Meet the Family

Meet the Family

A Chapter by Kadessa (Kaddy)
"

sorry its kinda short!

"

Chapter 9~ Meet the Family

Kadessa

                I wake to find the sun halfway down through the open window. I sit up and run my fingers through my long, slightly tangled hair. I look around at the white walls; the room is only about half bigger than my room at the orphanage. I hear laughter erupt downstairs but know I shouldn’t walk on my ankle. My eyes lock on the guitar on the right side of the bed and I quickly grab it. It is a simple wooden guitar that rests perfectly in my lap. I take a strum to find it is perfectly tuned. My fingers play across the wires as I play little things, quietly singing along.

                I stop right before Niall’s solo, thinking of how much my life has changed, and will continue to.

                “Don’t stop now, this is the best part.” I turn, looking over my shoulder to find Niall standing in the doorway. “You are so beautiful.” His voice is soft and quiet. He slides onto the bed so he is sitting behind me, legs crossed. His arms slide softly around my waist, resting behind the guitar in my lap. “Play it again?” he whispers right in my ear. I start back at his solo and his voice is simple and pure, his accent slightly noticeable. I continue playing, allowing him to sing Harry's solo. When we get to the end chorus, we sing together, our voices ring perfectly together.

                “Oh, that was beautiful!” a voice bubbles behind us. I jump, not prepared for an audience. I follow Niall and look over my shoulder to see his mother standing in the doorway, hands clasped in front of her. “You two are just adorable!” she can’t help but let her joy out. I feel a smile make its way across my face. Then I feel my stomach growl, ruining a perfect moment. I look at Niall out of the corner of my eye and we both burst out laughing.

                “Are you hungry?” Niall manages to ask, I only laugh harder. “Doesn’t surprise me, you slept through lunch.”

                “The boys were telling me she has an appetite almost as big as yours Niall, is that true?” we both nod and a smile plays across her face. “Well, I guess I will start dinner early, and make double.” We all laugh as she turns to walk back down the stairs.

                “Want to go downstairs?” ok, I am making a change now.

                “Ya” I manage to whisper.

                “Are you going to start talking now?” he asks me, eyebrows raised with a slight smile dancing across his face. My heart skips a beat when I think about talking, again.

                “t-t-trying to.” I stutter. I don’t want to continue to shut out the world.

                “ok, don’t push it too much.” He says, sliding out from behind me, leaving me wishing he could continue to hold me. he turns around and sits in front of me. I slide behind him and wrap my arms around his neck. As he carries me downstairs, I hear laughter pick up again. Jace sits next to a male who looks a lot like Niall. They play on the X-box, looks like call-of-duty. Jace quickly looks over his shoulder at us.

                “Sleeping Beauty is awake!” he exclaims causing us all to laugh. Niall drops me on the couch next to Jace and sits between me and his brother.

                “so, you’re the amazing Kadessa I have heard about.” I feel my cheeks heat instantly. “Well I am Niall's brother, Greg, and I am glad that someone will put up with that!” he points at Niall with his thumb. I can’t help but crack up, Niall giving me a glare in return.

                “Hey!” Jace pipes up, oh god here it comes. “She is a handful herself.” We all look at him, begging for more. “during her fifth birthday she sat in the kitchen and ate her whole cake by herself!” we all give into laughter. “Dad got mad at first, but ended up laughing along with the rest of us.”

                “what is so funny?” Niall’s mom says, walking into the living room.

                “just reliving memories mum.” Niall says. Suddenly, the door bursts open and Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn walk in.

                “Vas Happnin!?!” Zayn yells, getting laughter in response.

                “Hey Dessa doodle!” Louis exclaims, walking along the back of the couch and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. Niall quickly slaps him in the back of the head.

                “Not much Boo Bear!” I exclaim. All of the boys go silent, starring at me with wide, shock filled eyes. “w-what?”

                “we have never heard you talk before.” Harry says halfly, still staring at me.

                “it’s a miracle, she can talk!” Louis yells, throwing his arms in the air. “this calls for a celebration!”

                “But no alcohol.” Liam quickly adds, causing us to laugh yet again. No one noticed that Mrs.Horan left but she comes back in with a smile.

                “Dinners ready!” she exclaims and they all run into the kitchen, leaving me on the couch.

                “sorry Love.” Niall apologizes as he comes back in, helping me off the couch.

**************

                We pile in the living room for a movie, a Disney movie to be specific. Hey, you are NEVER too old for a Disney movie! Niall sits at the end of the couch and I lay, my head is his lap, my legs laying across Jace’s lap. Gage sits in a recliner at a slight angle on one side of the couch, his mother sitting in the other. The boys sit on the floor in front of us. as the movie ads play, Niall’s arm lays across my stomach while his other hand softly strokes my hair. it reminds me of a few lines in their song Truly, Madly Deeply.

Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this

Or put this day back on replay and keep reliving it

                If only I could stay like this forever, but tomorrow the boys have interviews, and another concert, and early the next morning we are on a plane to Spain where they have two weeks’ worth of activities, and only three days of free time. I slowly slide my arm along Niall’s so my hand is in top, and I slide my fingers between his, our hands fitting together perfectly. I look from our hands, perfectly entwined, to his calm blue eyes. He leans down and his lips find mine in a soft embrace. My world seems to slow, my heart picking up. Jace gives a fake cough, causing us to separate and look over at him. Thanks a lot Jace!



© 2013 Kadessa (Kaddy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beutiful!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

I thought your grounded
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Awww~!!! So cute~!!! X3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

I know, I think this is my favorite chapter so far
I love how they forgot her on the couch lol the cough :) :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ha! first one to comment! love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed it. I laughed while writing it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013


Author

Kadessa (Kaddy)
Kadessa (Kaddy)

not telling, OK



About
i am not the most beutiful girl, i am not the smartest, and i sure aint perfect. but i am me and dont care if you want to be a hater. like any other teenage girl, i am bullied and have self conviden.. more..

Writing