the Aftermath

the Aftermath

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

Kadessa recovers from the night before.

"

Chapter 9~ the Aftermath

Kadessa

                I wake as the bed sinks beside me. My head is throbbing. I let out a small moan at the pain.

                “Did I wake you love? I am sorry.” Niall’s voice pipes up and I peel open my eyes to look up at him. I move my hand up to my forehead and let out a small moan. “Head ache?” I nod, trying to remember last night. “You had quite a bit to drink, and a fan tackled you, oh, and you beat the s**t out of her.” Oh yea, now I remember.  I slowly sit up, leaning back against the backboard of the bed. “Last night your eye was swollen a bit, but it looks better this morning. Here, take some aspirin, it will help with the head ache.” I take the pill from him and swallow it.  “Hungry?” I look at him like he's insane, receiving a small laugh in return. “Well, we have pop tarts in the kitchen.” He says, walking around the bed and offering his hand. I take it and can’t help but let the little curl of my lips. As I shift onto my right ankle, there is a pain that shoots through it. I fall back onto the bed.

                “Your ankle hurting?” I nod. “You were limping pretty bad last night.” great, I probably jacked up my ankle to. I now remember every detail of the fight clearly.

                I was holding Niall and Jace’s hands, my mind not fully there. Suddenly, I was tackled from behind, my ankle twisting painfully. She quickly rolled off of me, looking triumphant. I lunged at her and we rolled back and forth. She had landed a good punch on my left eye.  We continued to roll on the floor until Niall’s strong arm had hooked around my waist and pulled me up, keeping my feet off the ground. I remember fighting against Niall until he suddenly let me go and I had tackled her again, only for Jace to pull me off of her. That’s when Niall put me over his shoulder.

                I look up at Niall, tears clouding my eyes. “Kadessa, don’t cry my Love.” He says quickly, kneeling in front of me so I am looking down into his eyes. “It’s ok; you had every right to fight back. She tackled you and you defended yourself.”  His thumb comes up and gently brushes away the tear lying on my cheek. “Once we eat, we will go down to the doctors and have them look at your ankle, and then you get to meet my family.” I could not help but duplicate his smile. He leans up and his lips gently touch mine.

**************

 

                Niall opens the car door and Jace and him help me out. Niall quickly puts his arm around my torso and his other swipes under my knees, lifting me. I can’t help but giggle. Oddly enough, Niall and I both are wearing jeans. He wears a white t-shirt and I wear a white fitted t-shirt.

                “You know what, I love your laugh.” Niall says lightly in my ear. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek, receiving a small glare from Jace. When we walk in the door, the nurse at the front desk looks at us like it’s the first time she has seen teenagers. Then I realize the one direction necklace hanging over her soft purple shirt. Her blue eyes get big and she quickly covers her mouth to hold in a scream. The other woman sitting next to her quickly pipes us when her brown eyes see us.

                “Allie, they need you in the supply room.” her friend jumps up and runs down the hall. “So it really is Kadessa Brant, Niall’s girlfriend.” She says, slightly shaking her head, causing her high ponytail of brown hair to sway. “We didn’t think it really was you.”

                “Well, it is us.” The sound of Niall’s voice causes her to smile.

                “Ok, it will be just a few minutes, if you don’t mind waiting.” Niall turns, still holding me in his arms, and sits at the nearest chairs. I lay my head on his shoulder, nestling my forehead into his neck. While his right arm is still around my waist, his other comes up and gently stokes my hair that I left down today.  A tall doctor comes in and calls my name.

**************

                I use the crutches to hobble out of the doctor’s office, my ankle unable to hold weight for a week. Let’s just keep it simple and say I suck at using crutches. I hear a slight snicker behind me and turn to see both Niall and Jace covering their mouths. I glare at them and they only laugh more.

                “How about I carry you again.” Niall suggests. I nod like he’s stupid. Jace quickly takes the crutches and Niall swoops me off my feet, literally. As we walk through the parking lot, pictures snap left and right. I burry my head in Niall’s neck and wrap my arms around it, not wanting to think about paparazzi who think they are so sly. When we get to the car, Niall slides me into the passenger’s seat, willing me to sit up as I find myself suddenly tired. I hear the other doors shut and we begin driving.

                “Are you tired?” Jace asks from behind me. I let out a small hum in response. I feel Niall’s hand lightly rub my leg as I drift in and out of sleep.

                I feel arms slip around my torso and under my knees and I am lifted into the warm afternoon.  A woman’s voice calls out Niall’s name and footsteps near us. I try to open my eyes but can’t seem to.

                “Oh, how cute. Did she fall asleep?” her soft, warm voice asks now directly in front of us.

                “Yes Mum,” Niall’s voice pipes up right next to me. I feel him lean over to give her a kiss on the cheek.

                “Well, get inside and you can lay her in your old room.” I feel Niall shift under me as he walks.

                “Hey Niall!” a guys voice pipes up. Oh yeah, we were going to go to his house, that must be his brother and that was his mom. “Someone is tired after beating the crap out of a fan!” he exclaims. I hear Niall half laugh as he begins to walk up stairs.

                As I am gently laid on a soft bed, I will my eyes to slightly peel open. I meet Niall's soft, caring, eyes. His hand rests on my head, his thumb running over my forehead.

                “It’s ok love, just sleep.” I can’t help but slightly smile; I just love it when he calls me love. I let my eyes close again and drift off to sleep, Niall’s hand lovingly on my head until I am fully asleep.



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWWWW IT'S SO ADORABLE I WANT TO READ MORE!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jan

11 Years Ago

OOO!!! TAKE THE DEAL!!! And I agree
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Yea!!!!
Megan B.

11 Years Ago

OOOOHHHHH MY GLERB SOOOOO CUUUTTTEE!
Aww I love his family their very cute

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Awww~!!! So cute~!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing