The Insomniac

The Insomniac

A Poem by Phillip Francis

Sleepless nights lead to implorable days, walking the streets as a vagrant. 
Lifeless in the eyes, fog clouds the brain, lethargically pushing through routine commuters.
Never truly awake nor ever truly at rest, pain is everlasting. 
Body depleted, time wasted the clock keeps ticking, as the mind slowly drips away. 
Fixated on the wall wrestling with emotion, life casually sliding by. 
Enjoyment is lost, depravity vigorously grows.
Death is creeping, slithering in the shadows, the television the only object that glows. 
Feeling helpless, there is no where to turn.
Willing to sacrifice anything to adhere to the stillness of the night. 


  

© 2016 Phillip Francis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Sleepless nights lead to implorable days' Sleep deprived and lacking what should be important, life has become drudgery. Sometimes a change is warranted. Insomnia has its own particular erosion of the soul.
Good write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


it isn't just about losing sleep...it is not being happy with what we are doing in life...maybe a 9-5 job that drives us crazy, wears us out, and yet we lose sleep because we toss and turn all night thinking about what if's and what we could or should have been doing instead.

well penned...

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2016
Last Updated on September 25, 2016