Those Weeks

Those Weeks

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

Kadessa struggles throught the days afyter leaving the boys. but what will happen when more bad news comes her way?

"

Chapter 6~those weeks

Kadessa

                The next two weeks seem like a blur to me. Food, stare at Niall posters, sleep. That’s all I really do now. I do remember when Niall stopped by the day after I was forced back here, bringing me my cloths. I was able to push past Ms.Bellum, the head of this foster jail, to hug Niall quickly. The little girls asked me to do a fashion show for them, and so I did because the smiles when they saw the dresses were unique and hardly seen.

                A knock at the door brings me out of my thoughts. Wait, it’s the middle of the night, who is still up. I cautiously step to the door and my fingers find the cool lock. The door squeaks in protest when I pull it open, only to find five year old Lilly.

                “Dessa,” oh ya, that’s my odd nickname because the younger kids could not say mine. “I had a night mare.” her soft grey eyes are brimmed with tears. I fold my knees and take her into my arms. Well guess I will have some company. As I lock the door her little voice pipes up again. “And I heard Miss Bellum talking on the phone. She was talking to someone about those one direction boys went on tour yesterday and left California.” What? My whole brain freezes, they left? “Dessa, don’t cry.” Only now do I feel the fresh tears dancing down my face. Tomorrow is my last day and then the adoption papers will finish and I will go home with him the next day. They left on tour, just left.  Move Kadessa, just get to the bed then you can let everything go. My feet shuffle on the cold wood floor and when I find my bed, my knees give out and I lay with Lilly wrapped in my arms, tears running down my face freely.

**************

                I don’t remember waking up, or getting dressed for that matter. Now I sit at the table in black skinny jeans and a white tank top that is fitted at the top and flows towards the bottom. I hardly taste the oatmeal I am eating as pain and numbness runs through me. They left me, he left me, Niall just left me.

                “And what is your problem?” Miss Bellum asks in a sour tone. My hands grip the now empty bowl as I think about all the lies all the pain. The shatter of white glass on the wall follows shortly after the bowl is thrown out of my grip. I look down at the scarred eyes of children who are going through allot of the same pain I am. I tear rolls down Lilly’s cheek, causing my knees to buckle and I slide down against the wall, crying into my hands. “Kadessa, do to your room,” Miss Bellum hardly whispers, that is until her temper breaks. “NOW!” she yells, the kids turning silent.

 My feet run silently along the squeaky wood floors as I make my way up the stairs, down the hall, and into my room. I unintentionally slam the door and my finger twists the lock. I lean my back against the door and slide down, wrapping my arms around my knees and crying into them. Why me? Why does this all have to happen to me?

**************

“Kadessa!” miss Bellum's fist pounds on the door, sending me running to my bed. I sit in the far corner and watch the door shake. “Come and eat dinner now! If you continue to refuse to eat I will have to turn you over to the hospital for starving yourself.” Well at least I will be out of here. “This is your last chance.” I wait till I hear her footsteps leave to pack all my cloths back into shopping bags and I pull the posters down as I hear miss bellum talking as she walks up the stairs. “She is in here and won’t come out, I can’t get in and I am scarred for her. She heard her boyfriend from that boy band had left on tour and lost it.”  Now she is worried about me. She just wants to look good for the cameras.

“Kadessa, I am a paramedic, my name is Lola.” I sit on the bed, staring at the door. “Can you please open this door?”  I slide my feet onto the cold wooden floor and shuffle quietly to the door. When the lock clicks, I run back to the bed, sitting between two bags of cloths. A woman with black hair and odd blue eyes walks in. “Kadessa, can you come with me to the hospital, we are going to keep you overnight just to make sure you are not forming an eating disorder.” I follow willingly to the ambulance and climb in.

**************

                I wake to find the curtains over the window have been pinned open, light barely gracing my face. I roll over to find Jace walking in through the door.

                “Hey,” is all he says. After awkwardly standing for a few minutes, he sits in a chair, pulled up close to the bed. “Why did you stop eating?”

                “He left me, just left.” I state as I sit up. “I thought I meant more to him.”

                “No, no, no.” he quickly stutters. “He wanted to ask you to come; all five boys wanted you to come. They refused to let him in to ask you, and Miss Bellum refused to let me call and tell you.” of course, just another thing she hid from me. “I was going to take you to London for the opening of their world tour.” Wait, what?

                “Really?!” I yell, Jace nodding in response. “Well, what are we waiting for?”

                “The hospital to release you into my care.” At that same moment, a nurse walks in with a tray of breakfast. Scrambled eggs sit on a plate with a bottle of sunny-d. I eat without really tasting and am done in minutes.

                “Ok,” the nurse takes the tray from me and turns to Jace. “Make sure she continues to eat and if there are any problems, let us know.” I hold in my joy till she leaves, only then do I run and hug a surprised Jace.

                “Well, your stuff is already in my car and we have tickets for eleven.” I look at the clock to see its nine thirty.

                “We need to go like now!” and with that, we are running down the hall.



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


Author's Note

Kadessa (Kaddy)
the picture are of these shoes i want sooooooooooo bad

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one her life is turning around and poor jace he was probably worried to deah

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ha thats AWSOME!!!! i want to read MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Oh really yyyaaaaaaayyyyyy at least it's not a no
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

thanks!!!!
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Ih wait this is a new one oh I haven't read this one yet but I will right now
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Awesome love~! I almost cried~!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing