The Foster Girl

The Foster Girl

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

One Direction are doing all they can to reach out to fans. but what happens when they meet a girl who is truly special?

"

Chapter 1 ~ the Foster Girl

Niall

                “so why are we at a foster house?” Zayn asks Liam, who dragged us all here.

                “Because, One Direction is going to do all we can to give back to our fans. The head of this foster home contacted me saying there were multiple fans who are here because of a horrible incident that occored.” All of us just sit starring at him. “one girl in particular is turning seventeen in a few months. The head told me that her mom died giving birth to her, leaving her father and brother, who is only a year older than her, to take care of her.” He paused for a moment before continueing.

“ Three years ago, her father deployed to Iraq and had to leave her with family friends. A few months into the deployment he was killed in a bombing. She has not talked since the bombing to anyone other than her brother. Evidently, last year he was taken in by a foster family and they have been separated ever since.”

“so you think we can get her to talk?” Harry asks, confusion dancing over his face.

“well, they say she will sing, is a huge fan of ours, and constantly sings our songs.” He points to the guitar case next to me. “that is why I had Niall bring his guitar.” And with that he gets out of the limo, the rest of us following right up to the worn down wooden door. A few seconds after knocking, the door is tugged open by an evil looking older woman. Her old fashioned dress matches the old worn house.

“You must be that boy band, One Direction.” She says with a sour tone. We all nod. “right this way.” We follow her up the stairs, trying to not run into children running around, most only five or six. We follow her to the room at the end of the hall where she knocks loudly. “Kadessa, you have visitors.” A few seconds later, the lock on the door clicks, and the mean Woman pushes it open.

The girl sitting in the corner of the old metal bed is not who I expected. Her brown hair easily reaches her waist is in a high ponytail, excluding her slightly to long bangs that are swept to the side. The curls at the bottom overlap each other like waves crashing over one another. Freckles dance across her soft cheeks. She types away on a small computer, acting as if we are invisible. I take a second to look at the few posters of us hung on the dirty white walls.

“Kadessa, your visitors made time to see you. The least you could do is giving them some of your time.” Her fingers freeze on the keys and her eyes slowly turn up to us, locking on mine. The Hazel brown in the middle of her eyes stretch out to the mix of blue and green on the outside. We all waited for her to scream but she only curls the corner of her mouth into a small smile. “Well I have things to be doing.” And with that the mean ladies grey hair disappears from the room.

“Hello,” Liam speaks up after a moment of us all starring at each other. She quickly types something and turns the computer to us. All five of us lean forward to read her message. ‘Hi, I’m Kadessa and I think I am dreaming because One Direction is standing in my room.’ “Well, she has a sense of humor. We have been told about your story. We have been told that you enjoy singing our songs so we came to sing with you.”  She pats the bed, inviting us to sit and we all do. I lay my black guitar case down and pull out my guitar. Her simple jeans and baggy white t-shirt are worn and clearly don’t fit her right. She sets the computer down next to her and reaches for the guitar, motioning with her hands for me to give it to her.

“You know how to play?” the sound of my voice instantly brings a smile to her face. She simply nods, still reaching for the guitar. I hand it to her and she sits, crossing her legs in front of her and setting the guitar in her lap. She takes a few strums before starting More Than this, her voice joining is pure and sweet. I sing my solo with her, causing her to smile more as our voices combine perfectly. When she finishes the song, we all sit in silence.

“Wow, your good.” Louis breaks the silence. Harry smiles and starts flirting with her.

“Well, we are going to the beach after this, why don’t you come with us.” she takes a moment to think before grabbing her laptop and typing furiously. She turns the screen to us and again, we all lean in to read, ‘I would love to, but I don’t have a swim suit.’ “Well, we could get you one.” She looks hopefully at us and smiles. I quickly put away my guitar and we all head for the door. Once we get down the stairs, the mean old woman stops us.

“Where do you think you are going Kadessa?” she looks back at us for help.

“We are going to take her to the beach.” Louis tells her as if it’s obvious.

“No, you are not.” She snaps back. “She has to stay here.” We just stand there and tears start to form in Kadessa’s eyes, clearly wishing for some freedom.

“Run!” Zayn yells. We all stand there for a second, then with that we are running out of the door, making sure to keep Kadessa in front of us, and we pile into the limo. I end up sitting next to Kadessa and she laughs quietly as the woman waves an angry fist as we drive away.



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I jumped up and knocked over my chair when harry flirted w/ you! but he so would flirt though

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
XD At the very end where the woman waves angrily I thought of an old guy going "Get off my lawn you stupid kids!!!"

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like it even though I'm not really into 1D! BTW I'm dieing to see what dr. Evil did to aqua!!!!!(in elementals)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing
The Beach The Beach

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)