we work out our problems” she explains, “Think with your heart”.  


They put on their coats, and penetrate the crisp morning air, their legs begin to shiver, as they hustle to the car, she puts them in first, the little ones know how much she cares.  


As they begin the drive and all sing along, her mind begins to wander to the day ahead, this woman must be strong. 


She takes them to school, they say their goodbyes, the worst part of the day is over, so she travels to work, 8 hours seems forever, “it’s almost over” she lies. 


Shuffling paper, answering the phone, the clock seems still, all she does is keep moving, and listen to others moan. 


It’s finally over! 


The best part of her part of her day, she runs through the traffic, racing against time, she picks up the children joyful and gay. 


Now they’re on their way home, as their bellies begin to rumble, “ I can’t wait for supper” she can hear the children mumble. 


She willingly slaves to put warm food on the table, washes the dishes, thinks about dirty laundry, but not sure if she’s able. 


She helps them with homework, and shows them how to study, gets them ready for the shower, tucks them into bed, making sure they’re warm and cuddly. 


As her head drops to the pillow and gets ready to rest, she smiles contently, because every day she does her best. 

© 2016 Phillip Francis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of a poem I wrote a few years back - just getting through another busy day! My suggestion would be to type it out into a poem format so it's easier to read :) good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillip Francis

8 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time for reading my work and offering suggestions.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 12, 2016
Tags: Life, Children, Motherhood, Mother, Poetry, Family, Love