We Found Him

We Found Him

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

Kadessa finds her brother, but who finds her?

"

Chapter 5~ we found him

Kadessa

                Blonde hair and light chestnut eyes come into view as the door slides open. The woman is in her mid forties and still looks great in the simple sundress she wears.

                “Hi, how may I help you?” she asks, her voice on the edge of concern.

                “Is Jace home?” Niall asks, as if reading my mind. She takes a second to study each of us before slightly shaking her head. “When will he be?”

                “May I ask why you need to talk to him?” now the concern etched across her face.

                “Well,” Harry interrupts, gesturing to me. “This is His sister.” I wave slightly and manage to keep a smile on my face.

                “You’re Kadessa?” I nod. “Come in!” she pulls the door open and we file through the door. “Take a seat and I will bring in some tea and cookies.”  I sit on one couch between Niall and Liam with Zayn, Harry, and Louis sitting across from us. She emerges from a doorway with a tray of tea and cookies balanced in her hands.

                “Thank you misses…” Louis’s voice trails off.

                “Just call me Ann.” She says, setting the tray on the coffee table in front of us and sitting in a simple rocking chair. “Jace should be home from school in a few minutes.”  My face must show my anxiety because Niall gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. “You know he turns eighteen in a week.” I allow myself to nod. “He has been talking about becoming your legal guardian. When he turns eighteen he will be able to but has not been able to find the foster care you are in. lately he has been worried that you were adopted.”  

The sound of a key sliding into a key hole brings my head up to stare at the door. A boy only about a year older than me walks into the door. He is easily six feet tall with the same soft brown hair as my father, our father. He wears jeans and a matching blue button up. His blue eyes lock on mine and I feel the sibling bond I have missed so much.

“Jace!” I can’t help but yell his name. I let go of Niall’s hand, only to run into Jace’s arms. My arms wrap around his neck as his wrap around my waist. Tears I have struggled to keep hidden flood out with my admition.  Jace’s arms lift me of the ground and he twirls.

“Kadessa, I can’t believe it’s you.” he whispers in my ear. “How did you find me?” I pull back and wipe the tears from my eyes. My hand turns to point at the boys.

“They helped me.” I barely whisper so only he can hear.              

“Isn’t that the boy band you loved?” I nod and motion for the boys to join us. “Well, thank you guys so much, I have missed my baby sister so much.”  Jace’s lips grace my forehead in a brotherly way.  “You know the cops are looking for you right.” What? The police are looking for me? “The head mistress of the foster home reported you missing.”  I lean into Jace, unwilling to let go and leave. “I feel fresh tears flow down my cheeks. “Hey, don’t cry. I turn 18 in a week and I will be able to fill out the paperwork, then it should take up to a week before they go through.” Two weeks in that prison?

“Well, we are going to have to take her back.” Thank you Harry for stating the obvious.  No, they can’t take me back, I don’t want to go.

“Kadessa,” Niall’s hands come to rest on my shoulders. “We are going to have to too avoid getting in trouble with the authorities.” I shake my head against Jace’s chest. A nock at the door makes me jump. Jace turns to reveal a police officer standing in the open doorway.

“Miss Brant, we need to take you back to the foster home.” No! They can’t make me go back to that horrible place. I am not loved there; I have not been for a year. Niall makes me feel loved; any time we touch it brings this rush to my heart.

“Kadessa, it’s going to be ok.” Jace whispers reassuringly. I finally will myself to let go and walk over to the officer. His hand on my shoulder begins to lead me away from the only love I will ever get. My feet carry me away but my heart pulls back.

 The black and white car now sits in front of me, the back door opened for me. Cameras are poised at me, recording my every move. I can’t stop myself from looking back at the boys who are now standing in the grass the house sitting as their background. Their smiles are gone; the joy I usually see in their eyes has been put out. My heart and my mind still battle each other. Its only two weeks and I don’t want them to get in trouble, but they are the only love I have had in a year.

My heart wins. I turn out of the officer’s grip and the world seems to go in slow motion. My feet carry me right into Niall’s arms. I feel so safe in his arms, the world feels right.

“I will see you again.” I nod, confirming his words. “I promise I will find you.” I slide out of his arms and face the cameras, my feet walking back to the cop car as my heart fells like it has been left with Niall.



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


Author's Note

Kadessa (Kaddy)
please let me know whats good along with what could use some work!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey when is "Jaces" b-day?

Posted 10 Years Ago


That so sweet slash bad slash happy with her brother and all

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
I'm starting to cry~! Good job love~!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

LLN thx luv

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing